APT appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Now I am an apt eye doctor: I rot code yet Panama I won.
- To lag nit literati, moist angel, apt pale gnats I omit are tilting a lot.
- Shahs nail a most passe legato bass note; tons sabotage less apt Somalian shahs.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective apt:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective apt
What does apt mean as an attribute of a noun?
Apt is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: apter | aptest
- (usually followed by `to') naturally disposed toward
- at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant
- mentally quick and resourceful
- being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
Alternative definition of the adjective apt
- Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.
- [context: of persons or things] Having a habitual tendency; habitually liable or likely; disposed towards.
- Ready; especially fitted or qualified (to do something); quick to learn; prompt; expert; as, a pupil apt to learn; an apt scholar.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for APT
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
apt, *&pte, a. [In Fr. apte; Sp. & Port, apfo; ...
Volume 30 - Supplement 15: Algebraic Methodology and Software Technology to System Level Modelling by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
developed a compositional algebra for systematically generating a wide variety of graphics from a small set of presentation elements using a program called APT. Constraints define the solution space for generating graphic ...
by Edward Craig
Those known as non- cognitivists say that ethical claims are not, strictly speaking, even apt to be true or false; they do not record facts but, rather, express some desire or inclination on the part of the speaker. Others, dubbed subjectivists, say ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for APT
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about APT
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Spiterman
Photo credit: Spiterman
- Unfurnished Apt for Rent
Photo credit: turkeychik
- Inter City APT, Derby Silk Mill
A model of an Inter City APT (Advanced Passenger Train) located in the Silk Mill Museum, Derby. Photo Taken: 09/04/11
Photo credit: eamoncurry123
- Y20 APT A&P Travel Sleaford Lincolnshire
June 20th Ely
Photo credit: mr-bg
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about APT
Explanation on apt list bugs
Debian Sid has newer packages and some buggy packages apt list bugs warns the user of packages WARNING: if apt list bugs warns you of a buggy package do not ...
See also the pronunciation examples of APT!
Quotes about APT
Men apt to promise are apt to forget.
more quotes about apt...
Scrabble value of A1P3T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of APT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of APT!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of APT to see it in context!