On this page:
Definition of the noun aptness
What does aptness mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aptnesses
- a disposition to behave in a certain way
- appropriateness for the occasion
Alternative definition of the noun aptness
- Fitness; suitableness; appropriateness; as, the aptness of things to their end.
- Disposition of the mind; propensity; as, the aptness of men to follow example.
- Quickness of apprehension; readiness in learning; docility; as, an aptness to learn is more observable in some children than in others.
- Proneness; tendency; as, the aptness of iron to rust.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aptness
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Selected Collaborations by Frank Jackson, Philip Pettit, Michael Smith
Thus we obtain our conclusion that the attempt to shortcircuit these considerations by appeal to minimalism about truth or minimalism about truth aptness is a mistake. §6 notes a moral for minimalism about truth arising from the discussion ...
A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology (1891)
by Richard Soule
Turn, disposition, genius, gift, knack, endowment, talent, faculty, capacity, capable ness, tendency, inclination, bent, bias, proclivity, proneness, propensity, forte, aptness. 2. Readiness (at learning), quickness, cleverness, ability, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aptness
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Aptness
Video shows what aptness means. suitability; the quality of being apt or suitable. disposition of the mind; propensity. quickness of apprehension; readiness in ...
Scrabble value of A1P3T1N1E1S1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of APTNESS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aptness!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aptness to see it in context!