On this page:
Definition of the noun animal material
What does animal material mean as a name of something?
- material derived from animals
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- more generic words: material / stuff = the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- more specific terms:
- feather / plumage / plume = the light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds
- animal product = a product made from animal material
- animal oil = any oil obtained from animal substances
- dentine / dentin = a calcareous material harder and denser than bone that comprises the bulk of a tooth
- osseous tissue / bone = the porous calcified substance from which bones are made
- horn = the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- shell = the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals
- animal fat = any fat obtained from animals
animal material is a visual art medium.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for animal material
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David Mcfarland
The decomposers are generally bacteria and fungi that break down plant and animal material into a form that can be re-used by plants. Most communities have a characteristic *food chain, in which each species has a particular *niche, which ...
The dictionary of medical and surgical knowledge, by the editor of the 'Dictionary of useful knowledge'. (1864)
There is yet another substance which was long supposed to be nutritious, and being an animal material, for several years held a divided popularity with arrowroot, but which modern experience has shown to be perfectly unworthy the ...
From Genome to Environment
Generally, animal material is higher in protein and more digestible than plant or detrital material (Table 2; Figure 4). There are differences in digestibility among animal and plant matter because fish generally lack the enzymes (e.g., cellulase ...
Predators feedon living animal material either byengulfing entire prey or by piercing the tissuesof prey. Macrophyte piercers feed on the fluids in ...
2,500 Animals with Photos, Maps, and More! by Lucy H. Spelman
DIET: Plants and sometimes animal material Cockroaches communicate with one another by releasing chemicals in the air and tear» ...
Algae and Animal Tissues Plant and animal material (e.g. algae, crustaceans, molluscs and bivalves) collected to determine ...
Encyclopedia of Deserts (2017)
by Michael A. Mares
and will take some animal material. Seeds and nuts are GROUNDWATER stored in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for animal material
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about animal material
If you need images about animal material for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price: