Amino appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Lived on, I made sure voodoo goddesses Bosnia models in isle domains, obsessed, do good, O over-used amino devil.
- Spots we felt busy revegetating issued amino traces, sap, a roll I baste, grime NASA won, and DNA now as an emir gets a bill or a passe carton I made us sign it at e.g. every subtle few stops.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun amino
- Definition of the adjective amino
- Phrases with Amino
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amino
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amino
- Photos about Amino
- Video language resources about Amino
- Quotes about Amino
- Scrabble value of A1M3I1N1O1
- Anagrams of AMINO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun amino
What does amino mean as a name of something?
- the radical -NH2
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of amino: amino group
- more generic terms: chemical group / group / radical = two or more atoms bound together as a single unit and forming part of a molecule
- more specific word: glucosamine = an amino derivative of glucose that is a component of many polysaccharides
Alternative definition of the noun amino
- [chemistry] The amine functional group.
Definition of the adjective amino
What does amino mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more amino / most amino
- pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia
Alternative definition of the adjective amino
- [chemistry] Relating to an amine.
Amino is a fictional character from the 1989 animated TV show Idol Densetsu Eriko.
Phrases with Amino
Phrases starting with the word Amino:
- amino acid
- amino group
- amino resin
- Amino sugar
- Amino alcohol
- amino plastic
- Amino Aldehyde
- Amino Carbohydrate
Other phrases containing the word Amino:
- Beta-Amino Acid
- Alpha-Amino Acid
- essential amino acid
- Nonessential Amino Acid
- Deduced Amino Acid Sequence
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amino
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
Amino acids are characterized by having a basic nitrogenous group, generally an amino group (-NH2), and an acidic carboxyl group (-COOH). They are the building blocks of protein, which are used for structural purposes, as enzymes, ...
by Suzanne Bell
amino acids has subcommittees dealing with criminalistics, questioned documents, pathology and biology, toxicology, engineering, odontology, jurisprudence, physical anthropology, psychiatry and behavioral science, interdisciplinary ...
by Joseph C. Salamone
The reaction between an amino group and an epoxide group is the SN2 nucleophilic substitution. A primary amine adds to an epoxide ring to yield a secondary hydroxyl group and a secondary amino group. Then the secondary amino group ...
by Heinz Mehlhorn, Horst Aspöck
•glutamate-y semialdehyde Amino Acids. Figure 2 The proline biosynthetic pathway in trematodes. 1, Arginase; 2, ornithine aminotransferase; 3, spontaneous reaction; 4, pyrroline 5-carboxylate reductase. o Acanthamoeba Amoebae. Figure 1 ...
Dictionary Of Chemistry (1998)
by N. Pradeep Sharma
They contain the functional group -NH2 (the amino group). Secondary amines have two hydrogens replaced, e.g. methylethylamine, CH3(C2H5)NH. The group )C=NH is the imino group. Tertiary amines have all three hydrogens replaced, e.g. ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amino
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amino
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Amino
Click on an item to play that video:
- Amino Meaning
Video shows what amino means. Relating to an amine.. amino pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. amino meaning. Powered ...
- Amino aldehyde Meaning
Video shows what amino aldehyde means. Any organic compound containing both an amino and an aliphatic aldehyde functional group. Amino aldehyde ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Amino!
Quotes about Amino
The meaning of this observation is unclear, but it raises the unfortunate possibility of ambiguous triplets; that is, triplets which may code more than one amino acid. However one would certainly expect such triplets to be in a minority. (Francis Crick)
more quotes about amino...
Scrabble value of A1M3I1N1O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMINO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- IN A MO
- MA NOI
See also the blanagrams of Amino!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amino to see it in context!