On this page:
- Definition of the verb ascend
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ascend
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ascend
- Usage statistics about ascend
- Photos about Ascend
- Video language resources about Ascend
- Quotes about Ascend
- Scrabble value of A1S1C3E1N1D2
- Anagrams of ASCEND
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb ascend
What does ascend mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: ascended | ascending | ascends
- travel up
- examples: We ascended the mountain | The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope | The airplane is sure to ascend
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] The prisoners advanced
- lexical domain: Motions - verbs of walking, flying, swimming
- synonym of ascend: go up
- antonym of ascend: descend
- more generic words: go / locomote / move / travel = change location
- more specific terms:
- go back in order of genealogical succession
- become king or queen
- appear to be moving upward, as by means of tendrils
- go along towards (a river's) source
- slope upwards
- come up, of celestial bodies
- move to a better position in life or to a better job
Alternative definition of the verb ascend
- [intransitive] To move upward, to fly, to soar.
- antonym: descend
- [intransitive] To slope in an upward direction.
- [transitive] To go up.
- [transitive] To succeed.
Who is Ascend?
Ascend a.k.a. Asend is a disc jockey.
- read more about Asend
Ascend is an American experimental doom metal collaboration between singer/guitarist Gentry Densley and Greg Anderson. Their album Ample Fire Within was released by Southern Lord Records and featured a guest appearance by Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayil. Critic Neg Ragget described the album as "a Southern Lord label lovefeast par excellence [...] a masterpiece of carefully focused sludge.
"Ascend" is a book written by Amanda Hocking.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Ascend" is the sixth studio album by guitarist Greg Howe, released on May 4, 1999 through Shrapnel Records. According to Howe, this is his least favourite album due in part to creative differences which arose with keyboardist Vitalij Kuprij during the making of the latter's 1997 album High Definition. The fifth track, "La Villa Strangiato", is a cover of an instrumental by progressive rock band Rush, from their 1978 album Hemispheres.
- "Ascend" is a musical single of Nitzer Ebb.
- also known as Ascend2, Ascend1
- released on (23 years ago)
- "Ascend" is a musical album of Manual.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Ascend" is a musical album of Goodthink.
- released on
- "Ascend" is a musical EP of Scornage.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Ascend" is a musical album of Dasein.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Ascend" is a musical EP of Veer Chasm.
- "Ascend" is a musical album of Dub Gabriel.
- ASCEND is a free, open source, mathematical modelling system developed at Carnegie Mellon University since late 1978. ASCEND is an acronym which stands for Advanced System for Computations in ENgineering Design. Its main uses have been in the field of chemical process modelling although its capabilities are general. It was a pioneering piece of software in the chemical process modelling field, with its novel modelling language conventions and powerful solver, although it has never been commercialised and remains as an open source software project.
- official website: ascend.cheme.cmu.edu
- Ascend is an educational institution, school.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ascend
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Modern Egypt and Thebes (1843)
Being a Description of Egypt, Including the Information Required for Travellers in that Country by Sir John Gardner Wilkinson
The easiest side to ascend is the east. On the summit is a space about 32 feet square, the stones having been thrown down, at the time that the casing and the outer tiers were removed by the caliphs, to serve for the construction of mosks and ...
6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes by Ian Smith
Ascend is an important turnaround week. Imagine that for the last three weeks you have been descending into ...
by Robert E. Pettit, PhD
To ascend means to increase your internal vibration to a higher plane of ...
Achieving Ascension (2017)
by Sonia Diane Bradford in conjunction with Veronica J. Cate by Sonia Diane Bradford
The wanting to Ascend is the ordinary, natural wish of every Being. It is what we came here for. To Ascend the cell/sliver/part that we came here with, IS the usual desiring, and beloved of ALL. There exists a theme, a strand of knowledge ...
by Debra J. Housel
To ascend means to go up, so putting things in ascending order means to list them from least to greatest. The numbers 1, 7, 12, 14, and 37 are listed in ascending order. To descend means to go down, so putting things in descending order ...
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
Animals ascend in a balloon. Pilatre de Kuzicr. Otker. SERIAL. XEROGRAPHY. iERIAL Acid, in Chemistry, carbonic acid. See Chemistry, Div. ii. jEiual Perspective, that branch of the science of Perspective which regards the relative diminution ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ascend
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about ascend
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb ascend:
Comparison of usage frequency between the verb ascend and its most common antonym:
Photos about Ascend
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ascend
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ascend Meaning
Video shows what ascend means. To move upward, to fly, to soar.. To slope in an upward direction.. To go up.. Ascend Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Vocabulary Word #6 --- "ascend"
"Ascend" - a verb meaning "to rise or to go upwards." In this video, you will see and hear this word used in several example sentences. Facebook ...
- Huawei Ascend Mate7 Philippines Launch, Features Demo and Explanation
Mr. Al Dimapilis, Marketing Manager of Huawei Device Philippines, explains the key features of Huawei Ascend Mate7 during the phablet's launch at The Palace ...
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from a Superhero/villain - Ascend, Reemerge, Savvy
- Explanation of New Grad Tuition Awards (Mark McClellan, Ascend - February 2012)
- How to change language on Huawei ascend P7 - TekniStore.com
- Liberation Frequency #8: The Origins of Evolve and Ascend + Sun Language
Jennifer Sodini and Billy O'Brien discuss how they met, and what lead them on their journey to create Evolve and Ascend. They elaborate on the synchronicities ...
- How To Change Language - Huawei Ascend G300
A video how to, tutorial, guide on changing the system/menu language on the Huawei Ascend G300. For other very useful how to guides & tutorials visit: ...
- How To Change Keyboard Language - Huawei Ascend G300
A video how to, tutorial, guide on changing the keyboard language on the Huawei Ascend G300. For other very useful how to guides & tutorials visit: Website: ...
- Ascend English Language School
- How To Add Words To Dictionary - Huawei Ascend G300
A video how to, tutorial, guide on adding words to the dictionary on the Huawei Ascend G300.. For other very useful how to guides & tutorials visit: Website: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ascend!
Quotes about Ascend
It is easier to descend than ascend.
more quotes about ascend...
Scrabble value of A1S1C3E1N1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine