On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun asean
What does asean mean as a name of something?
- an association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia and who joined with the United States to fight against global terrorism
- examples: People in such countries, especially the ASEAN countries, believe that the secret of Japan's remarkable economic growth is education. | The ASEAN nations have come a long way. | The letters ASEAN stand for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. | Future prospects for ASEAN seem unstable, no matter how you look at it.
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of ASEAN: Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- more generic word: association = a formal organization of people or groups of people
- Union of Burma / Myanmar / Burma = a mountainous republic in southeastern Asia on the Bay of Bengal
- Kingdom of Cambodia / Kampuchea / Cambodia = a nation in southeastern Asia
- Negara Brunei Darussalam / Brunei = a sultanate in northwestern Borneo
- Republic of Indonesia / Dutch East Indies / Indonesia = a republic in southeastern Asia on an archipelago including more than 13,000 islands; achieved independence from the Netherlands in 1945
- Lao People's Democratic Republic / Laos = a mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia
- Federation of Malaysia / Malaysia = a constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula
- Republic of the Philippines / Philippines = a republic on the Philippine Islands
- Republic of Singapore / Singapore = a country in southeastern Asia on the island of Singapore
- Kingdom of Thailand / Thailand / Siam = a country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the Isthmus of Kra to the Malay Peninsula
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam / Viet Nam / Vietnam / Annam = a state in Indochina on the East Sea
The ASEAN cable system was a submarine telecommunications cable system linking Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines. It was completed in September 1983, but has since been decommissioned.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ASEAN
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bridging Transboundary River Basins by Andrea Haefner
While ASEAN is an umbrella for the subregion, environmental matters and guidelines do not influence the subregion strongly – as it...
The Struggle for Autonomy by Donald E. Weatherbee
ASEAN is the creature of the elite leaderships of its member states acting together on issues in functional areas where national interests converge and cooperation can further the pursuit of national interest under a veil of regional interest.
by Henrik Fürst
ASEAN is the most appreciable follower. (Cameron, 2010).
The Fukuda Doctrine and Beyond by Peng Er Lam
Arguably, ASEAN is the most successful regional organization second only to the EU and is the hub of East Asian ...
by Paul Davidson, Franca Ciambella
CHAPTER X ASEAN ASEAN ASEAN is the Association of South East Asian Nations and comprises Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. It has a land mass of approximately 1.3 million ...
Changes in the Economic Environment and Opportunities by Loong-Hoe Tan
imports from ASEAN is the major allocated source of the very large change (the largest) in ASEAN petroleum exports to the United States, this story is partially confirmed. However ...
Facets of Competitiveness (2011)
Narratives from ASEAN by Ashish Lall
ASEAN is a dynamic region and perhaps one of the most diverse in the world, in terms of the standard of living, politics, history, geography and culture. This diversity helps illustrate the various dimensions of competitiveness and holds ...
by Andrew D. Mitchell, Tania Voon
II ASEAN AS AN ECONOMIC COMMUNITY ASEAN is a vast. 142 9. Tobacco control in ASEAN.
ASEAN-U.S. Initiative (1989)
Assessment and Recommendations for Improved Economic Relations by Seiji Naya, Kernial S Sandhu, Michael Plummer, Narongchai Akrasanee
ASEAN is a large exporter of petroleum, rubber, sugar, and tin, while the United States is a net importer of these goods. The trade patterns for manufactures reflect the factor and technology endowments of the respective countries. The ASEAN ...
ASEAN and the Problem of Regional Order by Amitav Acharya
Second, an expanded ASEAN means new political, economic and strategic challenges for the grouping. As discussed in Chapter 1, the theory of security communities holds that an increase in the scope and intensity of interactions may ...
Restless Empire (2012)
China and the World Since 1750 by Odd Arne Westad
ASEAN is the great experiment in regional cooperation for our times. Although it probably will never be supernational, like the EU, it is setting up a framework for cooperation among postcolonial states that is unique both in format and depth.
by David E. O connor
ASEAN maintains a permanent headquarters in Jakarta, Indonesia, and diplomatic missions in fifteen capital cities around the ...
by Derek McDougall
THE ASEAN DECLARATION (BANGKOKDECLARATION), 8 AUGUST 1967 The Presidium Minister for Political Affairs/Minister for Foreign Affairs of Indonesia, the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the ...
by Alan J. K. Sanders
Armed Forces General Staff/Zevseg khüchny yörönkhii shtab Ardyn ikh khural/ People's Great Khural Ardchilsan kholboo/Democratic Alliance Ardchilsan nam/ Democratic Party ASEAN Regional Forum Association of Southeast Asian Nations ...
by Ooi Keat Gin
APRU Asia–Pacific Research Unit ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations ASEM ASEAN–European Meeting ASLI Asian Strategy and ...
by Dr. Christopher Pass
ASEAN see ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS . Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) a regional alliance formed in 1990 with the general objectiveof establishinga ...
An Anglo-Saxon Dictionary (1882)
Based on the Manuscript Collections of the Late Joseph Bosworth ... by Joseph Bosworth
Asean mynster Axminster, Chr. 755 ; Th. 86, 13, col. 1. v. Acsan mynster, Axan mynster. ASCE, aesce [g. oescean], acse, ahse, ...
by Peter Dauvergne
ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations ASEM Asia-Europe Meeting AZAP Arid Zone Afforestation Project (Nigeria) BAPA Bangladesh Poribesh Andolon ( Bangladesh ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ASEAN
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about ASEAN
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: AK Rockefeller
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about ASEAN
Click on an item to play that video:
- ASEAN Youth Congress Explanation Video
Join ASEAN Youth Congress web on/ registration...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = ASEAN countries
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = ASEAN
- In Asia, an App to Bridge ASEAN Language Barriers
A company in Thailand says it has created a tool to help reduce language barriers among countries in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. The company ...
- GMS ASEAN, Language and Cultural Camp, MRC 21-31
GMS ASEAN, Language and Cultural Camp, MRC 21-31 Rajamangala University of Technology Isan Sakonnakhon Campus. HD FILM PRODUCT [DIAW ]
- ASEAN Language and Culture Camp 2015 .V1
- Asean GMS Language and Culture Camp
22 - 31 October 2012.
- MongraoMonglok ASEAN Language 2/3
- VIETNAM DELEGATE * ASEAN ECO-SCHOOLS AWARD 2015 * Foreign Language Specialized School
- In Asia, an App to Bridge ASEAN Language Barriers
- ASEAN Dictionary
- MongraoMonglok Promote ASEAN Language
- MongraoMonglok ASEAN Language 3/3
- ASEAN, Language and Cultural Camp, MRC
- Asean language
- ASEAN LANGUAGE APPLICATION
A Thai software company says it has developed an application for smart phones aimed at overcoming language barriers among business people in Asia.
- Language as the most important key towards ASEAN community
Language as the most important key towards ASEAN community Donnapa Ree-in : Studied Faculty of Education, English major Runchida Chantarach : Studied ...
- THE BRUNEI-U.S. ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENRICHMENT PROJECT FOR ASEAN 2013
- Foreign Language Cooperation Center Established to Welcome ASEAN Community
- The language of asean
- Nursing English language with ASEAN.
- IS2 : Exploring requirement learn the language in ASEAN Community in YSP school
Exploring requirement of students from high school education Yasothonpittayakom school learning.Towards the language in ASEAN Community BY Miss Manita ...
- ASEAN community: verb
See also the pronunciation examples of ASEAN!
Quotes about ASEAN
We hope that through these trade arrangements, through collaboration in training, in manpower development, and what have you, ASEAN in, say, ten years' time, will be a very different ASEAN. (Sellapan Ramanathan)
more quotes about asean...
Scrabble value of A1S1E1A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ASEAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of ASEAN!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ASEAN to see it in context!