On this page:
- Ase a.k.a. Åse is a village in Andøy municipality, Nordland county, Norway. It is located along the Norwegian County Road 82 on the southeastern coast of the island of Andøya, along the Andfjorden. The village of Å lies about 5 kilometres to the north, and the villages of Bjørnskinn and Risøyhamn lie about 8 kilometres to the southwest. The 0.41-square-kilometre village has a population of 279, giving the village a population density of 680 inhabitants per square kilometre.
- also known as Ase, Nordland; Åse, Nordland
- part of Norway
- Ase a.k.a. Aspen–Pitkin County Airport, also known as Sardy Field, is a county-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Aspen, in Pitkin County, Colorado, United States.
- Ase is a town on the shores of the Ase Creek, off River Niger in Ndokwa East Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria. The Ase Creek derives its name from Ase town. Ase shares common boundaries with Ibedeni, Aviara, Uzere, Patani and Trofani. In the colonial era, Ase served as the commercial and administrative Headquarters for the colonial administrators. Relics of colonial presence still dot the landscape. John Holt and UAC are some of the companies that had trade offices in Ase. The town is made up of descendants from Ndokwa speakers who have intermarried with the Isokos and Ijaws over the years. The Ase dialect of the Ndokwa language is spoken by the Ase people. The Ase people are of the same ancestral origin with Asazaga, Asemonite, and Aseomuku.
Ase a.k.a. Åse is a fictional character from Hard asfalt.
"Ase" a.k.a. "The Weapon" is a 1956 British thriller film directed by Val Guest. It was made by Republic Pictures. Its themes were originally explored in the 1951 British film, The Yellow Balloon.
- read more about The Weapon
- Ase a.k.a. American Sign Language is the predominant sign language of deaf communities in the United States and English-speaking parts of Canada. Besides North America, dialects of ASL and ASL-based creoles are used in many countries around the world, including much of West Africa and parts of Southeast Asia. ASL is also widely learned as a second language, serving as a lingua franca. ASL is most closely related to French Sign Language. It has been proposed that ASL is a creole language, although ASL shows features atypical of creole languages, such as agglutinative morphology.
- also known as ASL, Ameslan, The Language Of The Deaf
- Ase is a Yoruba concept that signifies the power to make things happen and change. It is given by Olodumare to everything - gods, ancestors, spirits, humans, animals, plants, rocks, rivers, and voiced words such as songs, prayers, praises, curses, or even everyday conversation. Existence, according to Yoruba thought, is dependent upon it.
- Ase a.k.a. -ase: The suffix -ase is used in biochemistry to form names of enzymes. The most common way to name enzymes is to add this suffix onto the end of the substrate, e.g. an enzyme that breaks down peroxides may be called peroxidase; the enzyme that produces telomeres is called telomerase. Sometimes enzymes are named for the function they perform, rather than substrate, e.g. the enzyme that polymerizes DNA into strands is called polymerase; see also reverse transcriptase.
- ASE is a recurring event, conference series.
- Ase is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ase
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Syntactic derivation and interpretation. In honor of Joseph E. Emonds by Simin Karimi, Vida Samiian, Wendy K. Wilkins
ase is a causative verb that gives rise to the so-called 'periphrastic' or 'syntactic';
by Peggy C. Leonard
Lact+ase is an enzyme that acts on a sugar called lactose that is present in milk. Enzymes are usually named by adding -ase to the combining form of the substance on which they act. Translated literally, lact+ose means milk sugar.
An Introduction to Steve Fuller's Social Epistemology by Francis Remedios
Kitcher's ASE is a reli- abilist social theory of epistemic justification that has truth as its goal, and hence, it avoids problems driven by the legitimation project. This chapter provides the background of naturalistic epistemology and how Fuller's ...
Indigenous Black Theology (2012)
Toward an African-Centered Theology of the African American Religious Experience by J. Clark
Ase is a Yoruba term that refers to thelife force that exists in allcreation. The congregation then repeated “Ase.” Thisactofwatering the plantwasrepeated eachtime a new name wascalled. Finally, after several names wereinvoked and the water ...
Successfully Industrialize SAP® Projects Offshore by Anja Hendel, Wolfgang Messner, Frank Thun
The ASE is a work area designed to stimulate creativity that is combined with a unique methodology to provide a highly collaborative working environment to generate rapid results. The team designed three ASE sessions to expedite the ...
The ASE is a private not-for-profit company responsiblefor running the market. The Securities Depository Centre (SDC) oversees settlements and maintenance of ownership records. A government institution, the Jordan Securities Commission ...
by Noah Webster, William Chauncey Fowler
€Ase-A-BEL, n. The knob or pommelion of a ean-on€As CADE'. m. [Fr. cascade; sp. cascada; It. cascita.) A waterfall, a jetCAS-CA-RIL"-LA, n. The bark of the Croton Cascarilla, a tonic. €ASE, n. A covering, sheath, box; state; variation of a word.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ase
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ase
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Ase
Click on an item to play that video:
- ASE Meaning
Video shows what ASE means. Automotive Service Excellence. Association for Science Education. Alliance to Save Energy. ASE Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- ONE WORD - Ase Go Gila Lord (Choiseoul Dialect)
One Word from the Solomon Islands.
- Basin Definition (Basic) Using ASE Civil 2012
Step-by-step procedures to define a retention basin in a subdivision open area. The top bank of the basin is drawn from plan-view as an AutoCAD 3DPOLYLINE ...
- Alignments: Redefine ASE definition
If geometric modifications need to be made to an alignment that has already been defined, the alignment must be deleted (undefined), the geometry ...
- ASE Civil's Automatic Alignment Definition (Demonstration)
- Ase go gila Lord (Choiseul Language)
DVD available now at...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ase!
Scrabble value of A1S1E1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ASE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ase!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ase to see it in context!