On this page:
- Definition of the noun anecdote
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anecdote
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anecdote
- Photos about Anecdote
- Video language resources about Anecdote
- Quotes about Anecdote
- Scrabble value of A1N1E1C3D2O1T1E1
- Anagrams of ANECDOTE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun anecdote
What does anecdote mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: anecdotes / anecdota (less preferred form)
- short account of an incident (especially a biographical one)
Alternative definition of the noun anecdote
- A short account of an incident, often humorous.
- An account which supports an argument, but which is not supported by scientific or statistical analysis.
- A previously untold secret account of an incident.
Definition of the noun anecdote for high school students
- a short, humorous account
- example: After dinner, Marlon told an anecdote about the time he got his nose stuck in a toaster.
The noun anecdote is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- "Anecdote" is a full-length Azerbaijani film shot in Baku in 1989. Made in the tragic comedy genre, this film is about the dysfunctional Soviet management system in Azerbaijan SSR at the end of 1980s and about the decadence and corruption of the Soviet bureaucracy.
- also known as Анекдот, Latifa
- countries: Soviet Union, Azerbaijan
- languages: Russian Language, Azerbaijani language
- directors: Yefim Abramov & Nizami Musayev
- production design by Nazim Gadzhiyev & Shamil Nadzhaf-zade
- written by Rovshan Agayev
- cinematography by Bagir Rafiyev
- music by Dzhavanshir Kuliyev
- genre: Drama
- released in (26 years ago)
- "Anecdote" is a short film, directed by Ahmed Ziari.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anecdote
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Presenting to Win (2006)
The Art of Telling Your Story by Jerry Weissman
An anecdote is a very short story, usually one with a human interest angle. Its effectiveness ...
by Franklynn Peterson, Judi Kesselman-Turkel
The Article as Marketable Property The anecdote is the second most useful tool of a successful magazine writer. (The first is the lead. Writers are fond of anecdotal leads because they know that the combination is a powerhouse.) Effectively ...
The Album (1825)
following anecdote is a member of that family ; in a romance it would be despised as frivolous. So true is it, that while in works of fiction we demand probability, the actual life around us is daily teeming with apparent impossibilities .
On Stories (2002)
by Richard Kearney
One such anecdote is that of the narrator's mother who took the.
by Collins Dictionaries
anecdote. anecdotes NOUN a short, sometimes entertaining story about a person or an event angel angels NOUNa beingwho, somepeople believe, lives in heaven and.
Sinhalese English Dictionary (1982)
by B. Clough
anecdote. <- o«2ogs5», Upakunchikd, s. black cummin seed, nigella indica, [Colloq. a>6gc3i kaluduru]. £,0 «8C», Upakulyd, «. long pepper, piper lonyum, [Colloq.
by William Holloway
The labouring class have a very broad pronunciation, as may be shewn by the following anecdote :- One gentleman laid a wager with another, that the first countryman, they met (so well did they understand the scripture) could tell them the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anecdote
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Anecdote
Click on an item to view that photo:
First anecdote ;-)
Photo credit: Marcus Vegas
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Anecdote
Click on an item to play that video:
- Anecdote Meaning
Video shows what anecdote means. A short account of a real incident or person, often humorous or interesting.. An account which supports an argument, but ...
- ESL Vocabulary : anecdote
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Anecdote, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
- ESL Vocabulary : anecdote
- Eddie's Words of Wisdom - Amusing Anecdote: The Language Barrier
See also the pronunciation examples of Anecdote!
Quotes about Anecdote
Remember that a painting - before it is a battle horse, a nude model, or some anecdote - is essentially a flat surface covered with colours assembled in a certain order. (Maurice Denis)
more quotes about anecdote...
Scrabble value of A1N1E1C3D2O1T1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ANECDOTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Anecdote!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Anecdote to see it in context!