The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun annual:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun annual
- Definition of the adjective annual
- Phrases with annual
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for annual
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for annual
- Photos about annual
- Video language resources about annual
- Sign language
- Quotes about annual
- Scrabble value of A1N1N1U1A1L1
- Anagrams of ANNUAL
- Share this page
The word annual and its family (annually) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun annual
What does annual mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: annuals
- (botany) a plant that completes its entire life cycle within the space of a year
- a reference book that is published regularly once every year
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of annual: yearbook / yearly
- more generic terms: book of facts / reference / reference book / reference work = a book to which you can refer for authoritative facts
- more specific terms:
- almanac = an annual publication containing tabular information in a particular field or fields arranged according to the calendar of a given year
- farmer's calendar / almanac = an annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year
- ephemeris = an annual publication containing astronomical tables that give the positions of the celestial bodies throughout the year
Alternative definition of the noun annual
- An annual publication; a book, periodical, journal, report, comic book, yearbook, etc., which is published serially once a year, which may or may not be in addition to regular weekly or monthly publication.
- [botany] An annual plant; a plant with a life span of just one growing season; a plant which naturally germinates, flowers and dies in one year. Compare [term, biennial] [term, perennial].
Definition of the adjective annual
What does annual mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more annual / most annual
- completing its life cycle within a year
- occurring or payable every year
Alternative definition of the adjective annual
- Happening once every year.
- synonym: yearly
- Of, for, or relating to a whole year, often as a recurring cycle; determined or reckoned by the year; accumulating in the course of a year; performed, executed, or completed over the course of a year. See also [term, circannual].
- [botany] (of a plant) Having a life cycle that is completed in only one growing season; e.g. beans, corn, marigold. See Annual plant in Wikipedia. Compare [term, biennial] [term, perennial].
- [entomology] Living or lasting just one season or year, as certain insects or insect colonies.
Phrases with annual
- annual fern
- Annual Nehe
- annual ring
- Annual Rush
- Annual Clary
- Annual Gilia
- Annual leave
- Annual Muhly
- Annual Phlox
- Annual Fimbry
- Annual Lupine
- Annual Mallow
- Annual Bugloss
- Annual Bursage
- Annual Cudweed
- Annual Gentian
- Annual Honesty
- Annual Mercury
- Annual Ragweed
- First Annual
View more phrases with the word annual in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for annual
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by S. Medlik
Research Methods for Leisure and Tourism, 2nd edn, London: Pitman Pannell Kerr Forster, EuroCity Survey (annual) Pannell Kerr Forster, Europe, Middle East and Africa Trends (annual) Pannell Kerr Forster, Middle East and ...
by E. Banks
Annual Inflation Swap 23 the triggering of a market event (commonly the breaching of an INTEREST RATE level). Amortizing swaps typically have a LOCKOUT PERIOD during which amortization is prohibited. See also ACCRETING SWAP, ...
Thirteenth Annual Dallas Allied Arts Exhibition. Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, 1942 . Fourteenth Annual Dallas Allied Arts Exhibition. Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, 1943. Fifteenth Annual Dallas Allied Arts Exhibition. Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for annual
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about annual
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about annual
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of the Effective Annual Rate of Interest (EAR)
This video explains what the Effective Annual Rate of Interest is and how it differs from the stated rate of interest.
- Explanation of a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
Provides a brief overview of the elements of a CAFR and difference between a budget and a CAFR.
- The Annual Wordsworth Lecture: 'Wordsworth and the Meaning of Trees'
16-10-14 Institute of English Studies...
- MAJOR DEFINITION | 7TH Annual SLAM Showcase | Rhythm Addict TV
- Annual Meaning
Video shows what annual means. Happening once every year.. Of, for, or relating to a whole year, often as a recurring cycle; determined or reckoned by the year ...
- An Explanation of Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and Mortgage Rates
An Explanation of Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and Mortgage Rates When applying for a mortgage, any type of mortgage, borrowers will see the mortgage ...
- 3rd Annual Drake Reed Basketball Camp (Dir. by Holla Definition)
The 3rd Annual Drake Reed Basketball Camp 2014 Clarksville, TN. Video Directed & Filmed by: Holla Definition...
- Annual Tradition: Rush Limbaugh discusses the actual meaning of Thanksgiving
From the Wednesday, November 27, 2013 edition of "The Rush Limbaugh Show"
- 2nd Annual Drake Reed Basketball Camp (Dir. by HD: Holla Definition)
The 2nd Annual Drake Reed Basketball Camp 2013 Clarksville, TN.
- Vocabulary of the Day : Xerochrysum Bracteatum Flowering Plant Asteraceae Perennial Annual Bracts
- Gabriele Sauberer: Terminology - Multi-Languages 15th Anniversary Annual Conference 2012
Gabriele Sauberer - Terminology Terminology for Translators Translators should be -- and are -- the first to know about the importance of terminology.
- PCAM Pledge and Definition of Ethics - CAI 2013 Annual Conference
This video shows a section about the PCAM pledge and ethical codes during the "Ethics for Community Association Professionals" presentation offered by the ...
- FOURTH ANNUAL ENGLISH CONTEST (Vocabulary)
- 37th annual Heart Mini Run has special meaning for many
Boy recovering from open heart surgery.
- WoW Annual Pass Explanation + New Expansion!
This video explains the whole annual pass Blizzard is offering that gives you Beta Access, a Tyrael Mount in game, and Diablo III for free!
- Annual Fundraiser Takes On New Meaning For HPD
Fontes died Tuesday when he was hit by a pickup truck while manning a routine traffic stop. Fontes was active in the community; one of the causes he ...
- Definition 6's 5-Word Speech at the 15th Annual Webby Awards
Definition 6's 5-Word Speech at the 15th Annual Webby Awards.
- Meaning of Naat of Aala Hazrat by Mufti Nizamuddin - 21st SDI Annual Ijtema 2011
- Enterprise Terminology Management - 23rd Annual WEDI Conference
Health Language and Dean Health Discuss Enterprise Terminology Management.
- What's The Meaning Of Follow, Molana Abd-ur-Rehman Wacho, 5th Annual Ijtema, Sarodha, 03-03-2013
- Ashland Rotary Club Annual Dictionary Project for 3rd Graders
- LISA Academy Annual Language Festival 2014-2015 Madison Tubbe-Gul Kokusu
- 4th Annual Language Olympiads - Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology
- CMU hosts the 42nd annual Foreign Language Day
- LISA Annual Language Festival 2014
- The Rotary Clubs Annual Dictionary Donations to Class 3 students
- The Annual International Festival of Language & Culture
The 13th Annual International Festival of Language & Culture will be held in March 2015 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Students from over 15 different ...
- [Top 8] Ultron v Verb - Confluence 2014 Annual Liquid Battle
Winner: Verb[Chronic Illness] November 15th / Knoxville, Tennessee Prize Money: 1st Place .....25388 Yen (250) 2nd Place .....10155 Yen (100) 3rd Place ...
- Buhrer Dual Language Academy students present annual Hispanic Heritage Program
Hundreds of parents and community members watched the PreK-8 students perform in the annual "Hispanic Heritage Program" on December 12.
- Westchester Library System's 5th Annual Multi-language Book Fair
See also the pronunciation examples of annual!
MSJC's 1st Annual American Sign Language Movie Event
MSJC's 1st Annual American Sign Language Movie Event.
Quotes about annual
Scrabble value of A1N1N1U1A1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ANNUAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of annual!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of annual to see it in context!