On this page:
Definition of the adjective amuck
What does amuck mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- wildly frenzied and out of control
Definition of the adverb amuck
What does amuck mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- wildly; without self-control
- example: when the restaurant caught fire the patrons ran amuck, blocking the exit
- alternative spelling: amok
- in a murderous frenzy
Alternative definition of the adverb amuck
- In a frantic or frenzied and violent manner; in a confused, jumbled or uncontrolled state.
"Amuck" is a 1972 mystery thriller film written and directed by Silvio Amadio.
- also known as Alla ricerca del piacere, Hot Bed of Sex, Amuck!, In Search of Pleasure, Leather and Whips
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Italo Zingarelli
- art direction by Enzo Bulgarelli
- written by Silvio Amadio
- cinematography by Aldo Giordani
- edited by Antonio Siciliano
- music by Teo Usuelli
- genres: Mystery, Thriller
- released on (42 years ago)
- "Amuck" is a musical album of Philipp D. Maier.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Amuck" is a composition.
AMUCK is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as waypoint AMUCK, AMUCK waypoint, fix AMUCK, AMUCK fix
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amuck
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jeremy Butterfield
amuck. see AMOK.
by Julian Franklyn
amuck«¦notits. rhyme. 1 John Camden Hottendidsobut quite by accident. See Glossary at MUFFIN BAKER.
by James Main Dixon
To run amuck or amok — to rush ahead violently ; to go at a headlong pace. P. A Malay phrase. Generally associated with violent and angry collisions. Ready to run amuck with any one who crossed him.
by Sidney L. Landau
madly, in a frenzy, wildly, destructively, insanely, uncontrollably, murderously, maniacally, ferociously, savagely, amuck, frenziedly. amorous adj. amatory, concupiscent, lascivious, sexy, leering, ogling, erotic, passionate, ...
by Project Gutenberg
AMUCK, RUNNING (or more properly AMOK ), the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amuck
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amuck
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Duck Amuck.
Videos about Amuck
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Amuck!
Quotes about Amuck
Scrabble value of A1M3U1C3K5
The value of this 5-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amuck to see it in context!