The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun alumna:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun alumna
- Phrases with Alumna
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alumna
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alumna
- Photos about Alumna
- Video language resources about Alumna
- Scrabble value of A1L1U1M3N1A1
- Anagrams of ALUMNA
- Share this page
Alumna is sometimes a misspelling of alumni.
Definition of the noun alumna
What does alumna mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alumnae
- a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of alumna: alum / alumnus / grad / graduate
- more generic terms: bookman / scholar / scholarly person / student = a learned person
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun alumna
- a female pupil or student (especially of a university or college)
- a female graduate
- Alumna is a fictional character from the 1978 film Blindfolded Eyes.
- Alumna is a fictional character from the 2013 film Wishful Thinkers.
- Alumna is a fictional character from the 1974 film When the Screaming Stops.
Phrases with Alumna
- Cosmia Alumna
- Pancota alumna
- Cymaenes Alumna
- Elymnias Alumna
- Perizoma Alumna
- species Pancota alumna
- Species Cymaenes Alumna
- Species Perizoma Alumna
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alumna
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Paul Martin
An alumna is a female graduate. The plural is alumnae. Use alumni when referring to a group of men and women graduates. AM Acceptable in all references for amplitude modulation. a.m. Use only with a numeral: 10 a.m. Avoid redundant ...
Comments on English Usage for Advanced Learners by S.K. Rana
C The word alumnae is the plural of the word alumna. An alumna is a former woman student of a school, college or university. It cannot be used for boys.
Alumna is the compound of a. metal ,—almninum, with oxygen, which occurs very abundantly in the mineral kingdom, ...
by Jessie Carney Smith
University alumna is a dogged ...
by Houghton Mifflin Company
Alumna is a feminine noun with the plural alumnae, and alumnus is a masculine noun whose plural is alumni. Coeducational institutions usually use alumni for graduates of both sexes, but those who object to masculine forms in such cases ...
The Clarendon dictionary (1883)
by William Hand Browne
alumna; pt. alumna. Always, âl'wflz, adv. forever; perpetually ; every lime. Am, am, the first person près, indie, of the verb to be. [speed. Amain, ft-män'. adv. with might or] Am&'gam, a-mal'gam, n. a compound of mercury with another metal.
The Wrong Word Dictionary (2012)
2,500 Most Commonly Confused Words by Dave Dowling
Alumna, Alumnus Alumna is a former female student (plural is alumnae). Alumnus is a former male student (plural is alumni). Amateur, Novice Amateur refers to someone who does an activity as a pastime. Arnold was an exceptional amateur ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
accelerando gradually quicken accelerando, stringendo gradually reduce in speed diminuendo gradual slowing of tempo rallentando, ritardando graduate accommodate, adapt, adjust, alumna, alumnus, arrange, bachelor, calibrate, classify, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alumna
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alumna
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Alumna
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alumna Meaning
Video shows what alumna means. a female pupil or student (especially of a university or college). a female graduate. alumna pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- Danneka Miller - Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences Alumna
- Elena - Alumna Language Planet
- Paloma- Alumna Language Planet
- Laurie L. Patton, 2015 Alumna of the Year, on "Grandmother Language"
Laurie L. Patton (AM 1986, PhD 1991 in the History of Religions area) the Divinity School's Alumna of the Year for 2015, delivers her public lecture entitled ...
- Discussion with China: Language, Cultures, and Ethnic Minorities Alumna
See also the pronunciation examples of Alumna!
Scrabble value of A1L1U1M3N1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALUMNA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alumna!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alumna to see it in context!