On this page:
Apl is sometimes a misspelling of apple.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of Apl
What does Apl mean?
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia
Apl a.k.a. Nampula Airport is an airport in Nampula, Mozambique. In the northeastern part of Mozambique, with 2 paved runways and is also a hub for Kaya Airlines.
- part of Mozambique
- APL is a programming language developed in the 1960s by Kenneth E. Iverson. It was an important influence on the development of spreadsheets, functional programming, and computer math packages. It has also inspired several other programming languages. It is still used today for certain applications.
- also known as A Programming Language
- award: - Turing Award (For his pioneering effort in programming languages and mathematical notation resulting in what the computing field now knows as APL, for his contributions to the implementation of interactive systems, to educational uses of APL, and to programming language theory and practice), received by Kenneth E. Iverson
- APL a.k.a. Acute promyelocytic leukemia is a subtype of acute myelogenous leukemia, a cancer of the white blood cells. In APL, there is an abnormal accumulation of immature granulocytes called promyelocytes. The disease is characterized by a chromosomal translocation involving the retinoic acid receptor alpha gene and is distinguished from other forms of AML by its responsiveness to all-trans retinoic acid therapy. Acute promyelocytic leukemia was first characterized in 1957 by French and Norwegian physicians as a hyperacute fatal illness. Currently it is one of the most treatable forms of leukemia with a 12-year progression-free survival rate is estimated to be approximately 70%.
- read more about Acute promyelocytic leukemia
- The APL code page is an EBCDIC-based code page used specifically to write programs written in the APL programming language.
- Apl a.k.a. Lipan language: Lipan is an Eastern Southern Athabaskan language spoken by the Lipan Apache. There have been conflicting reports whether the language has become extinct.
- also known as Липан
- Apl is a software.
- Apl is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Apl
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ronald Hoffman, Edward J. Benz, Leslie E. Silberstein, Helen Heslop, Jeffrey Weitz, John Anastasi
APL is a disease characterized by accumulation of blasts blocked at the promyelocytic stage of granulocytic...
by Lynne Rutter
APL refers to an academic process of assessing previous experiential or certificated learning.
APL is an important tool for showing the value placed on the knowledge and skills developed previously by practitioners, but it is a complex ...
by Victor R. Preedy
APL is a clotting disorder and not a bleeding disorder as the term LAC would imply.
For Students of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Chemistry by Katja A. Strohfeldt
APL is a subtype of acute myelogenous leukaemia (AML), which is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow. The disease is caused by a chromosomal translocation involving the RAR-α gene and therefore unique compared to other forms of ...
Giants of Computing (2013)
A Compendium of Select, Pivotal Pioneers by Gerard O’Regan
APL is a powerful, expressive and concise programming language developed by Kenneth Iverson. It is an array-oriented language and is based on the mathematical notation for manipulating arrays developed by Iverson. The language is ...
Explanation: APL is a cancer of the white blood cells. It is characterized by a rapid accumulation of abnormal white blood cells in the bone marrow and blood resulting in anemia, susceptibility to infections, bleeding, and hemorrhage.
by Ruth Helyer
APL is a process which means that credit can be granted for learning that has already taken place; therefore, to you as a work-based learner it offers a timesaving, empowering device: time-saving because if you have already learned ...
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from the University of Bologna, “APL is a subtype of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) clinically characterized by a severe bleeding tendency with a highrisk of fatal hemorrhage.
Targeting of Drugs 6 (1998)
Strategies for Stealth Therapeutic Systems by Gregory Gregoriadis, Brenda McCormack
APL is a subtype of acute myelogenous leukemia, representing a clonal expansion of immature promyelocytes carrying a t (15:17) translocation that fuses the promelocytic leukemia gene (PML) on chromosome 15 to the retinoic acid receptor ...
by Richard Heiberger
APL is a higher-level ...
for IT, Industrial, and Scientific Applications by Jakob Vlietstra
AP–APL APD Additional Product Documentation APD Advanced Process Development APD Amplitude Probability Distribution(s) APD Approach Progress Display APD Automated Payment and Deposit APD Auto Power Down APD Avalanche ...
by Oxford University Press
APl'lA American Public Health Association aphet. aphetic APl'll8 ('erfis) ( USA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service API air-pollution index ~ air- position indicator ~ American Petroleum Institute (see also API scale) - Computing ...
Encyclopaedia of Mathematics (1997)
An Updated and Annotated Translation of the Soviet "Mathematical Encyclopaedia by Michiel Hazewinkel
AIM: APL is mainly □< functional language, although it has »»!«• some imperative features. It is actually an array processing language, for all its non- trivial data structure are arrays and all its primitive functions and op- eintors ail on arrays.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Apl
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Apl
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Apl
APL: Multi-Language Solution
See also the pronunciation examples of Apl!
Scrabble value of A1P3L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine