The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun amp:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun amp
- Definition of the verb amp
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amp
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amp
- Photos about Amp
- Video language resources about Amp
- Sign language
- Quotes about Amp
- Scrabble value of A1M3P3
- Anagrams of AMP
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun amp
What does amp mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- amp: amps
- AMP: -
- the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- example: a typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of amp: A / ampere
- more generic term: current unit = a measure of the amount of electric charge flowing past a circuit point at a specific time
- part of: abamp / abampere = a unit of current equal to 10 amperes
- part: milliampere / mA = one thousandth of an ampere
- a nucleotide found in muscle cells and important in metabolism; reversibly convertible to ADP and ATP
Alternative definition of the noun amp
- An abbreviation for ampere, the unit of electrical current
- An amplifier.
Definition of the verb amp
What does amp mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: amped | amping | amps
- To amplify.
- Amp is an electronic space rock band formed in London by Richard F. Walker in 1992, after collaborating with David Pearce on The Secret Garden and the Distance projects. Amp recorded the audio cassette/short story Green Sky Blue Tree with Ray Dickaty, while Walker was studying at the Royal College of Art in 1992. After a two year break, Amp resurfaced with French vocalist Karine Charff, Bristol experimentalists Matt Elliott and Matt Jones on board. MC Strong in 'The Great Indie Discography' described Amp as: "Occupying musical territory somewhere between shoegazing and the Bristol 'Trip Hop' sound, AMP had created a work of sweeping soundscapes, echoing ambience and waves of feedback.
- also known as Amp (band)
- genres: Space rock, Electronic music, Shoegazing, Post-rock, Ambient music, Experimental music
- albums: "Frise", "Sirènes", "Astralmoonbeamprojections", "Bliss Out, Volume 4: Perception", "Passé-Présent", "Stenorette", "Saint Cecilia Sinsemilla", "L'Amour Invisible", "US", "All of Yesterday Tomorrow", "Sunflower", "Ombres / Arabesque", "Windy & Carl / Amp"
- official website: www.ampbase.net
- AMP is a musical group.
- album: "Glory Songs"
- Amp is a musical group.
- Amp a.k.a. Sharon Grierson: Sharon Joy Grierson was born in Newcastle, New South Wales, on 4 May 1951. She was educated at Newcastle Teachers College, and worked as a teacher and school principal before entering politics.
- AMP a.k.a. Alan Motley (AMP): Alan Motley is an American musician, singer, and songwriter. He is the lead singer and principal songwriter of the band AMP. A student of music theory and composition at Cornish College of The Arts, his interest initially was in writing musical theater. As a multi-instrumentalist, he mainly plays piano and guitar, but also plays synthesizer, bass guitar, and drums among other instruments, and makes use of electronic equipment such as samplers and drum machines. In late 2000 he decided to start music projects based from his interest in music production working with Ironwood Studio in Seattle, WA. Alan Motley Project - AMP was formed.
- read more about Alan Motley (AMP)
- "Amp" is a musical album of Amp.
- released on (19 years ago)
- "Amp" is a musical EP of Amp.
- released on (19 years ago)
"Amp" is an artwork by Fred Tomaselli.
- Amp is a fictional mutant character in the Marvel Comics Universe.
- created by Fred Van Lente
- Amp is a fictional character from the 2008 film Belly 2: Millionaire Boyz Club.
- Amp was a music video program on MTV that aired from 1996 to 2001. It was aimed at the electronic music and rave crowd and was responsible for exposing many electronica acts to the mainstream. When co-creator Todd Mueller left the show in 1998, it was redubbed Amp 2.0. The show aired some 46 episodes in total over its 6-year run. In its final two years, reruns were usually shown from earlier years. Amp's time slot was moved around quite a bit, but the show usually aired in the early morning hours on the weekend, usually 2am to 4am. Because of this late night time slot, the show developed a small but cult like following. A few online groups formed after the show's demise to ask MTV to bring the show back and air it during normal hours, but MTV never responded to the requests.
- begun on and completed in (14 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- Amp a.k.a. The Alamblak language is spoken in the Angoram District of East Sepik Province, Papua New Guinea. There are nine villages with 900 speakers on the Middle Karawari and Wagupmeri rivers, and another dialect of 400 speakers in four villages near Kuvanmas Lake.
- Amp a.k.a. Asociación Mundial de Psicoanálisis: The World Association of Psychoanalysis was launched at the initiative of Jacques-Alain Miller in Buenos Aires on 3 January 1992. It was declared in Paris, four days later, on 7 January. Its statutes are modelled on Jacques Lacan's "Founding Act" and adopt the principles outlined in his "Proposition" on the Pass.
- also known as World Association of Psychoanalysis, Association Mondiale de Psychanalyse
- official website: www.wapol.org
- Amp a.k.a. APT from Yahoo!: APT from Yahoo is an online advertising management platform from Yahoo. Announced on 7 April 2008, the service seeks to make selling and purchasing ads easier through a common interface. The platform will begin to be introduced in quarter 3 of 2008, although members of the Newspaper Consortium organized by Yahoo were allowed to preview AMP early. The service will sell online advertising for search, display, local, mobile, and video mediums.
- also known as AMP!
- Amp is a file format.
- Amp a.k.a. adenine phosphoribosyltransferase is a gene.
- also known as adenine phosphoribosyltransferase, isoform a; AMP diphosphorylase; AMP pyrophosphorylase; transphosphoribosidase
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amp
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Owen Bishop
Because an op amp is a differential amplifier, its output should be 0V when there is no difference between its inputs. In other words, when its inputs are at equal voltages. In practical amplifiers, the output is 0 V when the inputs differ by a small ...
Evolution, Genomics and Cell Biology by Maria Romeralo, Sandra Baldauf, Ricardo Escalante
30-50 cyclic AMP is the chemoattractant that controls the chemotactic cell movements that result in aggregation of up to several hundred thousand cells, slug formation, migration and fruiting body formation. The coordination of these complex ...
by William E.M. Lands
Cyclic AMP is a mitogen for epidermal cells (lll, ll 2), but an inhibitor of lymphocyte proliferation (ll 3, 114). Thus, it may be likely that specific mechanisms for promotion may require definition for each cell type. A correlate of this argument is that ...
by Danton O'Day
Cyclic AMP is a major intracellular signaling molecule or “second messenger.” It is produced by GPCR signaling after ligand binding to such molecules as epinephrine, adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), and luteinizing hormone (LH) .
Purines as transmitter molecules. Electrophysiological studies on purinergic signalling in different cell systems (2009)
by Elisabetta Coppi
Thus, ATP half- life in the extracellular space is very short, in the range of a few ms, whereas AMP is a more long-lived molecule. 3. Synthesis, release and catabolism of adenosine. The synthesis of adenosine is strictly linked to ATP ...
Endocrinology 1971 (2013)
Proceedings of the Third International Symposium by Selwyn Taylor
that cyclic 3', 5' AMP is an intermediate in the glycogenolytic action of epinephrine in the liver, ...
Progress in Drug Research (1999)
vol. 53 by Ernst Jucker
cyclic AMP is an important intracellular regulator of ...
The AMP is an implicit measure of attitudes that asks participants to indicate whether Chinese ideographs presented as target stimuli are pleasant or unpleasant. Attitudes toward priming stimuli that are flashed before the ideographs have ...
by Brian Tarquin
attachments, and the cabinet had those annoying metal legs that swung out, enabling the amp and cabinet to tilt backward. These metal legs were equipped on Fender combos like the Twin and the Super Reverb. But Fender's hallmark amp ...
Hence the amperage is = — 16 amp. 1/16 ohm This combination gives high amperage for cautery purposes. In a parallel scries connection of batteries each pair of cells has an electro-motor force of one volt. Two pairs of cells have one volt ...
by Julie Anne Sadie, Rhian Samuel
vv, dancers, video, interactive computer system, MIDI insts, 1993- Large ens: Chandra, amp v/vv, 5 male vv, chamber orch , 1978, rev ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amp
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amp
Click on an item to view that photo:
Amplifier mounted in the cabinet.
Photo credit: baka_san
Photo credit: Graffiti . Picture . Taker
Mountain Dew's entry in the energy drink war. A first generation entry. It suffers from the same price and quantity weaknesses as red bull. However, Mountain Dew's university drink sponsorships get it a place in the uni halls accross the US resulting in more college students drinking it than you'd think.
Photo credit: The Master Shake Signal
Photo credit: Ⅿeagan
Photo credit: jdtornow
- Guitars & Amp
300 watt Ashdown bass amp and the "fifty-quider"
Photo credit: thesnuffster
- Amp lights.
Isn't it beautiful? Lights and silver knobs make such a great couple.
Photo credit: chrisjtse
View more pictures about Amp Fiddler.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Amp
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fiberglass Amp Rack Update! Explanation of How to coming soon! Templates ready to go!
Need a box design? Go here...
- Amp Meaning
Video shows what amp means. ampere, the unit of electrical current.. amplifier.. amp pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. amp ...
- AMP MD Roller, a Scientific Explanation by Dr Tim Falla for Rodan + Fields
This is a Scientific Explanation of how the Rodan + Fields' Amp MD Roller works.
- AMP Meaning
Video shows what AMP means. adenosine monophosphate. AMP Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say AMP. Powered by ...
- Electro-Harmonix 22 CALIBER Guitar Amp Head engineer explanation
EH Engineer John Pisani discusses the 22 caliber and some of the ideas behind its design.
- Explanation PT AMP Sign up page for arvo sessions
- Sam's Audio Amp and Voltage Regulator Explanation
- 8 American Slang & amp Idioms FROM SCRATCH
- American Slang amp Idioms ROCK THE BOAT 1970
english pronunciation,learn english online free.
- 2 HD American Slang & amp Idioms THE 800 POUND GORILLA
- 6 American Slang & amp Idioms PLAY IT BY EAR
- American Slang amp Idioms BITE THE BULLET 1975
- 14 American Slang & amp Idioms CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH
- 12 American Slang & amp Idioms DEVIL& 39 S ADVOCATE
- American Slang amp Idioms ON THE TIP OF THE TONGUE 1972
english pronunciation,learn english online free.
- American Slang amp Idioms STEP UP TO THE PLATE 1969
- Mesa Engineering Recto-Verb Twenty-Five guitar combo amp review demo
Mesa's latest giant-killer demo'd by Darran Charles Gear demos playlist...
- Mesa Engineering Recto-Verb 25 Combo Amp Review | Guitar Interactive Magazine
Review of the Mesa Engineering Recto Verb 25 Combo Amp With Michael Casswell Watch more reviews online...
- Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier 25 Recto-Verb 1x12 combo amp Quick Demo
Matt's Music Guitarist Chris Bryant checks out some settings on the ALL NEW Mesa Boogie Mini Recto-verb 1X12 combo amp. The amp was played on the 25 ...
- 1965 Supro Tremo-Verb Amp & 1962 Silvertone 1429L Guitar
This is a general demo of a couple pieces of gear - 1964 Valco-Made Supro Tremo-Verb S6422TR & 1962 Silvertone 1429L Hollowbody w/ Dearmond pickups.
- AMD & Microsoft Announce Heterogeneous C++ AMP Language For OpenCL Compute
- Dr. Z Z-Verb through a Reeves Custom Jimmy 50 Amp
Demo of the fantastic Dr. Z Z-Verb Unit. This unit is in the effects loop of a Reeves Custom Jimmy amp. The guitar used is a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul '57 ...
- National (Valco) Val-Verb Amp Demo by LeonC
The National Val-Verb is a 2x10 combo made by Valco in the early 60s. This one is a '62 and features the original Jensen C10R speakers. This model came with ...
- Dr. Z Z-Verb through a Fender Twin Reverb amp
Demo of the fantastic Dr. Z Z-Verb Unit. This unit is going into the front of a Blackfaced 1970 Fender Twin Reverb amp. The guitar used is a Gibson Custom Shop ...
- Tarby Talks Gear 3: Amp Description and Accessories
Tarby is still talking, this time about his preference in strings, picks, and a few other instruments he's bringing on tour (as well as a quick description of the amps ...
- Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50 Tube Amp test with Mr. Rocky Gapol...
For bookings please contact Mr. Jeruel Pino Website...
- Barabbas amp t.verb twenty+ strat clean sound
- Trans-Atlantic: ® Description by Ivan Scott
The 'Hindenburg' flies back Movietone film of her landing in US in record time. You can license this story through AP Archive: ...
- Lafayette Echo-Verb 2 w/ Lafayette 99-9141wx Amp
Minor demo of the Lafayette reverb unit and amplifier. The amp has working reverb and tremolo, but reverb in the amp is not as deep as the outboard unit.
- AMP Course Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Amp!
Amp's sign language videos 001
Quotes about Amp
Scrabble value of A1M3P3
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Amp!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amp to see it in context!