On this page:
- Definition of the noun aphrodisiac
- Definition of the adjective aphrodisiac
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aphrodisiac
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aphrodisiac
- Photos about Aphrodisiac
- Video about Aphrodisiac
- Quotes about Aphrodisiac
- Scrabble value of A1P3H4R1O1D2I1S1I1A1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aphrodisiac
What does aphrodisiac mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aphrodisiacs
- a drug or other agent that stimulates sexual desire
Alternative definition of the noun aphrodisiac
- A food or drug having such an effect
- antonym: antaphrodisiac
Definition of the adjective aphrodisiac
What does aphrodisiac mean as an attribute of a noun?
- stimulating sexual desire
Who is Aphrodisiac?
Aphrodisiac a.k.a. Alton Miller: Growing up in the 1970s, Alton Miller soaked up the musical environment surrounding him in the Motor City, taking a particular interest in the sounds of Motown, Philadelphia, Parliament-Funkadelic, and Santana. It was during the early '80s once the "dance music crazed" Miller became friends with a young Derrick May that he decided to start spinning records, citing Chicago DJs such as Ron Hardy and Frankie Knuckles as prime influences. By the latter part of the same decade, Miller joined forces with George Baker and Chez Damier to start The Music Institute, a short-lived but legendary Detroit club that has since become near-mythical, thanks to the pioneering techno efforts of figures such as May. Following the demise of The Music Institute, Miller took an interest in Conga drumming in addition to DJing, which led to a period between 1989 and 1991 where he toured the world with his music. He then joined forces once again with May, first as an employee of the artist's Transmat Records label, then as Aphrodisiac, the title under which he would begin releasing his music.
- read more about Alton Miller
Aphrodisiac is a musical group.
- "Aphrodisiac" is a song by Greek-Cypriot singer Eleftheria Eleftheriou. It represented Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012. Eleftheriou competed against three other acts vying to represent Greece in the contest. She won a national final held on 12 March by national broadcaster ERT, and produced in association with record company Universal Music Greece.
- "Aphrodisiac" a.k.a. "APHRODISIAC(Japan)" is a musical album of FM.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "Aphrodisiac" is a musical single of Dosse Posse.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Aphrodisiac" is a musical album of Andre Williams & The Diplomats of Solid Sound.
- released in (9 years ago)
Aphrodisiac is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aphrodisiac
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Plant Lore (2007)
by D.C. Watts
But such a hopeless idea as pansy being aphrodisiac must be reflected in the best-known of the “love” names – Love-in-idleness, for that can only mean Love- in-vain, a name that is actually recorded in Somerset (Grigson. 1955). Who would ...
The Ayurveda Encyclopedia (2007)
Natural Secrets to Healing, Prevention, and Longevity by Swami Sadashiva Tirtha
decoction with linseed for cough, aphrodisiac; as a paste, with butter for bleeding hemorrhoids; powder for amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea (and a warm hip bath with ...
by Dr Robert M. Youngson
aphrodisiac 1 promoting sexual desire or performance. 2 a drug purporting to stimulate sexual interest or excitement or ...
by John Oswald
aphrodisiac, a. hermaph' rodite, AP—Is, 3. a bee—a'piary, n. A PT—US, a. fit, meet: as, adapt', to fit to. adapt', ...
by Burkhard Fugmann, Susanne Lang-Fugmann, Wolfgang Steglich
The drug Iboga promotes strength and endurance and also seems to have aphrodisiac properties. Motoric activities are strongly reduced. Hunters in the bush can remain practically motionless for days with full consciousness under its ...
by Saligrama Krishna Ramachandra Rao
Isäväsa-karpurah is laxative, aphrodisiac and is useful in insanity, intoxication, fatigue, thirst, burning pains, cough, and tuberculosis. Hima-karpurah is useful in excessive sweating, burning pains, obesity and thirst. Prostäsraya- karpürah, in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aphrodisiac
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aphrodisiac
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ToadLickr
Waiting for friends to come and play...
Chokitoki bubu ban!
Sounds like fun... ;-))))
Photo credit: h.koppdelaney
- Aphoristic aphrodisiac
Photo credit: Goce Mitevski
- They say ginseng is an aphrodisiac!
Two craneflies, mating on ginseng!
Photo credit: Kerry Wixted
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Aphrodisiac
Video shows what aphrodisiac means. Arousing or intensifying sexual desire. Aphrodisiac Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Aphrodisiac!
Quotes about Aphrodisiac
Scrabble value of A1P3H4R1O1D2I1S1I1A1C3
The value of this 11-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aphrodisiac to see it in context!