On this page:
Who is Anne Briggs?
Anne Briggs: Anne Patricia Briggs is an English folk singer. Although she travelled widely in the 1960s and early 1970s, appearing at folk clubs and venues in England and Ireland, she never aspired to commercial success or to achieve widespread public acknowledgment of her music. However, she was a highly influential figure in the English folk music revival, being a source of songs and musical inspiration for others such as A.L. Lloyd, Bert Jansch, Jimmy Page, The Watersons, June Tabor, Sandy Denny, Richard Thompson and Maddy Prior.
- also known as Annie Briggs; Briggs, Anne
- born on (71 years ago) in Nottinghamshire
- nationality: England
- profession: Singer
- genre: Folk music
- albums: "A Collection", "Classic Anne Briggs: The Complete Topic Recordings", "The Time Has Come", "Anne Briggs", "Sing a Song for You", "Classic Anne Briggs", "The Hazards of Love", "The Bird in the Bush: Traditional Erotic Songs"
- "Anne Briggs": Anne Briggs is a folk album released in 1971 by Anne Briggs. The songs are traditional apart from two Briggs originals, "Go Your Way" and "Living By The Water".
- genre: Folk music
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Anne Briggs" is a musical album of Anne Briggs.
- released in (44 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Anne Briggs
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Global History (2007)
The Industrial Revolution to the Age of Globalization by Mark Willner, Jerry Weiner, George A. Hero, Bonnie-Anne Briggs
Bonnie- Anne Briggs is a graduate of Nazareth College of Rochester, with a B.A. in history with a minor in economics and the State University of New York at Brockport, with an M.S. in Education with concentration in Educational Administration ...
The Walking Dead in Popular Culture and Myth by June Michele Pulliam, Anthony J. Fonseca
Rabid is particularly notable for Cronenberg's decision to cast Marilyn Chambers (born Marilyn Anne Briggs, 1952–2009) in the lead role. Chambers was at the time a Cult FIlM star of pornographic films, appearing in such classics.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anne Briggs
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Anne Briggs for some fun with words!