Apt appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Now I am an apt eye doctor: I rot code yet Panama I won.
- To lag nit literati, moist angel, apt pale gnats I omit are tilting a lot.
- Shahs nail a most passe legato bass note; tons sabotage less apt Somalian shahs.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective apt:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective apt
What does apt mean as an attribute of a noun?
Apt is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: apter | aptest
- (usually followed by `to') naturally disposed toward
- at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant
- mentally quick and resourceful
- being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
Alternative definition of the adjective apt
- Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.
- [context: of persons or things] Having a habitual tendency; habitually liable or likely; disposed towards.
- Ready; especially fitted or qualified (to do something); quick to learn; prompt; expert; as, a pupil apt to learn; an apt scholar.
- Apt is a commune in the Vaucluse department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France.
- APT a.k.a. American Players Theatre is a classical theater located just south of Spring Green, Wisconsin. It includes a 1,148-seat outdoor amphitheater.
- read more about American Players Theatre
- Apt a.k.a. Marion County Airport, also known as Brown Field, is a county-owned, public-use airport located four nautical miles southeast of the central business district of Jasper, a town in Marion County, Tennessee, United States.
- APT a.k.a. Applied Predictive Technologies applies advanced software techniques to optimize Fortune 100 retail businesses.
- read more about Applied Predictive Technologies
- Apt a.k.a. Apt Records was a sub-label from ABC-Paramount Records. The label was started in 1958 and released only singles until it was shelved in 1966. ABC briefly reactivated Apt twice, in 1969 and 1972, and also used the Apt name on a line of budget-priced 8-track and cassette tapes in 1970. The name was derived from ABC-Paramount's parent company, American Broadcasting-Paramount Theatres.
- "Apt" a.k.a. "Apt." is the fifth album by Chilean singer Nicole. It was released in July, 2006, but was reformed in November, 2007. Her genre consists of electropop, poprock, and pop.
- "Apt" is a composition.
"APT" a.k.a. "Apartment": APT is a 2006 South Korean horror film, directed, produced, and written by Ahn Byeong-ki and starring Ko So-young. It is based on a comic by Kang Full. The name APT is from the English word meaning apartment. The film had 644,893 admissions nationwide.
- read more about Apartment
- APT or Automatically Programmed Tool is a high-level computer programming language used to generate instructions for numerically controlled machine tools. Douglas T. Ross is considered by many to be the father of APT: as head of the newly created Computer Applications Group of the Servomechanisms Laboratory at MIT in 1956 he led its technical effort. APT is a language and system that makes numerically controlled manufacturing possible. This early language was used widely into the 1970s and is still a standard internationally. Derivatives of APT were later developed.
- apt is a gene.
- Apt a.k.a. Apatani Language: Apatani is a small Tani language of India. As most endangered oral languages, Apatani does not have a standardized orthography, and there is still some debate among the Apatanis on which script should be used to transcribe it.
- also known as Apa
- Apt is a record producer, musical artist.
- Apt a.k.a. SCO1514 is a gene.
- apt is a genomic locus.
- Apt is a file format.
- Apt a.k.a. lysophospholipase II pseudogene 1 is a gene.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Apt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
apt, *&pte, a. [In Fr. apte; Sp. & Port, apfo; ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
* APT. adj. [ aptut.
Volume 30 - Supplement 15: Algebraic Methodology and Software Technology to System Level Modelling by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
developed a compositional algebra for systematically generating a wide variety of graphics from a small set of presentation elements using a program called APT. Constraints define the solution space for generating graphic ...
by Edward Craig
Those known as non- cognitivists say that ethical claims are not, strictly speaking, even apt to be true or false; they do not record facts but, rather, express some desire or inclination on the part of the speaker. Others, dubbed subjectivists, say ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Apt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Apt
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Spiterman
Photo credit: Spiterman
- Unfurnished Apt for Rent
Photo credit: turkeychik
- Y20 APT A&P Travel Sleaford Lincolnshire
June 20th Ely
Photo credit: mr-bg
- Inter City APT, Derby Silk Mill
A model of an Inter City APT (Advanced Passenger Train) located in the Silk Mill Museum, Derby. Photo Taken: 09/04/11
Photo credit: eamoncurry123
- A12 APT APT Travel
Photographed in Cambridge on June 27th
Photo credit: mr-bg
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Apt
Click on an item to play that video:
- Apt Meaning
Video shows what apt means. Suitable; appropriate; fit or fitted; suited.. Having a habitual tendency; habitually liable or likely; disposed towards.. Ready ...
- APT Meaning
Video shows what APT means. Automation Presses Tooling.. Advanced Packaging Tool.. Advanced Passenger Train.. APT Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Explanation on apt list bugs
Debian Sid has newer packages and some buggy packages apt list bugs warns the user of packages WARNING: if apt list bugs warns you of a buggy package ...
- 'Maut ka saudagar' is apt description of Narendra Modi: Shaktisinh Gohil
Congress on Friday resurrected the "maut ka saudagar" barb against Narendra Modi, blaming him for the Godhra incident and the subsequent communal riots in ...
- APT 2015 Final project description
- Reind0Hearsion ESL APT 2015 03 29
See also the pronunciation examples of Apt!
Quotes about Apt
Men apt to promise are apt to forget.
more quotes about apt...
Scrabble value of A1P3T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of APT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Apt!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Apt to see it in context!