Asa is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun ASA
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Asa
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Asa
- Photos about Asa
- Videos about Asa
- Sign language
- Quotes about Asa
- Scrabble value of A1S1A1
- Anagrams of ASA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ASA
What does ASA mean as a name of something?
Asa is a genus of Veneridae, described by Bastérot in 1825.
- synonym: genus Asa
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Bivalvia
- order: Veneroida
- family: Veneridae
- genus: Dosinia
Asa is a genus of Mollusca, described by Leach in 1847.
Asa is a subgenus of Veneridae, described by Bastérot in 1825.
- Asa: Aṣa is a Nigerian French singer-songwriter, and recording artist. Her stage name "Aṣa" means "Hawk" in Yoruba.
- also known as Așa, Bukola Elemide, Aṣa
- born in (33 years ago) in Paris
- nationality: Nigeria
- education: Federal Government College Enugu
- genres: Jazz, Soul music, Indie pop, Pop music
- albums: "Aṣa", "Live Session EP", "Beautiful Imperfection", "Withdrawal EP", "Elle", "Your Secret EP", "Sanctuary", "Arcane", "Bed of Stone", "Heartbeats", "Sweeter Things EP"
- official website: asa-official.com
- Asa was, according to the Hebrew Bible, the third king of the Kingdom of Judah and the fifth king of the House of David. He was the son of Abijam, grandson of Rehoboam, and great-grandson of Solomon. The Hebrew Bible gives the period of his reign as 41 years. His reign is dated between 913-910 BC to 873-869 BC. He was succeeded by Jehoshaphat, his son. According to Thiele's chronology, when Asa became very ill, he made Jehoshaphat coregent. Asa died two years into the coregency.
- Asa is a member of Wagakki Band.
- member of musical group Wagakki Band (Bass)
- Asa a.k.a. Asbjørn Krogtoft is a musical artist, musician, lyricist, composer.
- read more about Asbjørn Krogtoft
AsA a.k.a. ÅsA is a musical group.
- read more about ÅsA
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character from the 2004 film The Ketchup Effect.
- Asa is a fictional character from the movie Project A-ko.
- Asa a.k.a. Aša is a fictional character in the 1964 film Black Peter.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Swimsuit Issue.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character from the 2006 film Offside.
- Asa is a fictional character from Elvis XXX: A Porn Parody.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character from the 2001 drama film Making Babies.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character from the 2004 film Hawaii, Oslo.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character from the 2013 film Losers.
- Asa is a fictional character from the 1957 film The Lower Depths.
- Asa is a fictional character from the 1992 film The Babe.
- Asa is a fictional character from the 1954 film Charge of the Lancers.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional character in the 2013 film Ragnarok.
- Asa is a fictional character from the 2012 film Lowlife.
- Asa is a fictional character from the 2014 film The Humbling.
- Asa is a fictional film character.
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa is a fictional film character.
- "Asa" is the sixth studio album by the German Viking metal band Falkenbach. It was released in 2013 on Prophecy Productions.
- "Asa" a.k.a. "Aṣa" is a musical album of Asa.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Asa" a.k.a. "Åsa" is a musical album of Voluspaa.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Asa" is a composition.
- music by Djavan
- Asa a.k.a. American Samoa is an unincorporated territory of the United States located in the South Pacific Ocean, southeast of Samoa.
- also known as Sāmoa Amelika, Amelika Sāmoa, Amerika Sāmoa, AS, Eastern Samoa
- founded in (117 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- capital: Pago Pago
- instance of: district / dominion / territorial dominion / territory = a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- part: Pango Pango / Pago Pago = a port in American Samoa
- read more about American Samoa (country)
- Asa a.k.a. Assab International Airport is an international airport in Assab, the capital of the Southern Red Sea region of Eritrea. It serves as a dual public and military facility.
- also known as Assab Airport
- part of Ethiopia
- Asa a.k.a. Asa, Kentucky: Asa is an unincorporated community in Johnson County, Kentucky, United States. It is located at an elevation of 772 feet. Asa is located in the 41222 ZIP Code Tabulation Area. Weekly happenings in Asa are chronicled in Elaine Brown's Asa Creek News column in The Paintsville Herald.
- read more about Asa, Kentucky
- Asa a.k.a. Åsa, Ringerike: Åsa is a village in Ringerike municipality, Norway.
- read more about Åsa, Ringerike
- ASA Autocostruzioni Società per Azioni"ASA" was an Italian automobile manufacturer, the main product of which was the ASA 1000 GT. The car was developed by Giotto Bizzarrini from a Ferrari design, and manufactured by the company in Milan from 1964 to 1969. The 1000 GT model was presented in 1962, but production started two years later. Bodywork was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro at Bertone.
- Asa: Raga Asa is an Indian musical raga that appears in the Sikh tradition from northern India and is part of the Sikh holy scripture the Guru Granth Sahib. Every raga has a strict set of rules which govern the number of notes that can be used; which notes can be used; and their interplay that has to be adhered to for the composition of a tune. In the Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh holy Granth there are a total composition of 31 ragas and this raga is the fourth raga to appear in the series. The composition in this raga appear on 142 pages from page numbers 347 to 489.
- also known as Raga Asa
- Asa a.k.a. Asu Language: Pare, also known as Asu, is a Northeast Coast Bantu spoken by the Pare people of Tanzania.
- also known as Pare, Casu, Chiasu, Athu, Chasu, Pare language
- ASA a.k.a. The Autism Society of America was founded in 1965 by Bernard Rimland, PhD, together with Ruth C. Sullivan and a small group of other parents of children with autism. Its original name was the National Society for Autistic Children; the name was changed to emphasize that children with autism grow up. It is the oldest and one of the largest grassroots organization in the autism community with over 50,000 members and supporters connected through a network of nearly 200 chapters in the United States. The ASA's goal is to increase public awareness about autism and the day-to-day issues faced by people with autism as well as their families and the professionals with whom they interact. The organization advocates for programs and services for the autism community, and is a leading source of information, research, and reference on the condition.
- read more about Autism Society of America
- Asa a.k.a. The Asa language, commonly rendered Aasax, was spoken by the Asa people of Tanzania. The language is extinct; ethnic Assa in northern Tanzania remember only a few words they overheard their elders use, and none have ever used it themselves. Little is known of the language; what is recorded was probably Aasa lexical words used in a register of Maasai, rather like the mixed language Mbugu.
- also known as Aasax, Aasáx Language, Asax, Asak, Aasá, Asá, Il Konono, Assa, Lamanik, Aasáx
- ASA a.k.a. The Association for Social Advancement is a non-governmental organization based in Bangladesh which provides microcredit financing.
- read more about Association for Social Advancement
- Asa is a canonical version, musical recording.
- Asa is a given name in several parts of the world.
- Asa is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Asa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Laurence W. McKeen
ASA is a terpolymer that can be produced by either a reaction process of all three monomers or a graft process. ASA is usually made CH CH2 Figure 4.1 Chemical structure of styrene. Figure 4.2 Chemical structure of polystyrene. Figure 4.3 ...
by Laurence W. McKeen
ASA is the acronym for acrylate rubber modified styrene-acrylonitrile copolymer. ASA is a terpolymer that can be produced either by a reaction process of all three monomers or by a graft process. ASA is Figure 2.2. Chemical structure of ...
by Laurence W. McKeen
Acrylonitrile styrene acrylate (ASA) is the acronym for acrylate rubber-modified SAN copolymer. ASA is a terpolymer that can be produced by either a reaction process or by a graft process. ASA is usually made by introducing a grafted acrylic ...
by Arthur Asa Berger
Arthur Asa Berger. must be learned; the meanings of symbols are conventional; we do not naturally know the meaning of symbols. Symbols are often connected to religious experiences and historical events and come to have a profound ...
by Gilbert Reyes, Jon D. Elhai, Julian D. Ford
Most of the research that addresses the consequences of trauma on sexuality has focused on the impact of sexual trauma—specifically, adult sexual assault ( ASA) and childhood sexual abuse (CSA). ASA and CSA can include a variety of ...
The British Encyclopedia (1818)
Or, Dictionary of Arts and Sciences. Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge by William Nicholson
Ferula Asafoetida. E. Asa foetida. L. D. Persia. Gum-resin. Pil. mist.gr. 10—15. dos. rep. Lac Asa: foetidae.
Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice, at Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts (1899)
by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft
And the said Asa T. Barron further saith that by, the statute law of the State of Vermont, it is provided as follows, viz. : (Here set out the statutes in question). And the said Asa T. Barron further says that, at a hearing before the said commissioners ...
At Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts
And the said Asa T. Barron further saith that by, the statute law of the State of Vermont, it is provided as follows, viz.: (Here set out the statutes in question). And the said Asa T. Barron further says that, at a hearing before the said commissioners, ...
The Encyclopedia of Surfing (2005)
by Matt Warshaw
Australian Surfriders Association (ASA) National government-supported administrative body for competitive surfing in Australia from 1963 to 1993; originally formed by Sydney surfers to protect local beach access rights. Australian surfers in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Asa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Asa
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: K.Muncie
Photo credit: pocketwiley
Photo credit: wittco.gmbh
Photo credit: mkorcuska
Photo credit: Steve Snodgrass
- Swing into the Swamp - ASA Fundraiser
Photo credit: hyku
- FAITOTOA ASA
Faitotoa Asa of the Western Suburbs Magpies RLFC
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- Swing into the Swamp - ASA Fundraiser
Photo credit: hyku
- Asa and LInden
Photo credit: the paessels
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Asa
Click on an item to play that video:
- ASA Meaning
Video shows what ASA means. Acoustical Society of America. American Standards Association, which has changed its name to American National Standards ...
- Definition Of Bliss - Asa Leveaux
- Asa Meaning
Video shows what Asa means. A king of Judah mentioned in the Book of Kings.. first used by Puritans.. Asa Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Asa name meaning
- Lab#5 Prelab ASA Hints & Explanation
- Obj9a Asa & Aas Definition 18
View more videos about ASA character.
See also the pronunciation examples of Asa!
Sri Lankan Sign Language, conversation ASA - Block 3 -
Monday, March 17th 2014.
Quotes about Asa
Scrabble value of A1S1A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ASA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Asa!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Asa to see it in context!