Definition of the noun aphrodisiac
What does aphrodisiac mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aphrodisiacs
- a drug or other agent that stimulates sexual desire
Alternative definition of the noun aphrodisiac
- A food or drug having such an effect
- antonym: antaphrodisiac
Definition of the adjective aphrodisiac
What does aphrodisiac mean as an attribute of a noun?
- stimulating sexual desire
Aphrodisiac a.k.a. Alton Miller: Growing up in the 1970s, Alton Miller soaked up the musical environment surrounding him in the Motor City, taking a particular interest in the sounds of Motown, Philadelphia, Parliament-Funkadelic, and Santana. It was during the early '80s once the "dance music crazed" Miller became friends with a young Derrick May that he decided to start spinning records, citing Chicago DJs such as Ron Hardy and Frankie Knuckles as prime influences. By the latter part of the same decade, Miller joined forces with George Baker and Chez Damier to start The Music Institute, a short-lived but legendary Detroit club that has since become near-mythical, thanks to the pioneering techno efforts of figures such as May. Following the demise of The Music Institute, Miller took an interest in Conga drumming in addition to DJing, which led to a period between 1989 and 1991 where he toured the world with his music. He then joined forces once again with May, first as an employee of the artist's Transmat Records label, then as Aphrodisiac, the title under which he would begin releasing his music.
- also known as Alton Miler; Alton M; M, Alton
- born in Detroit
- nationality: United States of America
- albums: "Stories From Bohemia", "Progressions / Time & Space", "Song of the Drum", "Spaces & Places EP", "Souls Like Mine", "Pressure Drop", "A Little Longer", "Blue Funk", "Glory", "Ease Your Mind", "Rhythm Exposed", "Exstasoul", "Deep Experience EP", "Lolita", "Paradise (The Remixes)", "Soul: Often Imitated, Never Duplicated", "Get It Up / Big Phreek / You Were There"
- "Aphrodisiac" is a song by Greek-Cypriot singer Eleftheria Eleftheriou. It represented Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. Eleftheriou competed against three other acts vying to represent Greece in the contest. She won a national final held on 12 March by national broadcaster ERT, and produced in association with record company Universal Music Greece.
- "Aphrodisiac" is a musical album of Andre Williams & The Diplomats of Solid Sound.
- released in (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aphrodisiac
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Ayurveda Encyclopedia (2007)
Natural Secrets to Healing, Prevention, and Longevity by Swami Sadashiva Tirtha
decoction with linseed for cough, aphrodisiac; as a paste, with butter for bleeding ...
by James A. Duke, Rodolfo Vasquez
herbal ecotour group, the "clavohuasqueros", to study useful plants of the Amazon, including the "clavohuasca", Tynnanthus panurensis, a reportedly non- gender-specific aphrodisiac. While we can't guarantee that the vine is aphrodisiac, we ...
Zondervan Bible Dictionary (2009)
by J. D. Douglas, C. Merrill
A supposed aphrodisiac, this plant also acts as an appetite stimulant for the aged .
15,000 Years of Inventions and Innovations by Emory Dean Keoke, Kay Marie Porterfield
They also believed it was an aphrodisiac, perhaps because of the name the Spaniards had given the plant, vaina, which meant both “pod” and “vagina.” Europeans used vanilla to flavor TOBACCO, another plant they adopted from American ...
by Jacqueline Simpson, Stephen Roud
recommends the use of such a bone to assuage the fury of dogs and as an aphrodisiac. See under *horseman's word for another, related, use of toad's bones.
Complete Information About the Harmful and Desirable Ingredients in Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals by Ruth Winter
Pliny thought it had aphrodisiac qualities when placed under a mattress. It reputedly made hair ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aphrodisiac
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aphrodisiac
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ToadLickr
Waiting for friends to come and play...
Chokitoki bubu ban!
Sounds like fun... ;-))))
Photo credit: h.koppdelaney
- Albuca - aphrodisiac
The raw leaves of this Albuca species are chewed by men in Central Mozambique as an aphrodisiac. Use of these aphrodisiac herbs is widespread in polygamous families where one man is married to up to 7 women (more commonly 2 up to 5). The plant is quite commonly cultivated for this purpose in the villages around Chimoio.
Photo credit: tonrulkens
- Aphoristic aphrodisiac
Photo credit: Goce Mitevski
- Aphrodisiac. 165/365.
Photo credit: PV KS
- Bring Your Own Aphrodisiac Party
Photo credit: glennwilliamspdx
- They say ginseng is an aphrodisiac!
Two craneflies, mating on ginseng!
Photo credit: Kerry Wixted
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Aphrodisiac
Definition Of An Aphrodisiac
See also the pronunciation examples of Aphrodisiac!
Quotes about Aphrodisiac
Scrabble value of A1P3H4R1O1D2I1S1I1A1C3
The value of this 11-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aphrodisiac to see it in context!