On this page:
The word an is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
Definition of the noun an
What does an mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an associate degree in nursing
Alternative definition of the noun an
- The first letter of the Georgian alphabet, ა (mkhedruli), Ⴀ (asomtavruli) or ⴀ (nuskhuri).
Other definitions of an
What does an also mean?
- [archaic] If, so long as.
- An a.k.a. Andorra, is a sovereign landlocked microstate in Southwestern Europe, located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains and bordered by Spain and France. It is the sixth smallest nation in Europe, having an area of 468 km² and an estimated population of 85,000 in 2012. Its capital, Andorra la Vella, is the highest capital city in Europe, at an elevation of 1,023 metres above sea level. The official language is Catalan, although Spanish, Portuguese, and French are also commonly spoken.
- also known as Principality of Andorra, Principado dos Vales de Andorra, Principado de Andorra, Principality of the Valleys of Andorra
- part of Europe, Pyrenees, Eurasia
- touristic attractions:
- An a.k.a. The Netherlands Antilles, also referred to informally as the Dutch Antilles, was an autonomous Caribbean country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Although the country has now been dissolved, all of its constituent islands remain part of the kingdom under a different legal status and the term is still used to refer to these Dutch Caribbean islands.
- also known as เนเธอร์แลนด์แอนทิลลิส, Antilhas Neerlandesas, 荷属安的列斯
- founded in (61 years ago)
- part of Caribbean, Caribees, Lesser Antilles
- instance of: island = a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- Aruba = a popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles
- Bonaire = a popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles
- Curacao = a popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles
- Saba = a island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano
- Saint Eustatius / St. Eustatius = an island in the Netherlands Antilles
- read more about Netherlands Antilles (country)
- AN is a musical group.
- album: "Revelation I: World Minus Population"
- AN is a black metal band from Turku, Finland. Formed in 2003, they have released one full length album so far, titled Revelation I: World Minus Population.
- genre: Heavy metal
An a.k.a. Ansett Australia, or Ansett-ANA as it was commonly known in earlier years, was a major Australian airline group, based in Melbourne. The airline flew domestically within Australia and from the 1990s to destinations in Asia. The airline was placed into administration in 2001 after suffering financial collapse, and subsequent organised liquidation in 2002, subject to deed of company arrangement.
- official website: www.ansett.com.au
- An is a fictional character from the 1985 film Song Pee Nong.
- An is a fictional character from the 2011 comedy film Come As You Are.
- An is the fictional character from the 1997 Vietnamese TV drama Song of the South.
- An: Phạm An An is a fictional character from the 2008 film Giải cứu thần chết.
- An is a fictional character from Lucker.
- An is a fictional character in the 1988 film Fairy Tale for 17-Year-Olds.
- An is a fictional character from the 2010 film Bi, Don't Be Afraid.
"An" a.k.a. "An!" is a musical album of Ulla Meinecke.
- released in (21 years ago)
"An" a.k.a. "What If..." is a 2012 drama mystery romance film written and directed by Christoforos Papakaliatis.
- also known as An...
- country: Greece
- language: Greek Language
- released on
- An a.k.a. Aragonese Language: Aragonese is a Romance language spoken by between 10,000 and 30,000 people throughout the valleys of the Pyrenees in Aragon, Spain, mainly in the comarcas of Somontano de Barbastro, Jacetania, Alto Gállego, Sobrarbe, and Ribagorza. It is the only modern language that developed from medieval Navarro-Aragonese.
- also known as High Aragonese, Fabla Aragonesa, Aragoieraz, Patués, Altoaragonés, Aragonés
- an: .an is the Internet country code top-level domain for the former Netherlands Antilles. It is administered by the University of the Netherlands Antilles. As the Netherlands Antilles have been dissolved in 2010, the domain is being phased out. As of November 2010 the .an domain remained live with over 800 domains registered under .an, including secondary levels.
- also known as .an
- official website: www.una.an/an_domreg
- An in Sumerian mythology is a goddess, possibly a female principle of the creator god An. Early iconography suggests a celestial sky goddess in the form of a cow whose udders produce rain and who becomes Antu in the Akkadian pantheon.
- The an is a small table, desk or platform used during Shinto ceremonies to bear offerings. It may have four, eight or sixteen legs; the eight-legged variety, called hassoku-an or hakkyaku-an, is the most common.
- An: The surname An, literally means "peace" or "tranquility", also serves as an abbreviation of Anxi, meaning "Arsacid" in Chinese. Visitors to China who came from Arsacid-held territories often took the name An.
- An is a file format.
- An a.k.a. aminoacylase 1-like is a gene.
- An a.k.a. paired box gene 6 (aniridia, keratitis) is a gene.
- also known as paired box homeotic gene 6 (aniridia, keratitis); paired box homeotic gene-6; paired box gene 6
- An a.k.a. auditory neuropathy, autosomal dominant 1 is a gene.
Scrabble value of A1N1
The value of this 2-letter word is 2 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of An to learn how to say it correctly!