Asia appears in the following tongue twister:
- Casual clothes are provisional for leisurely trips across Asia.
Asia appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Bonsai sanitary rat in Asia, snob!
- Red now, Asia is sure Russia is a wonder.
- Zeus: "Nile macaroni, Ma, is a nitrate-tart in Asia Minor, a camel in Suez."
On this page:
- Definition of the noun asia
- Phrases with Asia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Asia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Asia
- Photos about Asia
- Video language resources about Asia
- Sign language
- Quotes about Asia
- Scrabble value of A1S1I1A1
- Anagrams of ASIA
- Share this page
Fun fact! The first letter of every continent's name is the same as the last: Africa, America, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
Fun fact! Most of the world’s languages are spoken in Asia and Africa.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun asia
What does asia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- the largest continent with 60% of the earth's population; it is joined to Europe on the west to form Eurasia; it is the site of some of the world's earliest civilizations
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- instance of: continent = one of the large landmasses of the earth
- part of: Eurasia = the land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia
- Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- Asia Minor / Anatolia = a peninsula in southwestern Asia that forms the Asian part of Turkey
- Islamic State of Afghanistan / Afghanistan = a mountainous landlocked country in central Asia
- Southeast Asia = a geographical division of Asia that includes Indochina plus Indonesia and the Philippines and Singapore
- People's Republic of China / Communist China / mainland China / Red China / Cathay / China / PRC = a communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia
- Turkestan / Turkistan = a historical region of central Asia that was a center for trade between the East and the West
- Promised Land / Holy Land / Palestine / Canaan = an ancient country in southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean Sea
- Roman Empire = an empire established by Augustus in 27 BC and divided in AD 395 into the Western Roman Empire and the eastern or Byzantine Empire
- Arabian Peninsula / Arabia = a peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf
- State of Bahrain / Bahrain / Bahrein = an island country in the Persian Gulf off the coast of Saudi Arabia
- People's Republic of Bangladesh / East Pakistan / Bangla Desh / Bangladesh = a Muslim republic in southern Asia bordered by India to the north and west and east and the Bay of Bengal to the south; formerly part of India and then part of Pakistan
- Kingdom of Bhutan / Bhutan = a landlocked principality in the Himalayas to the northeast of India
- Republic of India / Bharat / India = a republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia; second most populous country in the world
- Kingdom of Nepal / Nepal = a small landlocked Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and China
- Sitsang / Thibet / Xizang / Tibet = an autonomous region of the Peoples Republic of China
- Islamic Republic of Iran / Persia / Iran = a theocratic Islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia; Iran was the core of the ancient empire that was known as Persia until 1935
- Persian Empire / Persia = an empire in southern Asia created by Cyrus the Great in the 6th century BC and destroyed by Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC
- Republic of Iraq / Al-Iraq / Irak / Iraq = a republic in the Middle East in western Asia
- Nippon / Japan / Nihon = a constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan / Jordan = an Arab kingdom in southwestern Asia on the Red Sea
- State of Kuwait / Koweit / Kuwait = an Arab kingdom in Asia on the northwestern coast of the Persian Gulf
- Dae-Han-Min-Gook / Korean Peninsula / Han-Gook / Korea = an Asian peninsula (off Manchuria) separating the Yellow Sea and the Sea of Japan
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea / North Korea / D.P.R.K. / DPRK = a communist country in the northern half of the Korean Peninsula
- Republic of Korea / South Korea = a republic in the southern half of the Korean Peninsula
- Lebanese Republic / Lebanon = an Asian republic at east end of Mediterranean
- Malay Peninsula = a peninsula in southeastern Asia occupied by parts of Malaysia and Thailand and Myanmar
- Tartary / Tatary = the vast geographical region of Europe and Asia that was controlled by the Mongols in the 13th and 14th centuries
- Mongolia = a vast region in Asia including Mongoli and China's Inner Mongolia
- Mongolia = a landlocked country in central Asia
- Sultanate of Oman / Muscat and Oman / Oman = a strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan / West Pakistan / Pakistan = a Muslim republic that occupies the heartland of ancient south Asian civilization in the Indus River valley; formerly part of India
- Parthia = an ancient kingdom in Asia to the southeast of the Caspian Sea
- State of Katar / State of Qatar / Katar / Qatar = an Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1971
- Asian Russia = the Russia that is part of Asia
- Republic of Kazakhstan / Kazakhstan / Kazakstan / Kazakh / Kazak = a landlocked republic to the south of Russia and to the northeast of the Caspian Sea; the original Turkic-speaking inhabitants were overrun by Mongols in the 13th century
- Kyrgyz Republic / Kirghizstan / Kirgizstan / Kyrgyzstan / Kirghizia / Kirgizia / Kirghiz / Kirgiz = a landlocked republic in west central Asia bordering on northwestern China
- Republic of Tajikistan / Tadzhikistan / Tajikistan / Tadzhik / Tadjik / Tajik = a landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia to the north of Afghanistan
- Turkmenistan / Turkmenia / Turkomen / Turkmen = a republic in Asia to the east of the Caspian Sea and to the south of Kazakhstan and to the north of Iran
- Republic of Uzbekistan / Uzbekistan / Uzbek = a landlocked republic in west central Asia
- Syrian Arab Republic / Syria = an Asian republic in the Middle East at the east end of the Mediterranean
- Ottoman Empire / Turkish Empire = a Turkish sultanate of southwestern Asia and northeastern Africa and southeastern Europe; created by the Ottoman Turks in the 13th century and lasted until the end of World War I
- United Arab Emirates = a federation of seven Arab emirates on the eastern Arabian peninsula; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1971
- Republic of Yemen / Yemen = a republic on the southwestern shores of the Arabian Peninsula on the Indian Ocean
- Altai Mountains / Altay Mountains = a mountain range in central Asia that extends a thousand miles from Kazakhstan eastward into western Mongolia and northern China
- Argun River / Ergun He / Argun = a river in eastern Asia that arises in China and flows northeast along the border between China and Russia to become a tributary of the Amur River
- Great Rift Valley = a depression in southwestern Asia and eastern Africa; extends from the valley of the Jordan River to Mozambique
- Kura River / Kura = a river in western Asia
- the nations of the Asian continent collectively
- Asia a.k.a. Asia Carrera is an American former pornographic actress.
- read more about Asia Carrera
- Asia is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Asia (actor)
Phrases with Asia
Phrases starting with the word Asia:
Phrases ending with the word Asia:
- Electra Asia
- Arhopala Asia
- southeast asia
- Sick Man of Asia
- Lagenorhynchus asia
- Species Electra Asia
- Sick Man of East Asia
- Species Arhopala Asia
- species Lagenorhynchus asia
Other phrases containing the word Asia:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Asia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Old World Continents (2003)
Europe, Asia, and Africa by Bruce McClish
East Asia is a highly populated region with a variety of landforms, including mountains, fertile plains, forests, and...
North Asia is the Russian land of Siberia, a thinly populated region of great forests, barren plains, and long, harsh winters.
by Homero E. Martinez
Asia, Geographical (Geography): Asia is the largest and most populous continent of the world, covering about 30 percent of the Earth's landmass. It includes 44 countries, depending territories, and numerous islands extended over an area of ...
Through the Eyes of the Pack (2013)
by Lorenzo Currie
Asia is the largest continent in the world. It extends about 7,100 kilometers or ( 4,400 miles) from the...
Inner Asia is a rather imprecisely defined region that is sometimes called Central Asia. Included within it are Tibet and the Sinkiang- Uighur ...
Asia is the largest of the continents, covering about one-third of the land surface of the Earth. Nearly sixty percent...
Roman Catholic Missiology 1910 to the Present by Stephen B. Bevans
Introduction Asia is a huge continent!
Asia is the cradle of the world's great religious traditions: India for Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism; Arabia for Islam; Palestine for Judaism and Christianity; China for Confucianism and Taoism; Japan ...
An Asian Perspective by Mr. Erik Lueth
Emerging Asia is the largest provider of capital for industrialized countries through the investment of its foreign currency reserves. At the same time, emerging Asia is the largest recipient of private capital flows, including the exchange rate ...
Boy Culture (2010)
An Encyclopedia by Shirley R. Steinberg, Michael Kehler, Lindsay Cornish
South Asia refers to the region south of the Himalayan Mountains. South Asians includes people from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Southeast Asia refers to the region south of China, east of India, and north of Australia.
Sport in Asian Society (2005)
Past and Present by Fan Hong, J.A. Mangan
An eclectic approach is wise: Asia is the largest continent in the world. It is almost five times...
Unlike India and China, the two large countries that are more or less homogeneous culturally, Southeast Asia is the fragmented transition zone or shatterbelt, in both physical and cultural sense. It is the physical fragmentation of this region that ...
The Asian Perspective by Richard Baldwin, Masahiro Kawai, Ganeshan Wignaraja
Asia is a vast continent with large heterogeneity – physically, culturally, linguistically, politically, and economically. The region includes some of the world's most competitive and sophisticated economies, as well as large emerging ones which ...
by Kwok Pui-lan
Asia is a truly pluralist collection of societies and is of course the birthplace of many of the world's religions.
The Concise Garland Encyclopedia of World Music: The Middle East, South Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia (2008)
by Ellen Koskoff
South Asia 7. South Asia Music, dance, and drama are all integral. 7. South Asia.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Asia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Asia
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Asia Geek
Photo credit: Kedume
- Asia Style
Good food and free jasmine tea, strongly recommended :)
Photo credit: Kasia!!
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Asia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Asia Meaning
Video shows what Asia means. A continent located east of Europe, west of the Pacific Ocean, north of Oceania and south of the Arctic Ocean.. A daughter of ...
- Psychedelic Slang Fall 2012 Show | Indonesia Fashion Week | FashionTV ASIA
- Medieval Asia Vocabulary.webm
- Obama's tour of Asia - explanation of what US is doing in the Philippines
- The True Meaning of 2013 HPAIR Conference - Charting The Asia Flourishing Future -
- IC AAA Focus Asia Month 2013: Self-Definition
- The Meaning of Justice by Khmer Radio Free Asia
- 31-05 ONE NIGHT IN ASIA WITH LIVE ON STAGE JARGON VIDEODROP
- Spiritual meaning of the gates of Jerusalem - Apostle Asia Hurd
- ASIA RECYCLING - Explanation
- The Meaning of America's Asia Pivot
Council on Foreign Relations senior fellows Elizabeth Economy and Michael Levi say that the U.S. rebalance, or pivot, to Asia was, first and foremost, about ...
- RAW hidden camera -- Vancouver company's explanation of shipping e-waste to Asia
Vancouver Sun reporter Larry Pynn talks with Benny Yeung of Richmond-based E-Tech Management about a shipping container with waste batteries and waste ...
- Sustainability Explanation - Branksome Hall Asia Grade 8B
Sustainability Explanation - Branksome Hall Asia Grade 8B Min Ji Jeon & Che Young Yun.
- Osama Tayyab star asia news, subsidy meaning
- Pre-Employment Background Check in Hong Kong and Asia - The Definition of Resume Exaggeration
eeVoices is leading pre-employment screening organization in Hong Kong, China and Asia. eeVoices pre-employment background check solutions include ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Asia
- Frozen - Let It Go: Asia Multi-Language
Video suggested by Mahmoudreza Farzanegan, thank you so much! The video for 'Making Today a Perfect Day' will be uploaded soon. Below, are listed the ...
- Cross Cultural Differences In Body Language by Image Matters Asia
Alisa & Mike discuss the cultural differences in body language between the UK and Asia.
- Monsoon Asia: Language
Part 2 in the Monsoon Asia series. This episode focuses on language distributions and patterns within the countries of Monsoon Asia. IU Southeast Instructor: ...
- Asia Language Apps VOA Logo
iPhone App Tries to Ease Asia's Language Barriers.
- Language Corps Asia 2014
Contest submission for the 2014 LanguageCorps Media Contest. Video has footage from Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. See more of the trip at...
- In Asia, an App to Bridge ASEAN Language Barriers
A company in Thailand says it has created a tool to help reduce language barriers among countries in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. The company ...
- Language Families of Asia
See the location of a huge diversity of languages within Asia.
- Koch Rajbongshi Ancient Language of Asia
Koch Rajbongshi Language is the Ancient Language of Asia, Where by other language have evolved from it.
- The Universal Language: Indigenous Asia Trailer
The Universal Language: Indigenous Asia Folk music recorded during an 11 month music and film project. The journey transformed the original project idea that ...
- Teaching ESL in Asia.
- "The Success Magnet" Christian Chua Asia's Body Language Expert Interviewed by Elias
- Asia Ahat - Dreams ( language you've never heard before)
language that she sings doesn't actually exist, she just makes different sounds... and that sounds nice.
- More English Language Teaching Techniques using StudyDo.asia's Bridges - MEET #3
The third MEET teacher training video, this video focuses on the experience of a classroom teacher using new MEET techniques and StudyDo.asia materials in ...
- Best Asian Young English Speaker competition | Asia's got (English language) talent
The final of Cambridge ESOL's Best Asian Young English Speaker competition, sponsored by UTAS and the London School of Business & Finance, was held in ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Asia!
Asia Dunklin Sign Language Christmas Day
This Asia Dunklin sign language on Christmas Day. Sign Mary Mary song Called O Come All Ye Faithful...
Quotes about Asia
East Asia has prospered since the end of the Vietnam War, and Northeast Asia has prospered since the end of the Korean War in a way that seems unimaginable when you think of the history of the first half of the century. (William Kirby)
more quotes about asia...
Scrabble value of A1S1I1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ASIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Asia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Asia to see it in context!