Arrive appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- When zombies arrive, quickly fax judge Pat. (35 letters)
Arrive appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Sneer, get aid, arrive, Kev: irradiate greens!
On this page:
- Definition of the verb arrive
- Phrases with Arrive
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arrive
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arrive
- Usage statistics about arrive
- Photos about Arrive
- Video language resources about Arrive
- Sign language
- Quotes about Arrive
- Scrabble value of A1R1R1I1V4E1
- Anagrams of ARRIVE
- Share this page
Arrive is sometimes a misspelling of arrived.
The word arrive is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb arrive
What does arrive mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: arrived | arriving | arrives
- reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress
- examples: She arrived home at 7 o'clock | John will arrive angry
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] The prisoners advanced [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] [Location] The convict escaped the prison [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] in [Oblique] He arrived in the U.S [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] [Path Preposition] [Oblique] The prisoners advanced across the field
Verbs of Motion (with the same syntax): advance, approach, bolt, come, emerge, emigrate, fall, go, make it, plunge, recede, retreat, return, rise, set off, set out, skedaddle, tumble, vamoose, withdraw.
- lexical domain: Motions - verbs of walking, flying, swimming
- synonyms of arrive: come / get
- antonym of arrive: leave
- more specific terms:
- set down / land = reach or come to rest
- drive in = arrive by motorcar
- bring down / put down / land = cause to come to the ground
- set ashore / shore / land = arrive on shore
- roll up = arrive in a vehicle:
- come in / come = be received
- attain / reach / hit = reach a point in time, or a certain state or level
- flood in = arrive in great numbers
- draw in / move in / pull in / get in = of trains
- plump in = arrive suddenly and unannounced
- succeed in a big way; get to the top
- example: After he published his book, he had arrived
- lexical domain: Activities - verbs of political and social activities and events
- synonyms of arrive: get in / go far / make it
- more generic terms: bring home the bacon / come through / deliver the goods / succeed / win = attain success or reach a desired goal
Alternative definition of the verb arrive
- [transitive, copulative] to reach
- antonym: depart
- [intransitive, copulative] to get to a certain place
- [intransitive] to obtain a level of success or fame.
Arrive is a Norwegian information technology company owned by Norges Statsbaner that offers a wide range of Information Technology services, primarily targeting the railway and public transport sector, with the NSB corporation being the dominant customer. The company has 70 employees, is based in Oslo and was created in 2001 as a limited company, though had been a separate division within NSB since 1970.
- official website: www.arrive.no
- "Arrive" is a musical album of Aram Shelton.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Arrive" is a musical album of Axeman.
- "Arrive" is a musical single of F.P..
- released on (5 years ago)
Phrases with Arrive
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arrive
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Theodore Frelinghuysen Cornell Demarest
The conclusion at which it seems possible to arrive is that the Tallman case gives no support to the dogma of a “ choice ” between rental value and usable value, and that a distinction between the ...
by Douglas Trevor
The final person to arrive is the one for whom the narrator clearly feels the most affection; indeed, it is tempting to see in the description a self-portrait of Burton himself: The twelfe and last was (a sutor in conceipt) a right honest, civill, sober man ...
I am Your Father (2012)
What every heart needs to know by Mark Stibbe
The first to arrive is the ghost of Christmas past. One year ...
by Daniel Young
Life at Papolmo luat gets hetter and hattec Cn-owner and paatry chef Enao Peaone muit coum on one loaf of hread per dmec The next house spersalty to arrive is the rerrme di corae con hurro e preraemole ($9s. a ramekm of thelled mussels ...
Medieval Tastes (2015)
Food, Cooking, and the Table by Massimo Montanari, Beth Archer Brombert
The first to arrive is a dish of greens.
by Anton Lustig
The verb <zye35> 'arrive' belongs to none of the above groups of motion verbs, since this verb refers to a direction towards a specific goal, whereas it can nevertheless be preceded by <lye35> as an adverb expressing 'come (away/ down) to ...
by Frederick Stroud, Elsie May Wheeler, John McDonald Burke
ARRIVE. — Condition of Legacy ...
by Robert Hartwell Fiske
arrive at (an/the) accord (about/as to/concerning/of/on/regarding) agree/compromise/ concur/decide/resolve/settle. • AT&T and unions representing about 160,000 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arrive
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about arrive
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the verb arrive:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb arrive:
Comparison of usage frequency between the verb arrive and its most common antonym:
Photos about Arrive
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Arrive
Click on an item to play that video:
- How to Say "Arrive" | Australian Slang
This year why not deep fry your bird. Learn how to make the ultimate...
- Arrive Meaning
Video shows what arrive means. To reach; to get to a certain place.. To obtain a level of success or fame.. To come; said of time.. arrive pronunciation. How to ...
- MOV03760-Explanation of how planes arrive Hong Kong (Little London)
- Grand fantasia partie 5 : Un assassin arrive ! [description]
Lien de la chaine youtube de legau...
- LA MIXTAPE " J'ARRIVE " EST ENFIN DISPONIBLE !!!! ( voir description )
- English Language Teachers Continue to Arrive to Georgia in 2011
English Language Teachers Continue to Arrive to Georgia in 2011 2011-01-16 Dimitri Shashkin, Georgia's Minister of Education and Science met the foreign ...
- The Hot Place "The Language of Birds" Vinyl Test Pressings Arrive, with Lisa King and Jeff Calder
- Conjugation of verbs Verb 'to arrive'
View more videos about Arrive at.
See also the pronunciation examples of Arrive!
Infant Irish Sign Language: arrive
Quotes about Arrive
Scrabble value of A1R1R1I1V4E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARRIVE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Arrive!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arrive to see it in context!