On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb anesthetize
What does anesthetize mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: anesthetized | anesthetizing | anesthetizes
- administer an anesthetic drug to
- examples: The patient must be anesthetized before the operation | anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth | Did he anesthetize his foot?
- lexical domain: Body Actions - verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- alternative spellings: anaesthetise / anaesthetize / anesthetise
- synonyms of anesthetize: put out / put under
- antonym of anesthetize: bring to
- more generic words: dose / drug = administer a drug to
- more specific words:
- "Anesthetize" is the second live DVD by progressive rock band Porcupine Tree, released on 20 May 2010. The Blu-ray edition was released on 15 June. It is filmed in high definition and taken from two concerts given by Porcupine Tree at Tilburg, Netherlands on 15 and 16 October, at the end of the Fear of a Blank Planet tour in 2008. The film is directed and edited by Lasse Hoile and the audio track is mixed in stereo and 5.1 Surround by Steven Wilson.
- "Anesthetize" is a Porcupine Tree song. It is the third track on the 2007 album Fear of a Blank Planet. It is the longest song on this album, clocking in at 17:42, making Fear of a Blank Planet the studio album containing the longest composition since 1995's The Sky Moves Sideways.
- music and lyrics by Steven Wilson
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anesthetize
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
15,000 Years of Inventions and Innovations by Emory Dean Keoke, Kay Marie Porterfield
anesthetize To anesthetize is to create a partial or total lack of feeling, with or without the loss of alertness. annealing Annealing is ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
[Q anesthetize + -ation.] The process of rendering insensible, especially to pain, by means of anesthetics; the act or operation of applying anesthetics. Also spelled anesthetisation, anaesthetisation. All physiologists, whenever it is possible, ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
[Z anesthetize + -ation.] The process of rendering insensible, especially to pain, by means of anesthetics; the act or operation of applying anesthetics. Also spelled anesthetisation, anaesthetisation. All physiologists, whenever it is possible, ...
by Clive Upton, William A. Kretzschmar, Jr.
n anesthetize BR o'ni:S0ftAIZ, ...
Your comprehensive A-to Z guide for healing with herbs, nutrition, supplements, and secret remedies by DR. MAO SHING NI
The leaves, which are the plant's primary medicinal resource, are known to anesthetize the sweet taste buds and reduce blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Gymnema is therefore used to fight sugar cravings by placing the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anesthetize
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Anesthetize
If you need images about Anesthetize for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Anesthetize
Video shows what anesthetize means. To administer anesthesia to: to render unfeeling or unconscious through the use of narcotic substances, usually either ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Anesthetize!
Scrabble value of A1N1E1S1T1H4E1T1I1Z10E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 23 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Anesthetize to see it in context!