Arrow appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Emus nock sedate Lisa’s Pop’s arrow or rasp ops as I let a desk consume.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun arrow:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun arrow
- Definition of the adverb arrow
- Definition of the verb arrow
- Phrases with Arrow
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arrow
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arrow
- Photos about Arrow
- Videos about Arrow
- Quotes about Arrow
- Scrabble value of A1R1R1O1W4
- Share this page
The word arrow is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun arrow
What does arrow mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: arrows
- a mark to indicate a direction or relation
- a projectile with a straight thin shaft and an arrowhead on one end and stabilizing vanes on the other; intended to be shot from a bow
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic words: missile / projectile = a weapon that is forcibly thrown or projected at a targets but is not self-propelled
- more specific terms:
- part of: bow and arrow = a weapon consisting of arrows and the bow to shoot them
Alternative definition of the noun arrow
- A projectile consisting of a shaft, a point and a tail with stabilizing fins that is shot from a bow.
- A sign or symbol used to indicate a direction (eg. ).
- [graph theory] A directed edge.
Definition of the adverb arrow
What does arrow mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- [obsolete] Contraction of [term, ever] [term, a] [term, e'er] [term, a].
Definition of the verb arrow
What does arrow mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: arrowed | arrowing | arrows
- To move swiftly and directly (like an arrow)
- Arrow: After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While he hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow - a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory.
- also known as Strela
- begun on
- 46 episodes of 43 minutes each, in 3 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg
- regular cast:
- Stephen Amell as Arrow since
- Katie Cassidy as Black Canary since
- David Ramsey as John Diggle since
- Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance since
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen since
- Colin Donnell as Tommy Merlyn between and (7 months)
- Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen between and
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak since
- Manu Bennett as Deathstroke between and (7 months)
- Colton Haynes as Roy Harper since
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn since
- genres: Science Fiction, Crime Fiction, Mystery, Action Film, Adventure Film, Drama, Superhero fiction, Action, Crime
- some of the awards:
- Satellite Award for Best Television Series: Genre nomination for The CW
- People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi nomination for Stephen Amell
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi nomination for Katie Cassidy
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Show
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Breakout Star nomination for Stephen Amell
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Show: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
- Satellite Award for Best Television Series: Genre nomination for The CW
- official website: www.warnerbros.com/tv/on-air/arrow/7d124fdb-0122-4f7d-97a8-6001c46d7229.html
- "Arrow" a.k.a. "Baanam" is a Tollywood film which released on September 16, 2009. This film stars Nara Rohit and Vedhicka in the lead roles. Chaitanya Dantuluri directed this film and Priyanka Dutt produced this film on Three Angels Studio Pvt Ltd Banner. The film was a debut for Nara Rohith as lead actor and Chaitanya Dantuluri as director. The Movie was an average at the box office but brought some praises for the film-makers and got so many critics.
- read more about Baanam
- Arrow a.k.a. Green Arrow: Oliver Queen is a fictional character from 2012 television series Arrow.
- read more about Green Arrow
- The Arrow is a fictional character, a superhero originally published by Centaur Publications. The character first appeared in 1938 in Funny Pages #21. After Centaur Publications went out of business, the Arrow, along with most other company properties, lapsed into public domain. The Arrow was briefly revived by Malibu Comics, appearing as part of their Protectors/Genesis imprint. He starred in the Protectors series and the Arrow one-shot. The character has been dormant after Marvel Comics acquired Malibu Comics, although some of his Golden Age adventures were reprinted by AC Comics.
- occupation: Soldier
- created by Paul Gustavson
- "Arrow" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Cheryl Wheeler
- "Arrow" is a musical single of The Irrepressibles.
- also known as Arrow (Ghosting Season remix)
- released on
- "Arrow" is a musical album of Heartless Bastards.
- released on
- "Arrow" is a 2002 single by Mr. Big.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Arrow" is a musical EP of Dani Arrow.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Arrow" is a musical album of Clare & The Reasons.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Arrow" is a musical EP of Robert Armani.
- released in (18 years ago)
- Arrow: Alphonsus Celestine Edmund Cassell MBE was a calypso and soca musician who performed under the stage name Arrow, and is regarded as the first superstar of soca from Montserrat.
- also known as Alphonsus Cassell, Alphonsus Celestine Edmund Cassell
- born on (65 years ago) in Montserrat
- nationality: Montserrat
- profession: Singer-songwriter
- died on (4 years ago) in Montserrat
- genre: Soca music
- albums: "Hot Hot Hot: World Carnival Mix '94", "Zombie Soca", "The Best of Arrow", "Soca Dance Party", "Knock Dem Dead"
- filmography: "Music for Montserrat"
- official website: www.michaelsembello.com
- Arrow is a male vocalist from Montserrat who had two UK chart singles during the 1980s. "Hot Hot Hot" was released on the Cooltempo label, and entered the charts on 28 July 1984. It reached a high of number 59, and remained in the chart for five weeks. "Long Time", on the London label, entered the chart on 13 July 1985, reaching number 30 and remaining in the chart for seven weeks.
- Arrow Special Parts is one of the world's leading motorcycle exhaust manufacturers.
- also known as Arrow Exhaust, Arrow Special Parts
- official website: www.arrow.it
- Arrow is the brandname of a product line of alcoholic beverages, the most popular of which are flavored liqueurs Created in the early 20th century, the product line includes flavored schnapps, sweet and sour "Smakers" and brandies, and traditional cordials, liqueurs, and creams. The owner of the brand since 1999 is Luxco, a wine and spirit company based in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Arrow is a publisher.
- also known as Arrow (A Division of Random House Group)
- Arrow is a village in the Stratford-on-Avon district of Warwickshire, England. Together with the entirely rural parish of Weethley, it forms the combined civil parish of Arrow with Weethley. The parish lies midway between Redditch and Evesham.
- also known as Arrow, Warwickshire
- part of United Kingdom
- ARROW is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as ARROW fix, waypoint ARROW, ARROW waypoint, fix ARROW
- The Arrow was a passenger train operated by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad between Chicago, Illinois and Omaha, Nebraska. It operated from 1926 until 1967. The Arrow provided overnight service between the two cities and included through cars for other destinations in Iowa.
- ARROW is an Aviation waypoint.
There are other places with in their name, like Arrow Rock, Arrow Creek, Arrow Lakes, Arrow Point, Arrow River, Broken Arrow, Arrow River Walk, Arrow Lakes Provincial Park, Broken Arrow Senior High School.
- Arrow: An arrow is a shafted projectile that is shot with a bow. It predates recorded history and is common to most cultures. An arrow usually consists of a shaft with an arrowhead attached to the front end, with fletchings and a nock at the other.
- also known as ลูกศร
- Arrow: An arrow is a graphical symbol such as ← or →, used to point or indicate direction, being in its simplest form a line segment with a triangle affixed to one end, and in more complex forms a representation of an actual arrow. The direction indicated by an arrow is the one along the length of the line towards the end capped by a triangle. Arrows are also used, in some cultures, as a sign of danger, depending on the direction the arrow is pointing.
- also known as 箭头
- The Arrow or Hetz is a family of anti-ballistic missiles designed to fulfill an Israeli requirement for a theater missile defense system that would be more effective against ballistic missiles than the MIM-104 Patriot surface-to-air missile. Jointly funded and produced by Israel and the United States, development of the system began in 1986 and has continued since, drawing some contested criticism. Undertaken by Israel Aerospace Industries and Boeing, it is overseen by the Israeli Ministry of Defense's "Homa" administration and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency.
- also known as Arrow missile
- Arrow: In computer science, arrows are a type class used in programming to describe computations in a pure and declarative fashion. First proposed by computer scientist John Hughes as a generalization of monads, arrows provide a referentially transparent way of expressing relationships between logical steps in a computation. Unlike monads, arrows don't limit steps to having one and only one input. As a result, they have found use in functional reactive programming, point-free programming, and parsers among other applications.
- also known as Arrows in functional programming, Arrows
- Arrow a.k.a. Arrow - Season 2 is a tv season.
- read more about Arrow - Season 2
- Arrow: The Jersey Arrow is a type of electric multiple unit railcar developed for the Pennsylvania Railroad, and used through successive commuter operators in New Jersey, through to New Jersey Transit. Three models were built but only the third is in use today. The series is similar to SEPTA's Silverliner series, but include center doors among other differences in details.
- also known as Jersey Arrow
- ARROW is an aviation waypoint.
- The Arrow was a cyclecar marketed as a light car manufactured in M.C. Whitmore Co, Dayton, Ohio, in 1914. The Arrow had a four-cylinder,1 ½ liter water-cooled engine, and sold for $395.
- Arrow is a radio format that plays "classic hits" from the late 1970s through the early 1980s among other selections. The format was briefly popular in a number of markets.
Phrases with Arrow
Phrases starting with the word Arrow:
- Arrow Key
- arrow arum
- Arrow Goby
- arrow wood
- Arrow Worm
- arrow grass
- Arrow Loach
- Arrow Squid
- Arrow Worms
- Arrow Bamboo
- Arrow Blenny
- Arrow Darter
- Arrow Gobies
- Arrow Lucine
- Arrow Shrimp
Phrases ending with the word Arrow:
View more phrases with the word Arrow in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arrow
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donald E. Thrall, Ian D. Robertson
The solid white arrow is the ventral border of the right cranial lobe pulmonary vein. The hollow white arrow is a branch of the right cranial lobe pulmonary vein. The solid white arrowheads are outlining a circular structure superimposed on the ...
2001 AMS-IMS-SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference on Lusternik-Schnirelmann Category in the New Millennium, July 29-August 2, 2001, Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, Massachusetts by Octavian Cornea
The right arrow is an isomorphism because H2(M) is free abelian since M is orientable. The bottom arrow is an isomorphism by the argument above. Finally, the left arrow is a surjection by the Universal Coefficient Formula. Therefore, the top ...
Toric Topology (2008)
International Conference, May 29-June 3, 2006, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan by Megumi Harada
is Reedy cofibrant; the upper arrow is a quasi-isomorphism by Remark 4.4, because e is an equivalence.
is Reedy cofibrant in DGC and s”, preserves quasi-isomorphisms; the second arrow is an isomorphism because ...
by Stefaan Caenepeel, A Verschoren
the right vertical arrow is an isomorphism iff the left vertical arrow is an isomorphism. The latter means that the defining ideal KT is compatible with Q. • 6.3. Lemma. Let Q : A ...
The arrow is a prayer for luck in raising squash-plants to furnish tobaccogourds, symbolized by the gourd, and for luck in planting corn, symbolized by the hi'kuli figured on the back-shield. ' 3. A third (Fig. 91) is unusually small, its size bearing ...
By Carl Lumholtz by Carl Lumholtz
The arrow is a prayer for good luck in killing deer. 3. The next specimen (Fig. 98) was taken from the...
Groups, Rings, Modules (2014)
by Maurice Auslander, David Buchsbaum
__>H0mR1;(Ai§s with the vertical arrows isomorphisms by virtue of Proposition 6.3. Because A... is a free ng-module and Ba —> B% is an epimorphism, the bottom horizontal arrow is an epimorphism. Hence, the top ...
The Irrational Economist (2010)
Making Decisions in a Dangerous World by Erwann Michel-Kerjan, Paul Slovic
Arrow, Stanford University Kenneth Arrow is the Joan Kenney Professor of Operations Research (Emeritus) at Stanford University.
Professor Arrow is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine.
Nikon D7100 For Dummies (2013)
by Julie Adair King
A right-pointing arrow means that focus is set in front of the object under the focus point; a left-pointing arrow means that focus is set behind the object. Typically, you see one or both of the triangles while the camera is hunting for the correct ...
by Anthony D. Elmendorf, I. Kriz, M. A. Mandell, J. P. May
The top horizontal arrow is a homotopy equivalence ...
An Encyclopedia by David A. Dieterle Ph.D., Kathleen M. Simmons
Arrow, Kenneth J., and Frank H. Hahn. 1971. General Competitive Analysis. Amsterdam, NL: North Holland. Arrow, Kenneth J. 1974. The Limits of Organization. New York: Norton.
The Bedside Dream Dictionary (2007)
by Silvana Amar
The interpretation of this dream symbol may vary depending on whether the arrow was a tool or a weapon,or a signpointing direction. Dreaming about an actual arrow may have a range of meaning that includes swiftness, powerful and speedy ...
Bowhunter's Encyclopedia (1992)
by Dwight R. Schuh
for near-perfect arrow flight. However, you must cock this rest before each shot, and a sharp knock on the bow could release the rest before you're ready to shoot. This rest has good potential for precision shooting. Just be aware of the potential ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arrow
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arrow
Click on an item to view that photo:
Swiss Tech Convention Center.
Photo credit: Julien.Belli
Photo credit: psd
Yaphank Woods Blvd. under construction.
Photo credit: Eric.Ray
Photo credit: XoMEoX
Toyosu, Tokyo Japan
Photo credit: OiMax
Photo credit: William Allen, Image Historian
Photo credit: burgerking1975
Photo credit: TMAB2003
Photo credit: avrene
Photo credit: Steve Snodgrass
Arrow and Helena
Photo credit: pcengineer48
- Arrow Signs
Photo credit: Richard Elzey
- JAI ARROW
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- Stair Arrow
Photo credit: brownpau
- Right Arrow
Photo credit: *pascal*
- Arrow Neon
Photo credit: Tadson
- Arrow Canyon
Photo credit: cm195902
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Arrow
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explosive arrow RIP explanation 9k life instant rip !! Path of exile POE
And there it is.
- Arrow Meaning
Video shows what arrow means. A projectile consisting of a shaft, a point and a tail with stabilizing fins that is shot from a bow.. A sign or symbol used to indicate ...
- Arrow Method Explanation
- Lego Arrow - Court of Owls Explanation
- Lego Arrow - Court of Owls Explanation
- Max's explanation of the "Rounding Arrow Way" for addition
This video screencast was created with Doceri on an iPad. Doceri is free in the iTunes app store. Learn...
- Arrow of time Meaning
Video shows what arrow of time means. A term used to distinguish a direction of time within a four-dimensional relativistic view of the cosmos.. The subjective ...
- Verb's Nissan Arrow Spinners
Verb's Branded Arrow Spinners. Used for amplified brand awareness, branded directional signage and visually creative juggling talent -...
- As Straight As An Arrow - Similes - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Add and Subtract with Arrow Language
- Avro Arrow Test Flight Crash - Graphic Language Viewer Discretion is Advised
KMP Avro Arrow Test Flight and Crash.
- Arrow Language For Parents
- Arrow language
- :SpeedPaint: Blue Arrow (DESCRIPTION D: )
- Podcast #2: Ninja Turtles Trailer Description | CGI Clone Wars | Flash/Arrow Series & More
See also the pronunciation examples of Arrow!
Quotes about Arrow
Shoot an arrow in the air
and where it falls, you know not where.
But shoot that arrow through the heart
and when it strikes love may start,
or twist and turn and soon depart. (Edwina Reizer)
more quotes about arrow...
Scrabble value of A1R1R1O1W4
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arrow to see it in context!