Amenable appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- To get a mast, I beg an amenable Bali bomb mob I label "bane", "manage bits a mate got".
- Slam in a deli amenable tracts… if I cap an act, can a pacifist cartel ban emailed animals?
On this page:
Amenable is sometimes a misspelling of amiable.
Amenable (agreeable; cooperative; suited) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Barron's essential words for the GRE, which includes 800 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
Definition of the adjective amenable
What does amenable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more amenable / most amenable
- disposed or willing to conform
- responsive to suggestions and influences
- open to being acted upon in a certain way
- examples: an amenable hospitalization should not result in untimely death | the tumor was not amenable to surgical treatment
- similar: susceptible
- liable to answer to a higher authority
- example: the president is amenable to the constitutional court
- similar: responsible
Alternative definition of the adjective amenable
- Willing to respond to persuasion or suggestions.
- antonym: unamenable
- Willing to comply with; agreeable.
Definition of the adjective amenable for high school students
- willing, compliant
- example: Our father was amenable when we asked him to drive us to the farm so we could go apple picking.
The adjective amenable is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for amenable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Brian L. Cutler
separate severely antisocial from amenable youths, (2) ensure public safety, (3) remove youths unlikely to be amenable within the juvenile court time frame, and (4) hold mature adolescents accountable ...
Encyclopaedia medica (1900)
This know ledge we have not yet reached, and in the meantime our therapeutical measures are limited to treating whatever morbid process we can find that is amenable to treatment, and so, by inducing a general state of good health, to place ...
by Edy G. Schaffer
slang RIGHTO amenable PUANT, WILLING, OBEDIENT, AGREEABLE, RECEPTIVE slang GAME to existing conditions ADAPTIVE to reason BROADMINDED, OPENMINDED) to requests ACCOMMODATING to suggestions SUBMISSIVE ...
by Adrian Parr
Implication in this sense is illustrated by the use of the term 'counterpoint', a term which has largely been retained by Deleuze and Guattari in A Thousand Plateaus because it is highly amenable to a thinking oriented towards process. As was ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for amenable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about amenable
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of amenable!
Quotes about amenable
Scrabble value of A1M3E1N1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMENABLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of amenable!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of amenable to see it in context!