On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb anesthetize
What does anesthetize mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: anesthetized | anesthetizing | anesthetizes
- administer an anesthetic drug to
- examples: The patient must be anesthetized before the operation | anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth | Did he anesthetize his foot?
- lexical domain: Body Actions - verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- alternative spellings: anaesthetise / anaesthetize / anesthetise
- synonyms of anesthetize: put out / put under
- antonym of anesthetize: bring to
- more generic words: dose / drug = administer a drug to
- more specific words:
- "Anesthetize" is the second live DVD by progressive rock band Porcupine Tree, released on 20 May 2010. The Blu-ray edition was released on 15 June. It is filmed in high definition and taken from two concerts given by Porcupine Tree at Tilburg, Netherlands on 15 and 16 October, at the end of the Fear of a Blank Planet tour in 2008. The film is directed and edited by Lasse Hoile and the audio track is mixed in stereo and 5.1 Surround by Steven Wilson.
- "Anesthetize" is a Porcupine Tree song. It is the third track on the 2007 album Fear of a Blank Planet. It is the longest song on this album, clocking in at 17:42, making Fear of a Blank Planet the studio album containing the longest composition since 1995's The Sky Moves Sideways.
- music and lyrics by Steven Wilson
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anesthetize
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney (1903)
[Z anesthetize + -ation.] The process of rendering insensible, especially to pain, by means of anesthetics; the act or operation of applying anesthetics. Also spelled anesthetisation, anaesthetisation. All physiologists, whenever it is possible, ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
[Q anesthetize + -ation.] The process of rendering insensible, especially to pain, by means of anesthetics; the act or operation of applying anesthetics. Also spelled anesthetisation, anaesthetisation. All physiologists, whenever it is possible, ...
15,000 Years of Inventions and Innovations by Emory Dean Keoke, Kay Marie Porterfield
anesthetize To anesthetize is to create a partial or total lack of feeling, with or without the loss of alertness. annealing Annealing is ...
The Century dictionary (1906)
< anesthetize + -ation .] The process of rendering insensible, especially to pain, by means of anesthetics; the act or operation of applying anesthetics. Also spelled anesthetisation, aneesthetisation. All physiologists, whenever it is possible, try to ...
by Casey Albert Wood
An anesthetic of any sort is usually not necessary, though it may be desirable at times to anesthetize the skin with the ethyl chloride spray. The examination of the spinal fluid is more appropriately to be discussed in one of the standard ...
by Xuhua Chen
anesthetize by cold, as for certain surgical procedures 7. be very cold, below the freezing point 8 .
Volume 10: Law and Politics by James W. Ely Jr., Bradley G. Bond
One-party politics helped to “anesthetize” or “sterilize” between two-thirds and four-fifths of the region's white adults. As a consequence, politicians representing the interests of more affluent southerners usually triumphed over spokesmen for ...
−anesthetize, v. anesthesia machine, an apparatus for administering inhalation anesthetic gases and vapors and for controlling ventilation. Although there are many different models, all have the following features: a delivery system for medical ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anesthetize
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Anesthetize
If you need images about Anesthetize for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Anesthetize
Video shows what anesthetize means. To administer anesthesia to: to render unfeeling or unconscious through the use of narcotic substances, usually either ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Anesthetize!
Scrabble value of A1N1E1S1T1H4E1T1I1Z10E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 23 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Anesthetize to see it in context!