On this page:
Who is Ansel Adams?
Ansel Adams: Ansel Easton Adams was an American photographer and environmentalist. His black-and-white landscape photographs of the American West, especially Yosemite National Park, have been widely reproduced on calendars, posters, and books.
- also known as Ansel E Adams
- born on (113 years ago) in Western Addition, child of Charles Hitchcock Adams
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Pantheism
- profession: Photographer, artist, conservationist, visual artist
- died on (31 years ago) in Monterey of cardiovascular disease
- albums: "Sounds of Christmas: Winterland Christmas", "Sounds of Christmas: Peace on Earth", "Sounds of Christmas: Celebrate the Season"
- written works: "Born Free and Equal", "Ansel Adams at 100", "Yosemite Valley", "Parmelian prints of the High Sierras", "Ansel Adams, an autobiography", "Ansel Adams in color", "Ansel Adams California", "The camera", "Ansel Adams: recollected moments", "The Grand Canyon and the Southwest", "Fiat lux", "Examples", "The Islands of Hawaii", "Images 1923-1974", "My camera in Yosemite Valley", "My camera in the national parks", "Landscapes of the American West", "Ansel Adams", "The pageant of history and the panorama of today in northern California", "The Negative", "Our national parks", "Photographs of the Southwest", "Sierra Nevada", "The print", "The Tetons and the Yellowstone", "Yosemite and the range of light", "Yosemite", "Taos Pueblo", "The Eloquent Light", "Letters and Images 1916-1984"
- some of the awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (Photography)
- Sierra Club John Muir Award
- Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Hasselblad Award
- official website: www.anseladams.com
- "Ansel Adams" is a book by Nancy Newhall.
- also known as "Ansel Adams: the eloquent light"
- "Ansel Adams" is a book by Andrea G. Stillman.
- also known as "Ansel Adams: an American Place, 1936"
- "Ansel Adams" is a book by Kate Jennings.
"Ansel Adams" is a musical album of Brian Keane.
- released on (13 years ago)
- Ansel Adams is an educational institution, school.
- Ansel Adams is an exhibition.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Ansel Adams
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
iPad mini For Dummies (2014)
by Edward C. Baig, Bob LeVitus
(C'mon, we know Ansel Adams is a distant cousin.) What's more, you can shoot some of those pictures directly with your prized tablet. The reasons, of course, are the front (FaceTime) and rear (iSight) cameras built into the device. If you read ...
by Michael R. Peres
Ansel Adams Publishing Rights Trust. (Courtesy of George Eastman House Collection, Rochester, New York.) FIG. 26 Tract housing, North Glenn and Thornton, Colorado 197.
by John D. H. Downing
Ansel Adams Imaging the American Wilderness Watkins, Jackson, and Moran haphazardly blazed a trail that others followed, most notably landscape photographer and political activist Ansel Adams. Since its founding in 1890, the Sierra Club ...
Encyclopedia of California (1999)
by Nancy Capace, Somerset Publishers, Incorporated
Benet, Mary Austin, George Sterling, Beverly Cleary, Ansel Adams, and Edward Weston.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ansel Adams
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ansel Adams
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Ansel Adams
Photo credit: TheNickster
- Ansel Adams
Photo credit: miketnorton
- Channelling Ansel Adams
Photo credit: Edna Winti
- Ansel Adams exhibition
With lovely photographs by Lindsay Robertson as well.
Photo credit: Jon Mountjoy
- After Ansel Adams
Photo credit: scotbot
- Ansel Adams View
Photo credit: @bastique
Quotes about Ansel Adams
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ansel Adams to see it in context!