On this page:
- Definition of the noun arroyo
- Phrases with Arroyo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arroyo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arroyo
- Photos about Arroyo
- Videos about Arroyo
- Quotes about Arroyo
- Scrabble value of A1R1R1O1Y4O1
- Anagrams of ARROYO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun arroyo
What does arroyo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: arroyos
- a stream or brook
Alternative definition of the noun arroyo
- A water course; a rivulet.
- Arroyo is a municipality located along the southern coast of Puerto Rico and bordered by the Caribbean Sea, east of the municipality of Guayama and northwest of the municipality of Patillas. Arroyo is spread over 5 wards and Arroyo Pueblo. It is part of the Guayama Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Arroyo is a Building.
- Arroyo a.k.a. Arroyo, Pennsylvania: Arroyo was a lumber town in western Pennsylvania in the United States, founded by Thomas Irwin and located in the township of Spring Creek, on the Clarion River, and 10 miles from Ridgway. The Arroyo Bridge Company was incorporated in April, 1883, with F. Shaffner, E. M. Rogers, C. H. Smith, James B. Wickes and Charles Millen, directors. The object was to bridge the Clarion at Arroyo.
- read more about Arroyo, Pennsylvania
There are other places with in their name, like Arroyo Alto, Arroyo Hondo, Arroyo Grande, Arroyo Salado, Arroyo Manzano, Arroyo Naranjo, Arroyo de la Luz, Arroyo del Ojanco, Nuevo Arroyo Hondo, pelayos del arroyo, Viejo Arroyo Hondo, Colmenar del Arroyo, Población de Arroyo, arandilla del arroyo, arroyo de san serván, Canalejas del Arroyo, San Pedro del Arroyo, Altos de Arroyo Hondo, arroyo de las fraguas and san miguel del arroyo.
Who is Arroyo?
Arroyo a.k.a. Álvaro Arroyo Martínez is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Getafe CF as a right back.
- read more about Álvaro Arroyo
Arroyo is a musical group.
- album: "Individuum & Massen"
Arroyo is a fictional character from the 1971 film Bananas.
- "Arroyo" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "arroyo" is a musical album of Chico Hamilton And Euphoria.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "Arroyo" is a musical EP of Ilyas Ahmed.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Arroyo" is a musical album of Displacer.
- released on (10 years ago)
- Arroyo: An arroyo, also called a wash, is a dry creek or stream bed—gulch that temporarily or seasonally fills and flows after sufficient rain. In Latin America any small river might be called an arroyo, even if it flows continually all year and is never dry; because of this is prefered the terms of arab origin rambla or wadi.
- Arroyo is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Arroyo
- Arroyo is a family name.
Phrases with Arroyo
Phrases starting with the word Arroyo:
- Arroyo Chub
- Arroyo Toad
- Arroyo Bluet
- Arroyo Darner
- arroyo willow
- Arroyo Fameflower
- Arroyo Seco Bush-Mallow
- Arroyo De La Cruz Manzanita
- Arroyo De La Cruz Mariposa Lily
Phrases ending with the word Arroyo:
Other phrase containing the word Arroyo:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arroyo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
_ The Tijeras Arroyo is a major drainageway in the Metropolitian Albuquerque area. It extends from Tijeras Canyon, which divides the Sandia Mountains and ...
by David M. Bush
Arroyo is a clean town with beaches of dark sand, but the community is at low elevation...
by Stephen Keeling
Arroyo Once a thriving port, bolstered by large wads of sugar-cane money, ARROYO is a ghost of its former self, a “Little...
Citizen of the World by Alfonso Scirocco
On 6 December 1842 Oribe's troops came face-to-face with those of Rivera at Arroyo Grande (arroyo means fast-flowing stream, and therefore this topographical description is to be found in many South American place-names). The forces ...
Let the Water Do the Work (2014)
Induced Meandering, an Evolving Method for Restoring by Bill Zeedyk, Van Clothier
An arroyo is a water-carved channel or gully in arid country, usually with steep banks, dry most of the time due to infrequent rainfall, unless the gully penetrates ...
by Michael David Sollars, Arbolina Llamas Jennings
Fuentes's novel contrasts the experience of the gringo—not named as Bierceuntilthe closing chapters—against that of a revolutionary soldier (Tomás Arroyo) and an American schoolteacher (Harriet Winslow). The plot unfolds through flashes ...
by Artemio R. Guillermo
President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo competes against three opponents in the presidential race. 30 May: Gloria Macapagal Arroyo and Noli De Castro declared winners in the presidential and vice-presidential elections. 30 June: President ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1911)
(via Arroyo) Camuy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via Arecibo) Penuelas . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via Ponce) Carolina . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via San Juan) Pepino . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via Aguadilla) Cayey . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via San Juan) Piedras . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (via ...
Encyclopedia of Prehistory (2001)
Volume 6: North America by Peter N. Peregrine, Melvin Ember, Human Relations Area Files, inc
The Arroyo Hondo drainage begins in the mountains to the east, carrying seasonal runoff from the uplands into the Rio Grande trough. Alluvial soils cover the ridge tops and gently sloping hills in the area supporting the extensive pinyon and ...
Encyclopedia of Deserts (2017)
by Michael A. Mares
ARTEMISIA ARROYO Ephemeral or intermittent stream channel found in semiarid and arid regions. The term was first used in the southwestern United States and is of Spanish origin. It is typically associated with dry stream channels in New ...
by Joseph Liow, Michael Leifer
Jaime Sin, called for Estrada's resignation, while members of Congress left the ruling party, and several Cabinet ministers, including Vice-President Macapagal- Arroyo, resigned as Estrada's impeachment trial began. On 17 January 2001, ...
A Reference Library of Universal Knowledge, Embracing Five Hundred Illustrations and Over Sixty-five Thousand Subjects, All Brought Down to the Date of Publication, with Ninety-six Colored Maps
J5 Arroyo, Pa. ........... C2 Arroyo, P. R. ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arroyo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arroyo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Curso de agua llegando al Canigo
Photo credit: E.R.R
Photo credit: Salvador Drusin
THE POWER OF EROSION. PETRIFIED FOREST
Photo credit: TLPOSCHARSKY
Photo credit: wow_wa_cow
Photo credit: teofilo
- Arroyo Cerca de Bavio
Photo credit: alefot
- Arroyo en Villa General Belgrano
Photo credit: GabrielShiroma
- Tandem Marcelo Arroyo
Photo credit: SkydiveAndes
- Arroyo Pedroches
Photo credit: Javi S&M
- Arroyo en Villa General Belgrano
Photo credit: GabrielShiroma
Videos about Arroyo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Arroyo Interact -The Meaning of Christmas Musical
WTF this be taking hella long to upload!!! Technical difficulties: - quality changes to iPhone LOL - some skips were due to battery dying.
- Arroyo Meaning
Video shows what arroyo means. A dry creek or stream bed, a gulch which temporarily or seasonally fills and flows (after sufficient rain).. Any water course; any ...
- The Third Meaning (in response to Sarah Arroyo)
Project for Clemson's RCID 8050 in response to "Participatory Composition" focusing on Japanese kanji and their meaning that cannot be expressed with ...
- The true meaning of Christmas - Pastor Lupe Arroyo
- ESL Madrid Spain Day 1 El Arroyo 86 vs El Naranjo 72
- ESL Madrid Spain Day 5 La avanzada 87 vs El arroyo 70
- ESL Madrid Spain Day 2 Loranca 88 vs El Arroyo 85
See also the pronunciation examples of Arroyo!
Quotes about Arroyo
Scrabble value of A1R1R1O1Y4O1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARROYO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Arroyo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arroyo to see it in context!