Ammo appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Not issued ammo, deer fear guns, snug Rae, freedom made us sit on.
- Animative cinema fed Tony ammo; deer freedom may not defame nice vitamin A.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ammo
What does ammo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ammos
- projectiles to be fired from a gun
- examples: Hollywood guns have unlimited ammo, so of course all the bad guys can afford to be such bad shots. | You're wasting ammo. | I'm out of ammo. | We need to conserve ammo.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of ammo: ammunition
- more generic terms: arms / implements of war / munition / weaponry / weapons system = weapons considered collectively
- more specific terms:
- belted ammunition / belt ammunition / belt = ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
- cartridge = ammunition consisting of a cylindrical casing containing an explosive charge and a bullet
- canister shot / case shot / canister = a metallic cylinder packed with shot and used as ammunition in a firearm
- powder and shot = ammunition consisting of gunpowder and bullets for muskets
- unit of ammunition / one shot / round = a charge of ammunition for a single shot
- shell = ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile
- tracer bullet / tracer = ammunition whose flight can be observed by a trail of smoke
Alternative definition of the noun ammo
- [informal] Short form of ammunition.
Who is Ammo?
Ammo is a film director.
- also known as Joshua Coleman
- born on (27 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Songwriter, record producer, musician, writer
- genres: Pop rock, Pop music, Contemporary R&B, Hip hop music, Synthpop, Electropop
- film directed: X Returns
- nomination: - nominated to Grammy Award for Album of the Year - "Teenage Dream", with Katy Perry, Snoop Dogg, Benny Blanco, Lukasz Gottwald, Kuk Harrell, Max Martin, Stargate, Tricky Stewart, Sandy Vee, Greg Wells, Nick Chahwala, Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, Chris 'TEK' O'Ryan, Brian Thomas, Lewis Tozour
Ammo is a Belgian-Canadian band consisting of John Sellekaers and C-drik Fermont. Their style range from electro to musical improvisation. Since 2000, they released an handful of CDs and vinyls. Including breakbeat remixes of Bon Jovi, Britney Spears and Shaggy.
- genre: Electronic music
- albums: "The Age of Terminal Irony", "Kaleinoiscope", "Beautiful People", "Perturbacée / Terra Amata"
Ammo is a fictional supervillain in the Marvel Universe.
- ammo a.k.a. Ammunition is propellant and projectile, or broadly anything that can be used in combat including bombs, missiles, warheads, landmines, naval mines, and anti-personnel mines. The word comes from the French la munition which is all material used for war. The collective term for all types of ammunition is munitions.
- read more about Ammunition
- AMMO: The Munitions Systems Specialist career field, commonly referred to as AMMO, is the munitions branch of the U.S. Air Force. It falls under the Maintenance Group within Air Force organizational structures. Although the maintenance group utilizes the AFI 21-101 for guidance, the Munitions Flight will additionally reference AFI 21-201.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ammo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Photographic News (1906)
A Weekly Record of the Progress of Photography by George Wharton Simpson, Sir William Crookes
prearranged work the large ammo is an advantage, ...
by Andrew Porteous
ammo. m: +. IZN=O. (Lu mnure chamber (l) , let nozzle (J (Lu "hung.- chamber...
Ammonia Pump flow meter Storage Tank Fi ure 178 Activated sludge effluent treatment process. ammo' scraper treated clarified crude sewage .
Embracing the Terminology of Medicine and the Kindred Sciences, with Their Signification, Etymology, and Pronunciation ... by Joseph Thomas
Ammo'nii BrornT-dum.* " Bromide of Ammonium." The Pharmacopceial name ( U.S. 1880) for colorless, transparent crystals containing hydrobromic acid and ammonia. It resembles the bromide of potassium in medical properties, and is used ...
by Joseph Aronson
ammo. Quint. m. [MIMI- DOME- ilnli dome. such as the shell-top niche in a cupboard. DI'JIILUNE Halt round ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ammo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ammo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: Rory Finneren
Photo credit: JForth
Photo credit: DC Lies
Photo credit: igb
Photo credit: plex
This was a huge selection of high-calibre ammunition - all in one case, which was really impressive.
Photo credit: David Michael Morris
Load up on ammo at the grocery store. Weird.
Photo credit: Seth W.
Photo credit: cb_agulto
Photo credit: Yazan Badran
You know, for the trebuchet.
Photo credit: Eric_Haines
- Guns n' Ammo
Photo credit: micahcraig
- Ammo can
Photo credit: Graham C99
- Ammo Cache
Photo credit: dmott9
- Ammo Can Geocache
Photo credit: dmott9
- Geocache ammo box GCT9PW
Photo credit: dmott9
- Geocache ammo box GCZHNE
Photo credit: dmott9
- Argentine anti aircraft gun ammo guide
Nice bit of stainless steelwork.
Photo credit: Elsie esq.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Ammo
Deadzone Health, Thirst, Hunger and ammo hack!(New way!) DESCRIPTION!
OFFICIAL RELEASE! NOT PRIVATE ANYMORE!! Note: For some of you people know the ROBLOX - [PLACE1] have been change to # -ROBLOX. So please ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ammo!
Quotes about Ammo
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ammo"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1M3M3O1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMMO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ammo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ammo to see it in context!