On this page:
- Definition of the adjective almost
- Definition of the adverb almost
- Definition of the noun almost
- Phrases with Almost
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almost
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almost
- Photos about Almost
- Video language resources about Almost
- Sign language
- Quotes about Almost
- Scrabble value of A1L1M3O1S1T1
- Anagrams of ALMOST
- Share this page
Fun fact! The longest commonly used word in English with all the letters in alphabetical order is "almost".
The word almost is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective almost
What does almost mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more almost / most almost
- Similar to
Definition of the adverb almost
What does almost mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but
Alternative definition of the adverb almost
Definition of the noun almost
What does almost mean as a name of something?
- [informal] Something or someone that doesn't quite make it.
"Almost": Wendy Cracked a Walnut is a 1990 Australian comedy.
- also known as ...Almost, Wendy Cracked a Walnut
- country: Australia
- language: English Language
- director: Michael Pattinson
- producer: John Edwards
- executive producers: Sandra Levy & Brian Rosen
- written by Suzanna Hawley
- cinematography by Jeffrey Malouf
- edited by Michael Honey
- music by Bruce Smeaton
- genres: Romance Film, Romantic comedy, World cinema, Comedy, Drama
- released on (25 years ago)
Phrases with Almost
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almost
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jennifer McClinton-Temple, Alan R. Velie
Landfill Meditations: Crossblood Stories contains 14 short stories, almost all of which had been published previously; only “The Red Coin” is original. Within this collection the reader encounters a number of Gerald ...
by Sir David Brewster
Thorax large, almost semicircular. Head much deflexed. Sp. 1. Dermestoides. Mycetophagus dermestoides. Fabr; Eustrophus dermestoides. Latr. GENUs CCII. TETRAtomA. Herbst, Fabr.
by Alan Earl-Slater
almost all the time. Moderate pain: (a) occasionally, (b) frequently, (c) almost all the time. Severe pain: (a) occasionally, (b) frequently, (c) almost all the time. Agonising pain: (a) occasionally, ...
by John Wilkes (of Milland House, Sussex.)
Almost every branch of the revenue had failed. From want of money, the militialaw could not be carried into execution. We could not pay or forces abroad; and, to enable us to pav those at home, there was a necessity for borrowing 52,020).
Encyclopedia of Geography (2010)
by Barney Warf
Almost every field of geography addresses an aspect of urban environmental geography, including physical geography, which explains (a) some of the ...
by Lois A. Vitt
Almost 25% of middle- aged households are providing care for an older relative. In a survey of the "average caregiver" — a 46-year-old working female — by the National Alliance for Caregiving (1998), these "informal" family care providers ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almost
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Almost
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: b_nicodemus
Photo credit: mfrascella
Photo credit: polandeze
Photo credit: DBduo Photography
Photo credit: georger_gilbert
Photo credit: Carl Johan
Photo credit: phunkstarr
Photo credit: ovio22
Photo credit: perke
Photo credit: RuggyBearLA
Photo credit: Claricethebakergardener
Photo credit: Monkey Mash Button
- Almost dark
Same Erasmusbridge nearly in the dark!
Photo credit: Danoontjepower
- Almost without speaking
Photo credit: Nick Kenrick..
- In Bloom (almost)
Photo credit: keepyourhead_up
- Almost Back
Photo credit: andyarthur
- Almost bare
Photo credit: Dziunka (an amatour photographer)
Photo credit: misterbutler
- Almost together
Photo credit: _A_K_M_
- Almost Dark
Photo credit: JMS2
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Almost
Click on an item to play that video:
- Almost Meaning
Video shows what almost means. Very close to, but not quite.. almost pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. almost meaning.
- Krauthammer's: Cancellation of Health Policies 'Almost a Parody' of the Definition of a Liberal'
- The Meaning of Almost Everything Preview Video
Take a look at this video teaser for Jeff Daniels' newest play, T"he Meaning of Almost Everything" now playing at the Purple Rose! The video was made for the ...
- Teaser - The Meaning of Almost Everything
The Meaning of Almost Everything a World Premiere by Jeff Daniels. Playing at The Purple Rose Theatre Company January 10, 2013 - March 9, 2013. Step right ...
- The Meaning of Almost Lost Memories
The Meaning of almost lost Memories - Motored Minds EP 2014.
- Rehearsal Photo Slideshow - The Meaning of Almost Everything
Behind the scenes look at rehearsals for the newest play by Jeff Daniels: "The Meaning of Almost Everything." The Purple Rose Theatre Company will present ...
- Almost doesn't count Meaning
Video shows what almost doesn't count means. Near success (or correctness) is not deemed success (or correctness).. Almost doesn't count Meaning. How to ...
- Almost meaning mama!
- Explanation Facial Course by Arlete Crew almost 73 years old
- Almost kem strike explanation.
- Almost beat The meaning
- Almost 2d Fire (with explanation)
New intro, fire-simulation tests and some misplaced sound-effects! Blend-file...
- Suri's vocabulary at almost 20 months
Suri says "yes" "Mama" "what", "bean" "uh oh" "oh yeah" "roar" and "arf arf"
- Eliminating 'Almost' From Your Vocabulary
- Caroline's definition of Nerium (almost 5 years old)
- Julian's vocabulary (almost 12 months old)
- Norwegian Language: Many ways to say (almost)
A video that explores the many different ways to express "almost" and "approximately" in Norwegian. Using synonyms expands your vocabulary and gives ...
- F. Maggi - A quantitative description of almost constant mean curvature hypersurfaces
- 'Twerking' Goes Back Almost 200 Years, Dictionary Editors Say
Miley Cyrus may have coined the term, but the history of twerking extends far beyond the 22-year-olds pop stardom career.
- Free Bibles in in almost any language
Download part 1...
- Name or make almost any verb!
Label "had been being done" quickly! Put eat in the past continuous passive! Do you feel uncomfortable when the teacher asks you to identify the tense and ...
- Almost Lover cover by Noun
See also the pronunciation examples of Almost!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Almost
Almost no one is foolish enough to imagine that he automatically deserves great success in any field of activity yet almost everyone believes that he automatically deserves success in marriage. (Sydney J. Harris)
more quotes about almost...
Scrabble value of A1L1M3O1S1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALMOST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Almost!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Almost to see it in context!