On this page:
Amadis is a record label.
- official website: www.naxos.com/labels/amadis.htm
- "Amadis" or Amadis de Gaule is a tragédie en musique in a prologue and five acts by Jean-Baptiste Lully to a libretto by Philippe Quinault based on Nicolas Herberay des Essarts' adaptation of Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo's Amadis de Gaula. It was premiered by the Paris Opera at the Théâtre du Palais-Royal sometime from January 15 to 18, 1684. There was a later production at Versailles without scenery or machines in 1685.
- language: French
- music by Jean-Baptiste Lully
- "Amadis" is an opera in three acts with prologue by Jules Massenet to a French libretto by Jules Claretie based on the Spanish knight-errantry romance Amadis de Gaula, originally of Portuguese origin, by Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo.
- language: French
- music by Jules Massenet
Phrases with Amadis
Phrases ending with the word Amadis:
- Conus Amadis
- Polites Amadis
- Eucereon Amadis
- Pamphila amadis
- Celastrina Amadis
- Leptoconus Amadis
- Xylophanes Amadis
- Species Conus Amadis
- Species Polites Amadis
- species Pamphila amadis
- Xylophanes Amadis Amadis
- Species Celastrina Amadis
- Species Leptoconus Amadis
- Species Xylophanes Amadis
Other phrases containing the word Amadis:
- Conus Amadis Aurantia
- Xylophanes Amadis Cyrene
- Xylophanes Amadis Goeldi
- Xylophanes Amadis Stuarti
- Xylophanes Amadis Meridanus
- Variety Conus Amadis Aurantia
View more phrases with the word Amadis in thesaurus!
Printed books with definitions for Amadis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Andrew Hadfield
Herberay's Amadis is an act of wholesale cultural as well as linguistic translatio that relocates Montalvo's intensely peninsular romance (deeply Catholic, embedded in the politics and language of the Reconquest, prophetic, and austere, yet ...
Beginnings to 1600 by Steven Moore
Amadis is a G-rated version of the R-rated tales of Lancelot and Tristan, one ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amadis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amadis
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1M3A1D2I1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMADIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Amadis!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amadis to find many related words and phrases!