On this page:
- Definition of the adverb alongside
- Other definitions of alongside
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for alongside
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for alongside
- Photos about alongside
- Video language resources about alongside
- Quotes about alongside
- Scrabble value of A1L1O1N1G2S1I1D2E1
- Anagrams of ALONGSIDE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb alongside
What does alongside mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- side by side
- examples: Houses were lined up alongside the highway. | The boat was alongside the quay. | The two houses stand alongside of each other. | Even if it's just for a short while fighting alongside us is all I could ask for. | I've already had the entrance ceremony. It's a university alongside the same railway line. | The Okinawans came to be forced to live alongside life-threatening danger. | Native Chinese people are working alongside foreigners to change the culture of Shanghai.
- synonym of alongside: aboard
Alternative definition of the adverb alongside
- Along the side; by the side; side by side with.
Other definitions of alongside
What does alongside also mean?
- Together with or at the same time.
"alongside" is a musical single of BIGMAMA.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for alongside
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Origins: Origins: Greek para "near, beside" and the genus Hyparrhenia Greek para "near, beside, alongside" and the genus Kibara Andersson ex Fourn. Endl. Paratriaina Bremek. Rubiaceae 1961 Parastrephia Nutt. Asteraceae Origins: From ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1916)
There is sufficient water alongside for average-sized steamships. Stann Creek is an important freight point on account of the railroad, which distributes merchandise to the interior. Sittee River, Monkey River and Punta Gorda are mere fruit ...
by Jae K. Shim, Joel G. Siegel, Marc H. Levine
FREE ALONGSIDE SHIP (FAS) Shipping terms where the seller maintains ownership and responsibility of risk of the goods until they are delivered alongside the ship that has been chartered by the purchaser. When the goods are placed ...
Yir-Yoront Lexicon (1991)
Sketch and Dictionary of an Australian Language by Barry Alpher
Very much, for us; let it stay there for us; we'll be getting it by and by; it's right alongside here.
by Bryan A. Garner
alongside, prep., = at the side of. Hence, one car is parked ...
A Resource for Readers and Writers by Gabriel Adeleye, Kofi Acquah-Dadzie
para alongside, amiss, wrong (2); leipsis leaving, omitting (1): leaving alongside, an omission.] Rhetoric.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for alongside
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about alongside
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Mike Bonitz
Photo credit: Nine LaMaitre
Photo credit: ian02054
Photo credit: Stephen Edmonds
- Alongside in Weymouth
Photo credit: size4riggerboots
- Coming alongside
A near waterline shot of this majestic ocean liner.
Photo credit: Elsie esq.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about alongside
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alongside Meaning
Video shows what alongside means. Along the side; by the side; side by side with.. alongside pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- Puppets share the definition of Alongside!
Folkmanis puppets sponsored the Tilda Pinkerton chapter books! There are 344 words in the glossary of the first book so 344 puppet videos! Hooray! Share the ...
- Puppets share the definition of Alongside!
- English Self-Study Video for ESL Students - Lesson 204 - alongside, surface, shush
English Online Lesson for ESL Beginners SCRIPT A path runs alongside the river. The frog has surfaced. The person is shushing. A) People are walking along ...
- Using Neuro-profiling alongside Clean Language and Metaphors for highly effective teams
Combining Clean Language, Metaphors at Work and Neurological Profiling for a deep understanding of teams.
- Notebooks 1943, December 8: Mary's Description of Life Alongside Jesus
- Had to drive in alongside the beach. Sorry for the language.
View more videos about Free Alongside Ship.
See also the pronunciation examples of alongside!
Quotes about alongside
Whoever sows alongside the road, tires the oxen and wastes seed.
more quotes about alongside...
Scrabble value of A1L1O1N1G2S1I1D2E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALONGSIDE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of alongside!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of alongside to see it in context!