On this page:
- Arg a.k.a. Argentina, officially the Argentine Republic is a federal republic located in southeastern South America. Sharing the Southern Cone with its smaller neighbour Chile, it is bordered by Bolivia and Paraguay to the north; Brazil to the northeast; Uruguay and the South Atlantic Ocean to the east; Chile to the west and the Drake Passage to the south.
- also known as Agrentina , Argentine Republic, The Argentine
- founded on (199 years ago)
- part of Southern Cone, South America, Americas, Latin America
- instance of: South American country / South American nation = any one of the countries occupying the South American continent
- Patagonia = region in southern South America between the Andes and the South Atlantic
- Triple Frontier = the border area where Argentina and Brazil and Paraguay meet; an active South American center for contraband and drug trafficking and money laundering
- capital of Argentina / Buenos Aires = capital and largest city of Argentina; located in eastern Argentina near Uruguay
- Cordoba / Cordova = a city in central Argentina
- Moron = a city in Argentina, to the west of Buenos Aires
- Rosario = a port city on the Parana River in eastern central Argentina
- Vicente Lopez = an industrial suburb of Buenos Aires
- pampas = the vast grassy plains of northern Argentina
- Tierra del Fuego = an archipelago off southern South America; separated from the continent by the Strait of Magellan
- Aconcagua = the highest mountain in the western hemisphere
- Andes = a mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast
- Bonete = a mountain in the Andes in Argentina
- Cachi = a mountain in the Andes in Argentina
- El Libertador = a mountain in the Andes in Argentina
- El Muerto = a mountain peak in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- Galan = a mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina
- Victoria Falls / Iguassu Falls / Iguazu Falls / Iguassu / Iguazu = a large waterfall on the border between Argentina and Brazil
- Laudo = a mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina
- Llullaillaco = a mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- Mercedario = a mountain in the Andes in Argentina
- Nacimiento = a mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina
- Ojos del Salado = a mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- Parana River / Parana = a South American river
- Pissis = a mountain in the Andes in Argentina
- Rio de la Plata / Plata River / La Plata = an estuary between Argentina and Uruguay
- Tupungato = a mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- member of: OAS / Organization of American States = an association including most countries in the western hemisphere
- member: Argentinian = a native or inhabitant of Argentina
- read more about Argentina (country)
- The Arg serves as the presidential palace in Kabul, Afghanistan. It sits on an 83 acres wide area in the Wazir Akbar Khan section of the city, near the international embassies and Afghan ministries. The Arg was built after the destruction of the Bala Hissar in 1880 by the British Indian troops. It has been used by many Afghan kings and presidents, from King Abdur Rahman Khan to current President Ashraf Ghani.
- Arg a.k.a. Walnut Ridge Regional Airport is a city-owned public-use airport located four nautical miles northeast of the central business district of Walnut Ridge, a city in Lawrence County, Arkansas, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
There are other places with in their name, like Arg-e Zari.
Who is Arg?
Arg a.k.a. James 'Arg' Argent: James David T "Arg" Argent is an English television personality, singer, and radio DJ.
- read more about James 'Arg' Argent
- "Arg" is a musical album of Die Schnitter.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Arg" is a musical album of Arg.
- released in (13 years ago)
- Arg a.k.a. Argument: In mathematics, arg is a function operating on complex numbers. It gives the angle between the line joining the point to the origin and the positive real axis, shown as φ in figure 1 opposite, known as an argument of the point.
- read more about Argument
- Arg a.k.a. Aragonese Language: Aragonese is a Romance language spoken by between 10,000 and 30,000 people throughout the valleys of the Pyrenees in Aragon, Spain, mainly in the comarcas of Somontano de Barbastro, Jacetania, Alto Gállego, Sobrarbe, and Ribagorza. It is the only modern language that developed from medieval Navarro-Aragonese.
- also known as High Aragonese, Fabla Aragonesa, Aragoieraz, Patués, Altoaragonés, Aragonés
- arg is a gene.
- Arg is a protein.
- also known as Abelson-related gene, Abl-related gene, Abl2, Abll, v-abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene 2
- Arg a.k.a. carA is a gene.
- Arg a.k.a. L-Arginine: An essential amino acid that is physiologically active in the L-form. The L-form is one of the 20 most common natural amino acids. In mammals, arginine is classified as a semiessential or conditionally essential amino acid, depending on the developmental stage and health status of the individual. Infants are unable to effectively synthesize arginine, making it nutritionally essential for infants. Adults, however, are able to synthesize arginine in the urea cycle. Arginine can be considered to be a basic amino acid as the part of the side chain nearest to the backbone is long, carbon-containing and hydrophobic, whereas the end of the side chain is a complex guanidinium group. With a pKa of 12.48, the guanidinium group is positively charged in neutral, acidic and even most basic environments. Because of the conjugation between the double bond and the nitrogen lone pairs, the positive charge is delocalized. This group is able to form multiple H-bonds. L-arginine is an amino acid that has numerous functions in the body. It helps dispose of ammonia, is used to make compounds such as nitric oxide, creatine, L-glutamate, L-proline, and it can be converted to glucose and glycogen if needed. In large doses, L-arginine also stimulates the release of hormones growth hormone and prolactin. It is found in plant and animal proteins, such as dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, and nuts. The ratio of L-arginine to lysine is also important - soy and other plant proteins have more L-arginine than animal sources of protein.
- read more about L-Arginine
- Arg a.k.a. arginine-glutamic acid dipeptide (RE) repeats is a gene.
- also known as atrophin-1 like protein, atrophin 2, atrophin-1 related protein
- Arg a.k.a. v-abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 (arg, Abelson-related gene) is a gene.
- also known as v-abl Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, Abelson murine leukemia viral (v-abl) oncogene homolog 2, Abelson-related gene
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arg
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Verilog PLI Handbook (2013)
A User’s Guide and Comprehensive Reference on the Verilog Programming Language Interface by Stuart Sutherland
The constants are: arg is null or is not a Verilog data type TF_NULL_NODE • • ( e.g.: a number, expression or string) arg is a Verilog scalar or vector reg TF_REG_NODE data type TF_INTEGER_NODE | arg is a Verilog integer data type ...
Mastering Python (2016)
by Rick van Hattem
The local trace function is called; arg is a tuple (exception, value, traceback). The return value specifies the new local trace function. import pprint import inspect import logging import functools logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG) def.
21. Arginine and immune function by G. Wu
Arg is a physiological substrate for the synthesis of nitric oxide (NO), which is a key mediator of immune responses.
Beyond the Screen (2014)
Emerging Cinema and Engaging Audiences by Sarah Atkinson
An ARG is a pervasive game genre, which the International Game Developers Association White Paper into Alternate Reality Games has defined as thus: Alternate Reality Games take the substance of everyday life and weave it into narratives ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms. Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Arg. English: sugar plum, red cedar Cameroon: asam, assam, banka, sengui, lissamba, lesambo, bossambi Central Africa: dobo Congo: n'samvi, n'sanvi Gabon: assam, ossambi, yambi Ivory Coast: elehoha, nan, rikio, kebi Liberia: beyor, kindi ...
Nomenclature, Taxonomy and Ecology by M.M. Grandtner, Julien Chevrette
sebastiania sébastianie 14472 Sebastiania argutidens Pax & Hoffm. e f o 14473 Sebastiania bahiensis (Müll.Arg.) Müll.Arg. e f Euphorbiaceae SC SE South America (Brazil: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arg
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arg
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Arg
Video shows what arg means. An argument; a value passed as a parameter.. Arg Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say arg.
See also the pronunciation examples of Arg!
Quotes about Arg
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'arg"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1R1G2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Arg!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arg to see it in context!