Alright appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Des, I, Tina Smith, girl-at-call, I will act alright: I’m sanitised!"
- "But, animal Sir, one task’s alright?" a bath girl asks a tenor I slam in a tub.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective alright
- Definition of the adverb alright
- Phrases with Alright
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alright
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alright
- Photos about Alright
- Video language resources about Alright
- Sign language
- Quotes about Alright
- Scrabble value of A1L1R1I1G2H4T1
- Share this page
Alright is sometimes a misspelling of all right.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective alright
What does alright mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- nonstandard usage
- similar: satisfactory
Alternative definition of the adjective alright
- [alternative spelling of, all right] Satisfactory; okay; in acceptable order, but not necessarily "'all' right".
- synonym: all right
Definition of the adverb alright
What does alright mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- without doubt (used to reinforce an assertion)
- alternative spelling: all right
- an expression of agreement normally occurring at the beginning of a sentence
- in a satisfactory or adequate manner
- "Alright" is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Janet Jackson for her fourth studio album, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814. It was released as the fourth single from the album on March 4, 1990, by A&M Records.
- "Alright" is the third single from British funk/acid jazz band Jamiroquai's third studio album, Travelling Without Moving. It was released on 28 April 1997 on Sony Soho Square in the United Kingdom and 23 September 1997 on Sony Music in the United States. The song was written by Jay Kay. The song peaked at #6 on the UK Singles Chart. It is the group's only single to chart on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The group recorded an updated version of the song for their 2006 greatest hits compilation.
- "Alright" is a song by British alternative rock band Supergrass. It was released with "Time" as a double A-side single from their debut album I Should Coco on 3 July 1995. The song is featured in several films including Clueless, The Men Who Stare at Goats, Astro Boy, LOL, High Lane, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! as well as in Intel's Pentium TV advertisements.
- "Alright" is a song co-written and recorded by American singer Darius Rucker, lead vocalist of the rock band Hootie & the Blowfish. It was released in April 2009 as the third single from his first country music album Learn to Live. Rucker co-wrote the song with producer Frank Rogers.
- "Alright" a.k.a. "Alright!" is an album by Bogdan Raczynski. It was released in 2007 on Rephlex Records. Alright! is Raczynski's latest album.
- "Alright" a.k.a. "Alright!!" is a song by Japanese recording artist Superfly. It is her first single that was exclusively released digitally, rather than being a promotional single from one of her other singles or albums that was released through digital means. The song itself, made popular and originally only known by its "Na-Nana" hook, was used as the theme song for the Fuji TV drama BOSS. A ringtone version of "Alright!!" was initially released on May 6, 2009, and the full song was released to the iTunes Store and the Mora stores on June 3, 2009. "Alright!!" was subsequently released as the first track on the Box Emotions album three months later.
- "Alright" is the first single released from Kris Kross' second album Da Bomb. The song was produced and written by Jermaine Dupri and featured reggae star, Super Cat on the chorus.
- "Alright" a.k.a. "Alright!" is the seventh single released by Japanese singer Ami Suzuki under label Avex Trax. It was released in May 2006 in two formats, CD and CD+DVD, and the first pressings of the single included a limited 32-page photobook.
- "Alright" is a 1997 single album by Jamiroquai.
- also known as Alright Remixes
- released on (17 years ago)
- "ALRIGHT" a.k.a. "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)": "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" is a song written and performed by Bob Dylan and first released on his 1965 album, Bringing It All Back Home. It was written in the summer of 1964, first performed live on October 10, 1964, and recorded on January 15, 1965. Described by Dylan biographer Howard Sounes as a "grim masterpiece," the song features some of Dylan's most memorable lyrical images. Among the well-known lines sung in the song are "Money doesn't talk, it swears," "Although the masters make the rules, for the wisemen and the fools" and "But even the president of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked." The lyrics express Dylan's anger at hypocrisy, commercialism, consumerism, warmongers and contemporary American culture, but unlike his earlier protest songs, "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" does not express optimism in the possibility of political solutions.
- read more about It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
- "Alright" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Alright" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by John Power
- "ALRIGHT" is a musical album of Motohiro Hata.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Alright" is a 1990 single album by Janet Jackson.
- released on (25 years ago)
- "Alright" is a 2010 single by Pitbull.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Alright" is a cataloged instance, composition.
Alright is the second single by the Liverpool britpop band Cast, fronted by ex La's bassist John Power. The song is taken from the debut album All Change.
Phrases with Alright
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alright
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Fellow of the British Academy and Senior Research Fellow Jeremy Butterfield, Jeremy Butterfield
all right 34 all right As the Oxford Dictionary Online puts it, 'There is no logical reason for insisting that all right should be written as two words rather than as alright'. Nevertheless, dozens of usage guides, before and after Fowler (1926), have ...
The Dimwit's Dictionary (2002)
5,000 Overused Words and Phrases and Alternatives to Them by Robert Hartwell Fiske
alright. Solecistic for all right. □ It looks alright from this view, but Pooh's ...
by Bryan A. Garner
The one-word spelling (alright) has never been accepted as standard in AmE. all together. See altogether. almond is pronounced /ah-mand/ — not /ahl-mand/ or ( worse) /al-mand/. See prONUNCIATION (b). almost. Like only, the word almost ...
Motown Encyclopedia (2014)
by Graham Betts
UPTIGHT (EVERYTHING'S ALRIGHT) – STEVIE WONDER [SINGLE] After bursting onto the musical scene in 1963, Stevie Wonder's career had gone into decline, for whilst the innocence of Fingertips and Little Stevie Wonder might have been ...
'all right': Some people consider the spelling 'alright' to be incorrect alsatian noun a German shepherd dog also adverb in addition, besides, too: l also need to buy milk also-ran noun someone or something that competed (as in a race) but ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alright
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alright
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: GuiGui Les Bons Skeudis
Photo credit: Jerk Alert Productions
Photo credit: rosemary_mcd
Ok, seems like she knows what she's doing
Photo credit: marabuchi
Photo credit: pasiv/agresiv
Photo credit: avail
Photo credit: .zoe
Joe gives the thumbs-up to Katamari Damacy
Photo credit: nateOne
- Alright treacle
Photo credit: clry2
- Alright (SOOC)
Muddy girl about to go to a wedding in Hantsport, NS.
Photo credit: BozDoz
- Feeling Alright
The view this afternoon from the steps of Grandview Beach in Encinitas, CA
Photo credit: Chad McDonald
Photo credit: gustavo.toshiaki
Photo credit: khelvan
Photo credit: Whiplus
21st amendment brewery's
Brew Free or Die IPA
san francisco, ca
Photo credit: peteSwede
Photo credit: deific.entity
Photo credit: neil alejandro
Photo credit: Iain Farrell
Photo credit: deejayres
Photo credit: Freolic
View more pictures about Be Alright.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alright
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alright Meaning
Video shows what alright means. Satisfactory; okay; in acceptable order, but not necessarily completely right. Used to distinguish from "all right", which would ...
- Alright Alright - An Explanation (Not Calling You Back)
The lead single from the Pleased To Eat You EP (2012 - Hive-Mind Records.) You can sing along if you want to!!!! What happens at karaoke, stays at karaoke.
- Pawnee Language (Tom E Knife Chief) - It's Alright
- 1Davocs - Alright (D/L Link on the description box)
Artist - 1Davocs Song - Alright *Lyrics On Screen* Genre - Urban Pop/R&B Composed/Written/Produced By : Fahzil Ross Singers : John Chen / Fahzil Ross ...
- Porter Robinson - Alright Language (Alex Kippen Bootleg)
- 51 subs already alright! read **DESCRIPTION**
See also the pronunciation examples of Alright!
Infant Irish Sign Language: alright
Quotes about Alright
I suppose, in some ways, writing songs is like therapy. Doing anything is any like therapy. As long as you’re not sitting down thinking too much, you’re alright. (Richard Butler)
more quotes about alright...
Scrabble value of A1L1R1I1G2H4T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alright to see it in context!