On this page:
- Definition of the adjective alphabetic
- Phrases with Alphabetic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alphabetic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alphabetic
- Photos about Alphabetic
- Video language resources about Alphabetic
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of A1L1P3H4A1B3E1T1I1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective alphabetic
What does alphabetic mean as an attribute of a noun?
- relating to or expressed by a writing system that uses an alphabet
- arranged in order according to the alphabet
Alternative definition of the adjective alphabetic
- Of, or relating to an alphabet, especially the characters A to Z, both uppercase and lowercase.
"Alphabetic" is a video game.
- also known as A
- developer: No Monkeys
- genres: Strategy video game, Puzzle game
- publisher: No Monkeys
Phrases with Alphabetic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alphabetic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Diagram Group
Alphabetic writing appears to have begun around 1700 BC. Its inventors are thought to have been the Egyptians, Phoenicians, or Hittites. The word comes from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet, alpha and beta. attachment A computer ...
Chambers's encyclopaedia (1901)
a dictionary of universal knowledge by Chambers, David Patrick, William Geddie
The first attempts were made upon the demotic text by Silvestre de Sacy with some success, but it was soon discovered that the demotic was not purely alphabetic. Crude notions of the ideographic nature of the hieroglyphs prevailed till Dr ...
by Marcel Danesi
called a radical change in social cognitive style, whereby the alphabetic medium became the primary form of encoding and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alphabetic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alphabetic
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alphabetic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alphabetic Meaning
Video shows what alphabetic means. Of or relating to an alphabet, especially the characters A to Z, both uppercase and lowercase.. Alphabetic Meaning. How to ...
- Teaching Alphabetic Order to Madilyn, Language Arts Activity Using Braille
Madilyn uses Braille flashcards to learn about the sequence concept of Alphabetical Order, or ABC Order. The activity plan for Word Set 1 shown here is ...
Alphabetic Letters Using Sign Language
Scrabble value of A1L1P3H4A1B3E1T1I1C3
The value of this 10-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alphabetic to see it in context!