On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun almond willow
What does almond willow mean as a name of something?
- Old World willow with light green leaves cultivated for use in basketry
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Salix amygdalina / Diplusion undulata / species Diplusion undulata / Gruenera amygdaloides / species Gruenera amygdaloides / Nestylix arborea / species Nestylix arborea / Salix amigdalina / species Salix amigdalina / Salix amygdalina discolor / variety Salix amygdalina discolor / Salix triandra angustifolia / form Salix triandra angustifolia / Salix triandra vulgaris / form Salix triandra vulgaris / Salix triandra concolor / subspecies Salix triandra concolor / Salix triandra discolor / subspecies Salix triandra discolor / variety Salix triandra concolor / variety Salix triandra discolor / Salix triandra triandra / variety Salix triandra triandra / Salix triandra
- synonym of almond willow: black Hollander
- more generic word: osier = any of various willows having pliable twigs used in basketry and furniture
- member of: genus Salix / Salix = a large and widespread genus varying in size from small shrubs to large trees: willows
- geographic area: North America
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for almond willow
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Including Atlas of the World and Cyclopedia of Names
Tosier willow see osier; also almond willow, purple willow, white willow.— Persian willow.
(Except Ornamentals) by Peter Hanelt, Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
Almond willow, French willow; Fr. osier brun, osier franc, saule amadier; G. Mandelweide, Prossweide, Kottenheider Weide; Russ. beloloz, belotal, loza; ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1914)
by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
See osier; also almond willow, purple willow, white willow. — Persian willow. See willow-herb. — Prairie Willow, a grayish shrub, Salix humilis, ...
The almond willow (8. amygdalina and 8. trianclra), called also the brown Norfolk , is much cultivated for basket work, and is regarded as the most pliable of all willows. There is perhaps no genus of plants.in which so much confusion exists as ...
Based on the Labours of the Most Eminent Lexicographers ... by P. Austin Nuttall
Almond willow, a'-raund-wil-lo, «. a British ipocles of willow. Almoner, al'-mun-er, s. a distributor of alma. See Alms. Almonry, аГ-mun-re, s. the piare where the almoner resides, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for almond willow
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about almond willow
Almond Willow twig : 0973a
Photo credit: mausboam
Anagrams of ALMOND WILLOW
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of almond willow to find many related words and phrases!