The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun arbitrator:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun arbitrator
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Arbitrator
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arbitrator
- Photos about Arbitrator
- Video about Arbitrator
- Quotes about Arbitrator
- Scrabble value of A1R1B3I1T1R1A1T1O1R1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun arbitrator
What does arbitrator mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: arbitrators
- someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue
- example: the arbitrator's authority derived from the consent of the disputants
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of arbitrator: arbiter / umpire
- more generic words: evaluator / judge = an authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
- more specific term: third party = someone other than the principals who are involved in a transaction
Alternative definition of the noun arbitrator
- A person to whom the authority to settle or judge a dispute is delegated.
Arbitrator is a musical group.
- albums: "Children of Apocalypse", "Peace by Force"
Arbitrator is a fictional character from the 2008 film Tortured.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Arbitrator
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
International Arbitration (2015)
Cases and Materials by Gary B. Born
Suppose an arbitrator is a partner in a law firm that represents a party, although the arbitrator himself is not involved in the representation. Does it matter : (a) whether the representation is ongoing; (b) how substantial the representation is; ...
Contending Theories and Evidence by Walter Mattli, Thomas Dietz
In the traditional European paradigm, as expressed in the Glossner quote given earlier,122 the arbitrator is a privately...
Excel Revise in a Month VCE (2006)
Legal Studies Units 3 & 4 by Vivien Millane
The arbitrator is a third party who is an expert in the area in dispute. Disputes over building contracts are often sent to an arbitrator who is an expert building engineer respected by both parties. The advantage of arbitration is that the dispute is ...
Building Law Encyclopaedia (2009)
by David Chappell, Michael H. Dunn, Michael Cowlin
Arbitrator be referred to an arbitrator,82 but given the House of Lords decision in Premium Nafta Products Limited and Others v. Fili Shipping Company Ltd and Others this is no longer the case.83 In addition, the clause may place timescales ...
by David Shephard Garland, Lucius Polk McGehee, James Cockcroft, Charles Porterfield
Arbitrator, cont'd. Consent to appointment by lot, 2-713 Etiect of early appointment, 2-715 Form of appointment, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arbitrator
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arbitrator
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: KaiChanVong
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Arbitrator
Video shows what arbitrator means. A person to whom the authority to settle or judge a dispute is delegated.. Arbitrator Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Arbitrator!
Quotes about Arbitrator
Scrabble value of A1R1B3I1T1R1A1T1O1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arbitrator to see it in context!