On this page:
- Anga was a kingdom that flourished on the eastern Indian subcontinent in the 6th century BCE until taken over by Magadha in the same century. Counted among the "sixteen great nations" in Buddhist texts like the Anguttara Nikaya, Anga also finds mention in the Jain Vyakhyaprajnapti’s list of ancient janapadas.
- read more about Anga (country)
- Anga a.k.a. Anga, Punjab: Angah, is a village and one of the 51 Union Councils of Khushab District in the Punjab Province of Pakistan. It is located at 32° 36' 0N 72° 4' 60E.
- read more about Anga, Punjab
Who is Anga?
Anga a.k.a. Angapiemage Persico is a musical artist.
- read more about Angapiemage Persico
- Anga a.k.a. Angika Language: Angika is a language spoken in Eastern Part of Bihar, Santhal Praganas of Jharkhand and Maldah District of West Bengal. Angika is an Indo-Aryan of the Anga region of India, a 58,000 km² area approx. that falls within the states of Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal. Besides India, Angika is also spoken in Terai region of Nepal.
- read more about Angika Language
- Anga a.k.a. Hanga Language: Hanga is a Gur language of Ghana.
- read more about Hanga Language
Phrases with Anga
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anga
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Practice Manual Pranayama (2012)
by Jana A. Czipin
Patanja anga means literally "eight The Yoga Sutras t 2000 years ago. Patanjali de means literally "eight The Yoga Sutras 00 years ago. Patanjali define ans literally "eight The Yoga Sutras by the Indian ears ago. Patanjali defines th literally ...
Commercial, Industrial and Scientific, Products of the Mineral, Vegetable, and Animal Kingdoms, Useful Arts and Manufactures by Edward Balfour
The anga is a sleeveless vest. Buchhance, in Dharwar, is commonly worn as a waist-cloth by children of respectable people ; also worn by adults of the same class while sleeping. Price one rupee two annas. Chcidar is a sheet. A chadar made ...
by Bruno Nettl, Terry E. Miller, Ruth M. Stone, Sean Williams
Illustrative of the Mythology, Philosophy, Literature, Antiquities, Arts, Manners, Customs &c. of the Hindus by John Garrett
Anga — 1> A name of a minor Dwipa, peopled by Mlechehhas who worship Hindu divinities ; 2, A country in the neighbourhood of Bhagulpur. It is the scene of several of the legends of the Ramayana. A dynasty of Buddhist Rajas reigned at ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anga
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Anga
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Anga
Sri Vaibhava Lakshmi Explanation,Ganapathi Pooja,Kalasa Pooja,Shodasa Upachara Pooja,Anga...
Provided to YouTube by Sruthilaya Audio Sri Vaibhava Lakshmi Explanation,Ganapathi Pooja,Kalasa Pooja,Shodasa Upachara Pooja,Anga Pooja,Ashtothram ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Anga!
Scrabble value of A1N1G2A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine