On this page:
- Animal science is described as "studying the biology of animals that are under the control of mankind". Historically, the degree was called animal husbandry and the animals studied were livestock species, like cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry, and horses. Today, courses available now look at a far broader area to include companion animals like dogs and cats, and many exotic species. Degrees in Animal Science are offered at a number of colleges and universities. In the United States, the universities offering such a program were Land Grant Universities and include Cornell University, UC Davis, Michigan State University, Purdue University, The Ohio State University, The Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Minnesota. Typically, the Animal Science curriculum not only provides a strong science background, but also hands-on experience working with animals on campus-based farms. Professional education in animal science prepares students for career opportunities in areas such as animal breeding, food and fiber production, nutrition, animal agribusiness, animal behavior and welfare, and biotechnology.
- Animal Science was a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering research in animal science, animal biology, and animal production, published by Cambridge University Press. It was the main journal of the British Society of Animal Science and was established in 1959. The last issue was published in 2006 and it was subsequently merged with two other journals to become Animal.
- official website: www.bsas.org.uk/Publications/Animal_Science
- Animal Science is a television show that premiered on 30 August 2012. The series shows viewers how and why animals behave using a scientific approach, with 3D animations, graphics and analysis. It is produced by Steve Rotfeld Productions.
- Animal Science is a field of study.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Animal science
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Laboratory Swine (1999)
by Peter J. A. Bollen, Axel K. Hansen, Aage K Olsen Alstrup
AALAS The American Association for Laboratory Animal Science is a forum for the exchange of information and expertise in the care and use of laboratory animals. Since 1950, AALAS has been dedicated to the humane care and treatment of ...
by Susan Ratcliffe
using animal Science is an edged t. tools Give us the t. secrets are edged t. t. to him that can handle them tooth red in t. and claw sharper than a serpent's t. t. for tooth toothache endure the t. toothpaste t. is out of the tube top always room at the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Animal science
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Animal science
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Animal science
Animal Science Vocabulary Movie
See also the pronunciation examples of Animal science!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Animal science to see it in context!