APT appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Now I am an apt eye doctor: I rot code yet Panama I won.
- To lag nit literati, moist angel, apt pale gnats I omit are tilting a lot.
- Shahs nail a most passe legato bass note; tons sabotage less apt Somalian shahs.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective apt:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective apt
What does apt mean as an attribute of a noun?
Apt is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: apter | aptest
- (usually followed by `to') naturally disposed toward
- at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant
- mentally quick and resourceful
- being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
Alternative definition of the adjective apt
- Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.
- [context: of persons or things] Having a habitual tendency; habitually liable or likely; disposed towards.
- Ready; especially fitted or qualified (to do something); quick to learn; prompt; expert; as, a pupil apt to learn; an apt scholar.
- Apt is a commune in the Vaucluse department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France.
- APT a.k.a. American Players Theatre is a classical theater located just south of Spring Green, Wisconsin. It includes a 1,148-seat outdoor amphitheater.
- Apt a.k.a. Marion County Airport, also known as Brown Field, is a county-owned, public-use airport located four nautical miles southeast of the central business district of Jasper, a town in Marion County, Tennessee, United States.
APT a.k.a. Applied Predictive Technologies applies advanced software techniques to optimize Fortune 100 retail businesses.
- official website: www.predictivetechnologies.com
"Apt" a.k.a. "Apt." is the fifth album by Chilean singer Nicole. It was released in July, 2006, but was reformed in November, 2007. Her genre consists of electropop, poprock, and pop.
"APT" a.k.a. "Apartment": APT is a 2006 South Korean horror film, directed, produced, and written by Ahn Byeong-ki and starring Ko So-young. It is based on a comic by Kang Full. The name APT is from the English word meaning apartment. The film had 644,893 admissions nationwide.
- also known as 9:56, Apateu, Apt., Ap‘at‘ŭ, A.P.T, A.P.T., A-pa-teu
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- producer: Kim Jeong-su
- executive producers: Ahn Dong Kyu & Ahn Byeong-ki
- production design by Jang Yeon-seon
- art direction by Tae-hun Lee & Choi Yun-yeong
- written by Ahn Byeong-ki, Lee So-yeong, Jo Moo-sang
- based on a story by Kang Full
- Park Ha-sun as Jung-hong
- Ko So-young as Oh Se-jin
- Seong-jin Kang as Detective Yang Na-sun
- Jang Hee-jin as Yu-yeon
- Yuko Fueki as Sucide woman at subway
- Kim Dong-wook as Shin Jung-soo
- Gyu-min Kim as 박 형사
- Lee Joo-suk as MD 실장
- Yeong-hee Lee as 할머니
- Hye-ra Ban as 부녀회장
- Gang In-hyeong as 대학생
- Mi-suk Park as 새댁
- Seung-beom Hong as 새댁 남편
- Oh Jung-won as 정홍 모
- Song Seung-il as 유연 부
- casting by Dong-Joo Kim
- cinematography by Yun Myeong-Sik
- edited by Kim Sun-Min
- music by Oh Jun-Seong
- costume design by Ji-hyun Ahn
- set decoration by Jo Sung-won & Kim Jung-gon
- genres: Horror, Psychological thriller, Crime Fiction, Thriller, Mystery, East Asian cinema, World cinema
- subject: Serial killer
- released on (8 years ago)
- APT or Automatically Programmed Tool is a high-level computer programming language used to generate instructions for numerically controlled machine tools. Douglas T. Ross is considered by many to be the father of APT: as head of the newly created Computer Applications Group of the Servomechanisms Laboratory at MIT in 1956 he led its technical effort. APT is a language and system that makes numerically controlled manufacturing possible. This early language was used widely into the 1970s and is still a standard internationally. Derivatives of APT were later developed.
- apt is a gene.
- Apt a.k.a. Apatani Language: Apatani is a small Tani language of India. As most endangered oral languages, Apatani does not have a standardized orthography, and there is still some debate among the Apatanis on which script should be used to transcribe it.
- also known as Apa
- Apt is a record producer, musical artist.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for APT
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
apt, *&pte, a. [In Fr. apte; Sp. & Port, apfo; ...
Volume 30 - Supplement 15: Algebraic Methodology and Software Technology to System Level Modelling by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
developed a compositional algebra for systematically generating a wide variety of graphics from a small set of presentation elements using a program called APT. Constraints define the solution space for generating graphic ...
by Edward Craig
Those known as non- cognitivists say that ethical claims are not, strictly speaking, even apt to be true or false; they do not record facts but, rather, express some desire or inclination on the part of the speaker. Others, dubbed subjectivists, say ...
by Noah Webster
apt, ad. or a. abaft, astern, behind. apt'ee ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for APT
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about APT
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: TheLordMayor
Photo credit: Spiterman
- Unfurnished Apt for Rent
Photo credit: turkeychik
- Inter City APT, Derby Silk Mill
A model of an Inter City APT (Advanced Passenger Train) located in the Silk Mill Museum, Derby. Photo Taken: 09/04/11
Photo credit: eamoncurry123
- Y20 APT A&P Travel Sleaford Lincolnshire
June 20th Ely
Photo credit: mr-bg
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about APT
Explanation on apt list bugs
Debian Sid has newer packages and some buggy packages apt list bugs warns the user of packages WARNING: if apt list bugs warns you of a buggy package do not ...
See also the pronunciation examples of APT!
Quotes about APT
Men apt to promise are apt to forget.
more quotes about apt...
Scrabble value of A1P3T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of APT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of APT!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of APT to see it in context!