On this page:
Who is Annie Gosfield?
Annie Gosfield is a composer based in New York who works on the boundaries between notated and improvised music, electronic and acoustic sounds, refined timbres and noise. She composes for others and performs with her own group, taking her music on a path through festivals, factories, clubs, art spaces, and concert halls. Much of her work combines acoustic instruments with electronic sounds, incorporating unusual sources such as satellite sounds, machine sounds, detuned or out of tune samples and industrial noises. Her work often contains improvisation and frequently uses extended techniques and/or altered musical instruments. She won a 2012 Berlin Prize.
- also known as Gosfield, Annie
- born on (55 years ago) in Philadelphia
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Composer
- albums: "Flying Sparks and Heavy Machinery", "Burnt Ivory and Loose Wires", "Lost Signals and Drifting Satellites"
- official website: www.anniegosfield.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Annie Gosfield
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Annie Gosfield to see it in context!