On this page:
- Definition of the noun ash
- Definition of the verb ash
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ash
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ash
- Photos about Ash
- Videos about Ash
- Sign language
- Quotes about Ash
- Scrabble value of A1S1H4
- Anagrams of ASH
- Share this page
The word ash is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ash
What does ash mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ashes
- the residue that remains when something is burned
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- more generic word: residue = matter that remains after something has been removed
- more specific terms:
- any of various deciduous pinnate-leaved ornamental or timber trees of the genus Fraxinus
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of ash: ash tree
- more generic word: tree = a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown
- more specific terms:
- Fraxinus Americana / white ash = spreading American ash with leaves pale green or silvery beneath and having hard brownish wood
- Fraxinus caroliniana / swamp ash = small ash of swampy areas of southeastern United States
- Fraxinus cuspidata / flowering ash = shrubby ash of southwestern United States having fragrant white flowers
- Fraxinus dipetala / flowering ash = shrubby California ash with showy off-white flowers
- common European ash / Fraxinus excelsior / European ash = tall ash of Europe to the Caucasus having leaves shiny dark-green above and pale downy beneath
- Fraxinus latifolia / Fraxinus oregona / Oregon ash = timber tree of western North America yielding hard light wood
- Fraxinus nigra / basket ash / black ash / brown ash / hoop ash = vigorous spreading North American tree having dark brown heavy wood
- Fraxinus ornus / flowering ash / manna ash = southern Mediterranean ash having fragrant white flowers in dense panicles and yielding manna
- Fraxinus pennsylvanica / downy ash / red ash = smallish American tree with velvety branchlets and lower leaf surfaces
- Fraxinus quadrangulata / blue ash = ash of central and southern United States with bluish-green foliage and hard brown wood
- Fraxinus texensis / mountain ash = low-growing ash of Texas
- Fraxinus tomentosa / pumpkin ash = timber tree of central and southeastern United States having hairy branchlets and a swollen trunk base
- Fraxinus velutina / Arizona ash = small shrubby ash of southwestern United States and northwestern Mexico
- instance: Yggdrasil / Ygdrasil = a huge ash tree whose roots and branches hold the earth and Heaven and Hell together
- part: ash-key = winged seed of the ash tree
- member of: Fraxinus / genus Fraxinus = ash
- strong elastic wood of any of various ash trees; used for furniture and tool handles and sporting goods such as baseball bats
Alternative definition of the noun ash
- The solid remains of a fire.
- [chemistry] The nonaqueous remains of a material subjected to any complete oxidation process.
- Fine particles from a volcano, volcanic ash.
- [context: in plural] Human (or animal) remains after cremation.
- [figuratively] What remains after a catastrophe.
- A shade tree of the genus [spelink, Fraxinus]
- synonym: ash tree
- The wood of this tree.
- The traditional name for the ae ligature (æ), as used in Old English.
Definition of the verb ash
What does ash mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: ashed | ashing | ashes
- convert into ashes
- Ash: In analytical chemistry, ashing is the process of mineralization for preconcentration of trace substances prior to chemical analysis. Ash is the name given to all non-aqueous residue that remains after a sample is burned, which consists mostly of metal oxides.
- Ash a.k.a. Āsh is part of Iranian cuisine and Turkish cuisines, similar to soup but thicker, which is usually served hot. Depending on the type of āsh, it could contain different types of grain, legumes, vegetables, herbs, onions, oil, meat, garlic, reshteh and spices, such as salt, pepper, turmeric, saffron, etc.
- read more about Āsh
"Ash" a.k.a. "Ash: A Secret History" is a fantasy novel by author Mary Gentle, published in 2000. Set in the 15th century, the novel blends elements of fantasy, alternate history, and secret history. In the United States, it was published in four paperback volumes: A Secret History, Carthage Ascendant, Wild Machines, and Lost Burgundy.
- read more about Ash: A Secret History
- "Ash" is a 2013 short drama film written and directed by Yasmina Hatem.
- countries: United States of America, Lebanon
- language: Arabic Language
- producers: Yasmina Hatem & Darine Hotait
- executive producers: Yasmina Hatem & Darine Hotait
- production design by Issa Kandil
- art direction by Issa Kandil
- written by Yasmina Hatem
- cinematography by Karim Ghorayeb
- edited by Darine Hotait
- music by Tarek Yamani
- genre: Drama
- released in
- "Ash" is a 2013 short documentary history film directed by Nathan Duncan.
- "Ash" is a historical documentary drama film directed by Herbert Sveinbjörnsson.
- also known as Aska
- country: Iceland
- language: Icelandic Language
- genres: Historical Documentaries, Drama
- released on
- "Ash" is a 2012 short film directed by Taj Jenkins Musco and written by Su Ching Teh.
- country: Singapore
- language: Standard Chinese
- director: Taj Musco
- producers: Su Ching Teh & Qing Chen
- executive producers: Taj Musco & Su Ching Teh
- production design by Rosie Haber
- written by Su Ching Teh
- cinematography by Jordan Quellman
- edited by Taj Musco
- music by Taj Musco
- genre: Drama
- released on
- "Ash" is a drama film directed by Thomas Geraty.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Drama
- released on (5 years ago)
- "ASH" is a musical album of BAISER.
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Ash" is a musical EP of Paul Cat.
- released in (28 years ago)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashton Kutcher: Christopher Ashton Kutcher is an American actor, producer, investor and former model.
- read more about Ashton Kutcher (actor)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Tisdale: Ashley Michelle Tisdale is an American actress, singer, and producer. During her childhood, she appeared in more than 100 TV advertisements and had roles in theatre and television shows. In 2004, she was cast as Maddie Fitzpatrick in Disney Channel's The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and rose to prominence in 2006 as Sharpay Evans in the television film High School Musical. The High School Musical series included three films and the spin-off Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure. Tisdale's resultant popularity led her to sign a record deal with Warner Bros. Records in 2006. Her debut album, Headstrong, was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America and features the single "He Said She Said". Two years later, Tisdale released her second studio album, Guilty Pleasure. In 2013, she announced plans to make music again and confirmed that she has been recording her third studio album.
- read more about Ashley Tisdale (dance-pop artist)
- Ash a.k.a. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Aishwarya Rai, also known as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is an Indian film actress and model. Rai has established herself as a leading contemporary actress of Indian cinema and has become one of Bollywood's highest-paid actresses. She has received several awards and nominations, including two Filmfare Awards, and was awarded with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009, and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012. She is regarded as one of the most popular and influential celebrities in India, and is often cited in the media as the "most beautiful woman in the world".
- read more about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (actress)
- Ash are a Northern Irish alternative rock band, formed in Downpatrick in 1992 by vocalist and guitarist Tim Wheeler, bassist Mark Hamilton and drummer Rick McMurray. As a three-piece, they released mini-album Trailer in 1994, followed by 1977 in 1996. This 1996 release was named by NME as one of the 500 greatest albums of all time. After the success of their full debut the band recruited Charlotte Hatherley as a guitarist and vocalist, releasing their second record Nu-Clear Sounds in 1998. After narrowly avoiding bankruptcy the band released Free All Angels in 2001 and a string of successful singles.
- genres: Indie rock, Alternative rock, Pop punk, Punk rock, Britpop, Grunge, Rock music, Hard rock, Power pop, Indie pop
- albums: "Petrol", "Uncle Pat", "Trailer", "Kung Fu", "Girl From Mars", "Angel Interceptor", "Goldfinger", "1977", "Oh Yeah", "Live at the Wireless", "A Life Less Ordinary", "Jesus Says", "Nu-Clear Sounds", "Wild Surf", "Shining Light", "Burn Baby Burn", "Free All Angels", "Sometimes", "Candy", "There's a Star", "Envy", "Intergalactic Sonic 7"s", "Jack Names the Planets", "Satellite Transmissions, Volume 1", "Clones", "Orpheus", "Starcrossed", "Renegade Cavalcade", "Meltdown", "Polaris", "You Can't Have It All", "Twilight of the Innocents", "End of the World", "Garage Girl", "A–Z Series", "Solar Happy", "Shed", "Home Demo", "Pipe Smokin' Brick", "Return of White Rabbit", "Space Shot", "Command", "A-Z, Volume 1", "Ichiban", "Arcadia", "A-Z, Volume 2", "True Love 1980", "Pripyat", "Tracers", "Neon"
- film directed: Slashed
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Brit Award for British Breakthrough Act
- nominated to NME Award for Best Single - "Burn Baby Burn"
- nominated to NME Award for Best Live Act
- NME Award for Best Single - "Burn Baby Burn"
- nominated to NME Award for Best Single - "Envy"
- nominated to NME Award for Best Website - "Ash-official.com"
- nominated to Kerrang! Award for Best Single - "Orpheus"
- nominated to Kerrang! Award for Best British Band
- Kerrang! Classic Songwriter Award
- official website: www.ashofficial.com
- Ash a.k.a. Ashlynn Brooke is an American former pornographic actress, feature dancer, and model.
- read more about Ashlynn Brooke
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Judd is an American actress and political activist. She grew up in a family of successful performing artists as the daughter of country music singer Naomi Judd and the sister of Wynonna Judd. While she is best known for an ongoing acting career spanning more than two decades, she has increasingly become involved in global humanitarian efforts and political activism.
- read more about Ashley Judd (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashlee Simpson: Ashley Nicolle Simpson Ross known by the stage name Ashlee Simpson, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. The younger sister of Jessica Simpson, she rose to prominence as a participant in her sister's reality show Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, and starred in the spin-off program The Ashlee Simpson Show which portrayed her creating her debut album, Autobiography. The album was released after the show's first season and went to the top of the album chart. Following a North American concert tour and a film appearance, Simpson released her second number-one album, I Am Me. Simpson assumed creative control over her third studio album, Bittersweet World.
- read more about Ashlee Simpson
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Benson: Ashley Victoria Benson is an American actress and model, known for her role as Hanna Marin on the mystery-thriller television series Pretty Little Liars. She has also portrayed Abigail Deveraux on the NBC soap opera Days of our Lives, Mia Torcoletti on the supernatural television series Eastwick, and Brit in the 2012 crime thriller film Spring Breakers.
- read more about Ashley Benson (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Greene: Ashley Michele Greene is an American actress and model, best known for playing Alice Cullen in the film adaptations of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novels.
- read more about Ashley Greene (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Olsen: Ashley Fuller Olsen is an American actress, fashion designer, producer, author, and businesswoman. She co-founded luxury fashion brands The Row, Elizabeth and James, and the more affordable lines Olsenboye and StyleMint with her twin sister Mary-Kate Olsen.
- read more about Ashley Olsen (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Jensen is a Scottish actress. She was nominated for an Emmy for her role on the television series Extras, on which she appeared from 2005–2007. She was also a cast member of the ABC show Ugly Betty and the brief-lived CBS sitcom Accidentally on Purpose.
- read more about Ashley Jensen (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Leggat: Ashley Margaret Anne Leggat is a Canadian actress, dancer and singer. She is known for her roles as Casey McDonald in the television series Life with Derek and as Ashley Dunnfield in The Perfect Roommate.
- read more about Ashley Leggat (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Argota: Ashley Spencer Argota is an American actress, singer, and student. She is best known for role as Lulu in the Nickelodeon sitcom True Jackson, VP. She also co-starred as Kelly Peckinpaw in Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures on Nickelodeon.
- read more about Ashley Argota (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Tim Wheeler: Timothy James Arthur Wheeler, known as Tim Wheeler, is a Northern Irish guitarist, songwriter, and vocalist for the rock band Ash. He formed the band with Mark Hamilton and they were originally called Vietnam. Wheeler can be seen playing a Korina Gibson Flying V in almost all of Ash's music videos. He has written nearly all of their notable pieces such as "Oh Yeah", "Shining Light", "Girl From Mars", "Kung Fu", and "Goldfinger". In September 2014 Tim announced details of his debut solo album "Lost Domain" with a release date of 3 November 2014.
- read more about Tim Wheeler
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Lilley is a Scottish actress who made her film debut in 2008 film Mamma Mia! The Movie.
- read more about Ashley Lilley (actress)
- Ash: Victor Ash, also known as Ash, is a Copenhagen-based artist originally from Paris, France. Ash primarily works on canvas, lithography, and sometimes installations. He has exhibited regularly in various museums and galleries around the world since the late 1980s.
- born in (48 years ago)
- nationality: France
- Ash a.k.a. Ashleigh Brennan: Ashleigh Jade Brennan is an Australian former gymnast who was on the Australia Gymnastics Artistic Women's National Team. She participated in the 2008 Summer Olympics, finishing sixth in the team event. She won a pair of team gold medals in the Commonwealth Games at the 2006 and 2010 Games. She won a silver medal at the Commonwealth Games in 2006 and a bronze in 2010. She was selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- read more about Ashleigh Brennan
- Ash a.k.a. Ash Baron-Cohen: Ashley Baron-Cohen is an independent English filmmaker also known as simply Ash. He has a bachelor's degree in experimental psychology from Sussex University, and trained as a filmmaker at the Pasadena Art Center.
- read more about Ash Baron-Cohen
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Gordon was an Indigenous Australian rugby league footballer for the Newcastle Knights and Penrith Panthers of the National Rugby League. He played at wing and fullback in the NRL and in 1990 was recognised as the best wing of the year winning the Dally M Winger Of The Year.
- read more about Ashley Gordon
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Broad is a television producer.
- read more about Ashley Broad
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Hughes is an actor.
- read more about Ashley Hughes (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Daniels is an actress.
- read more about Ashley Daniels (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Lindsay MacDonald is an actress.
- read more about Lindsay MacDonald (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Head is an actress.
- read more about Ashley Head (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Caroline Aberash Parker is the adopted daughter of Mary-Louise Parker.
- read more about Caroline Aberash Parker
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Bradnam is a film producer, screenwriter and actor.
- read more about Ashley Bradnam (actor)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Arnold is an actress.
- read more about Ashley Arnold (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Hallford is an actress.
- read more about Ashley Hallford (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashlyn Walker is an actress.
- read more about Ashlyn Walker (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Ashley Stinnett is an actor, film producer, film director, model and politician.
- read more about Ashley Stinnett
- Ash a.k.a. Bridgette Bassa is an actress.
- read more about Bridgette Bassa (actress)
- Ash a.k.a. Asher Emmanuel is a film producer, screenwriter, film director.
- read more about Asher Emmanuel (film director)
- ASH is a musical group.
- albums: "マッチョなheart / ひとりよがり", "Exciter"
- Ash is a musical group.
- album: "Boneyard"
- Ash is a musical group.
- album: "～Aleph～"
There are other groups with in their name, like Ha-Ash, Ha*Ash, Hot Ash, Ash Pool, Ash Riot, Blue Ash, East Ash, Ash Borer, Ash Plant, Black Ash, Cadra Ash, Salem Ash, White Ash, white-ash, Silver Ash, Charlie Ash, Honey to Ash, Relative Ash, Rites of Ash and Wishbone Ash.
- Ash a.k.a. Ash Ketchum, known as Satoshi in Japan, is a fictional character in the Pokémon franchise owned by Nintendo. He is the main protagonist of the Pokémon anime and manga series, as well as on various merchandise related to the franchise. In Japanese, the character is voiced by Rica Matsumoto; in English, he was voiced by Veronica Taylor from 1998 until 2006 and the eighth season of the anime series, replaced by Sarah Natochenny for the remainder of the anime and Kayzie Rogers in The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon television special. His name is derived from the Japanese name and his English motto, "Gotta Catch 'Em All". Ash's dream is to become a Pokémon Master. He is loosely based on Red, the player character from the Generation I games Pokémon Red, Green, Blue and Yellow, as well as the Generation III games Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen versions. The character's first official appearance in a game was in Pokémon Puzzle League.
- read more about Ash Ketchum
- Ash is a character in the movie Alien, who was portrayed by actor Ian Holm, who, although known in the U.K. as a stage actor, was at the time unknown to American audiences. Ash serves as the secondary antagonist of the first film. The character is the science officer of the Nostromo, who breaks quarantine by allowing Kane, a member of the crew, back on board after he has been infected by an alien life form. It is later discovered that Ash is not human at all, as he appears, but is in fact a Hyperdyne Systems 120-A/2 android, who is acting upon secret orders to bring back the alien lifeform and to consider the crew "expendable".
- Ash is a fictional character on The CW Television Network's ''Supernatural'' portrayed by Chad Lindberg.
- created by Eric Kripke
- Ash is a fictional character from Black Butler.
- also known as Ashe, Ash Landers
- Ash is a fictional character from the 2004 film Rancid.
- Ash is a fictional character in the 1998 film Subspecies 4: Bloodstorm.
- Ash is a fictional character from the TV show Fighting Foodons.
- also known as アッシュ, Asshu, Albert
- Ash is a fictional character from the 2003 film A Detective Story.
- Ash is a village and civil parish in the far west of the borough of Guildford, Surrey. Ash is on the eastern side of the River Blackwater, with railway station on the Reading-Guildford-Gatwick line, and direct roads to Aldershot, Farnham and Guildford. The 2011 census counted the residents of the main ward of Ash, which excludes Ash Vale, as 6,120. It is within the Aldershot Urban Area and adjoins the riverside in the east of that large town; Ash has a small museum, large secondary school and a library.
- Ash is an unincorporated community in Douglas County, Oregon, United States, south of Loon Lake in the Southern Oregon Coast Range. The community is also referred to as Ash Valley.
- Ash a.k.a. Nashua Airport at Boire Field is a public use airport located three nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Nashua, a city in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States. Owned by the Nashua Airport Authority, this airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport.
- Ash is a hamlet approximately 1 km east of the village of Salway, Dorset, England.
- part of United Kingdom
- Ash is a small civil parish in the South Derbyshire district of Derbyshire, with a population of 98. The parish includes scattered hamlets and Ashe Hall. Today Ashe hall is the Tara Buddhist Centre.
- Ash is a hamlet approximately 1 km north of the village of Stourpaine, Dorset, England.
- part of United Kingdom
- Ash is a hamlet in Somerset, England, situated 3 miles south east of Taunton in the Taunton Deane district.
- Ash a.k.a. Ash, Texas: Ash is an unincorporated community in Houston County, Texas. Ash is located 16 miles southwest of Crockett at the western terminus of FM 1280. The community was established in 1870 and named for community leader James B. Ash. Ash had a post office from 1890 to 1909. By 2000, its population was 19.
- read more about Ash, Texas
There are other places with in their name, like Ga'ash, Red Ash, Ash Flat, Ash Hill, Ash Lake, Blue Ash, Cold Ash, Salt Ash, Ash Green, Ash Grove, Ash Point, Ash Sha'm, Ash Shihr, Cross Ash, White Ash, white-ash, Ash Priors, Bracon Ash, Knotty Ash.
- Ash was the ancient Egyptian god of oases, as well as the vineyards of the western Nile Delta and thus was viewed as a benign deity. Flinders Petrie in his 1923 expedition to the Saqqara found several references to Ash in Old Kingdom wine jar seals: "I am refreshed by this Ash" was a common inscription.
- Ash is an American comic book character created by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti, published by Event Comics about a firefighter who gains superpowers from a time-displaced regeneration device from a possible apocalyptic future.
- Ash is a ballet made by New York City Ballet's balletmaster in chief Peter Martins to Ash by Michael Torke. The premiere took place Thursday, June 20, 1991, at the New York State Theater, Lincoln Center. Ash was the fourth in a series of collaborations between the choreographer and composer.
- Ash is a breed coloring.
- Ash a.k.a. Tequiraca language: Tequiraca, also known as Abishira * and Aiwa, is a language spoken in Peru. In 1925 there were between 50 and 80 speakers in Puerto Elvira on Lake Vacacocha. It had been presumed extinct some time in the mid 20th century, but in 2008 two rememberers were found and 160 words and short sentences were recorded.
- also known as Auishiri, Avirxiri, Ixignor, Tequraca, Agouisiri, Abiquira, Vacacocha, Abigira, Abishira language
- Ash a.k.a. Grb2 is a protein.
- read more about Grb2
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ash
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
Fly ash is a by-product of burning finely ground coal in a boiler to produce electricity. Physically, fly ash is a fine, powdery material composed mostly of silica and nearly all particles are round. Fly ash is a siliceous material that, in the presence ...
A Practical Reference by Kumar Rayaprolu
Coal ash (A) see also Ash Coal ash is the incombustible MM left behind when coal is burnt. In the laboratory it is the residue left on complete combustion of coal sample performed in a carefully controlled and specified manner in a muffle ...
Proceedings of the National Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering: Perspectives of Developing Countries (ACEDEC-2003): Structures engineering and geotechnical infrastructure development (2003)
Fly ash is an industrial waste resulting from the combustion of pulverized coal in the boilers at the thermal power...
The bottom ash is that part of the residue which is fused into particles leaving enough to drop out of the furnace gas stream .
Mining and Scientific Press (1907)
VOLCANIC ash is a misnomer. Ash is the product of combustion; the volcanic ' ash' is the result of violent explosion or fragmentary ejection from the vent of a volcano; it is broken rock that has undergone grinding by abrasion, due to the ...
With the Witnesses (2017)
Poetry, Compassion, and Claimed Experience by Dale Tracy
Yet the ash is “a concentration of grace in gravity” when it settles on him, in that the ash is a concentration of the letters. The suffering in the letters is concentrated into the weightless transcendent. The letter-reader makes the accounts of ...
A Compleat Body of Husbandry (1758)
by Thomas Hale
*T* H E ash is a tall and stout tree, Its leaves are com- .*. posed of several smaller , which stand on each fide a stalk with an odd one at the end. The flowers are small and inconsiderable. They consist only of a few short threads. The fruit grows ...
by Reign Crown
Let's not forget about the other toxicant that is in the air and the water supply- Coal Ash . Coal Ash is a waste product of the human consumption of energy through coal. Just in the United States coal is responsible for almost 50 % ...
by A.J. Chandler, T.T. Eighmy, O. Hjelmar, D.S. Kosson, S.E. Sawell, J. Vehlow, H.A. van der Sloot, J. Hartlén
CHAPTER 9 - BOTTOM ASH Bottom ash is the most significant residual by- product from MSW incineration.
By virtue of combustion temperature and grate design, bottom ash is a slagged material containing lithophilic elements with low ...
Recycling of Biomass Ashes (2011)
by Heribert Insam, Brigitte A. Knapp
Brigitte Amalia Knapp and Heribert Insam Abstract Biomass ash is a final by- product from biomass incineration and is being...
Biomass ash is the solid residue accumulating from the thermal combustion of plant biomass for heat and electricity ...
by Phoenix McFarland
As a magical name, Ash is an excellent choice. It is generally t bought to be a male's name, but it would...
Ash is a good name for bringing leadership and teaching ability, both valuable ...
by James G. Speight
ash is a very important aspect of coal analysis and involves the use of...
Dictionary of Flavors (2008)
by Dolf De Rovira
The ash test is black salt, mango powder, cumin, and used to determine the mineral content of dried pomegranate seeds.
Encyclopedia of Disasters (2007)
Environmental Catastrophes and Human Tragedies by Angus Macleod Gunn
Katmai, Alaska, volcanic eruption June 6, 1912 Mount Katmai, west of Kodiak Island Volcanic ash in volume greater than the sum of all other volcanic eruptions in Alaska was ejected and devastated every place within miles of the eruption The ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ash
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ash
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Mark Ramsay
A thin layer of ash has accumulated.
Photo credit: Velo Steve
large on black, white, stream on black, white, interestingness, white (generated by [darckr])
Photo credit: wetribe
Photo credit: arriba
Photo credit: Tim Sheerman-Chase
Photo credit: anneheathen
Photo credit: Captain Ted
Photo credit: sebwautelet
- Ash Meadows NWR
Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, established June 18, 1984, is located approximately 90 miles northwest of Las Vegas in the Amargosa Valley of southern Nye County, Nevada. To date, over 23,000 acres of spring-fed wetlands and alkaline desert uplands are managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The refuge provides habitat for at least 24 plants and animals found nowhere else in the world. Four fish and one plant are currently listed as endangered.
This concentration of indigenous life distinguishes Ash Meadows NWR as having a greater concentration of endemic life than any other local area in the United States and the second greatest in all of North America. Ash Meadows provides a valuable and unprecedented example of desert oases that are now extremely uncommon in the southwestern United States. Credit: Cyndi Souza/USFWS
Photo credit: USFWS Pacific Southwest Region
- Burning ash
Photo credit: chetbox
- Hooka Ash
The ash at the top of the hooka
Photo credit: dweekly
View more pictures about Mountain Ash.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ash
Click on an item to play that video:
- ASH 2015 Coverage: The Meaning of a Second-Generation BTK Inhibitor for Patients
Watch patient advocate Carol Preston, on location at the 2015 American Society of Hematology (ASH) conference, discusses the new molecule, ACP-196, ...
- Ash Meaning
Video shows what ash means. The solid remains of a fire.. The nonaqueous remains of a material subjected to any complete oxidation process.. Fine particles ...
- Read decription- Ash's Explanation
- Lt Col Peters Discusses Ash Carter's explanation of Obama's non-strategy
- Ash Meaning
Video shows what Ash means. for someone who lived near ash trees.. transferred from the surname.. A diminutive of the female given names Ashley and Ashlee ...
- 091 Ash Shams with Bangla Meaning
- Regional Dialect meme - Smokybanjo and Ash
- E-011-Build Definition-Components Misc-Fly Ash Layers
This video show how to add fly ash layer in cross section.
- Explanation for Little Videos - Ash
- ESL GO4 HEROES#15 FINALE BO3 (McP vs ASH) - Heroes of the storm FR
REDIFF DES ESL GO4 HEROES#15 BO3 Madcorps vs Ash - Heroes of the storm FR 15/03/2015.
- ...ash - Rhyming Word Families - ESL British English Pronunciation
- The ASH Foreign Language Department Chromebook Fundraiser
Help support the Alexandria Senior High Foreign Language Department in their effort to secure a department set of Google Chromebooks.
- 1973 Blackie Stratocaster Ash Description Video
1973 Blackie Ash Body Stratocaster.
- Fun at ASH International Language Center
A.sh International Language Center in the Philippines! LIKE US ON FACEBOOK...
- Don Ash: A Brief Description of Craniosacral Therapy
Don provides a brief explanation of CST that might be useful when describing what the therapy is to new patients. This was one segment of his presentation ...
- Ash International Language Center
LIKE THEM ON FACEBOOK...
- Team ASH vs. Gamers2 [GRAND FINAL] |Game 2| ESL Major League Playoffs Season 2
- Team ASH vs. Gamers2 [GRAND FINAL] |Game 3| ESL Major League Playoffs Season 2
- ECE 315 Week 3 DQ 1 Language Development Ash
To Download this course, visit this link or click on the link given in the description ...
- Ash International Language Center.
- A short description about Islam by Ash Shiekh S.H.M. Faleel
In An University in American.
- 91. Ash Shams Kanada Language Complete
See also the pronunciation examples of Ash!
Food ash sign language ASL
Quotes about Ash
Scrabble value of A1S1H4
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ASH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ash!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ash to see it in context!