Aslan appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Narnia, pan in oily lion Aslan: across a pass or canals, an oily lion in a pain ran.
On this page:
- Aslan is the main character of C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia series. He is "the great Lion" of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and his role in Narnia is developed throughout the remaining books. He is also the only character to appear in all seven books of the series. Aslan is Turkish for "lion". Lewis often capitalises the word lion in reference to Aslan, since, at least partially, he represents Jesus.
- created by C. S. Lewis
- in films:
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Fourth State.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2002 film War.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2007 TV series Asi.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2005 TV series Bendeniz Aysel.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2006 TV mini-series Gülpare.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2012 film Talenttyven.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2013 film Harmony Lessons.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2009 film Double Identity.
- Aslan is a fictional character from the 2013 film Paris Countdown.
"Aslan" is a musical album of Aslan.
- released in (23 years ago)
- Aslan, was a French painter, sculptor and pin-up artist. He is mostly famous in France for his pin ups. He contributed to Lui from the creation of the magazine in 1964 to the early eighties, providing a monthly pin up.
- Aslan a.k.a. Grégoire Aslan was an ethnic Armenian actor.
- read more about Grégoire Aslan (actor)
- Aslan are an Irish rock band from Dublin who formed in 1982. Composed of Christy Dignam, Joe Jewell, Billy McGuinness, Alan Downey and Rodney O'Brien, the band has released six studio albums: Feel No Shame, Goodbye Charlie Moonhead, Here Comes Lucy Jones, Waiting For This Madness To End, For Some Strange Reason and Nudie Books and Frenchies.
- genres: Rock music, Britpop
- albums: "Feel No Shame", "Here Comes Lucy Jones", "Made In Dublin", "Shame About Lucy Moonhead", "Waiting for this Madness to End", "For Some Strange Reason", "She's So Beautiful", "Crazy World", "Platinum Collection", "30", "Loving me lately"
- official website: www.aslan.ie
- Aslan is a musical group.
- also known as Aslan (USA)
- albums: "Weight of the World", "Infinite Friction", "A Matter of Perspective", "Millennium", "Piercing the Dark", "Aslan", "The Wait", "Try To Fly", "Fragile Fade"
Aslan a.k.a. `Aslan is a village in south-western Yemen. It is located in the Abyan Governorate.
- part of Abyan Governorate
- Aslan a.k.a. Galatasaray S.K.: Galatasaray Spor Kulübü, commonly known as Galatasaray, is a Turkish professional football club based in Istanbul, Turkey. It is the association football branch of the larger Galatasaray Sports Club, itself a part of the Galatasaray Community which includes the Galatasaray University and Galatasaray High School.
- read more about Galatasaray S.K.
- Aslan was a highly regarded British role-playing game fanzine that was published in Brighton and sunsequently York in the late 1980s and early 1990s. It ran for 13 issues and many of them had sub-zines included. The title refers to both a character in The Chronicles of Narnia and an alien race in the Traveller. The fanzine grew out of a long-running fantasy role-playing game which took place at the University of Sussex. The editor and publisher was Andrew Rilstone, who was initially assisted by Martin Wykes.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aslan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Through the Wardrobe (2010)
Your Favorite Authors on C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia by Herbie Brennan
Of course you realize the Great Lion Aslan is a metaphor for Christ. But suppose you missed all that the first time ...
Printed Entirely in the Roman Character, Conformable to the System Laid Down by Sir William Jones, and Improved Since His Time by Duncan Forbes
aslan or add, by no means, not at all. aslan- mutlakan, absolutely never, by no means. a. asll, pure, of a noble family, ...
Compiled from Writings of the XII. XIII. XIV. and XV. Centuries by Francis Henry Stratmann
aslan slay, La~s. 22576; aslough (prit.) ...
Encyclopedia of Terrorism (2012)
by Peter Chalk
Hani Saleh Husan Hazmi, Nawaf al— Headley, David Iraqi, Abu Maysara aljarrah, Ziad Samir Kaczynski, Ted Khalaf, Salah Libi, Abu Faraj al— Lindh, john Walker MacStiofain, Sean Maskhadov, Aslan Aliyevich Masri, Abu Ayyub al— Masri, ...
Encyclopedia of Islam (2009)
by Juan Eduardo Campo
and Reza Aslan (University of California, Riverside ).
by Arthur MacNeill Horton, Jr., EdD, ABPP, ABPN, Chad A. Noggle, PhD, ABN, Raymond S. Dean, PhD, ABPP, ABN, ABPdN
Encephalocele is classified as large, mega, or giant depending upon the size of the protruding sac (Aslan et al., 2007). Other CNS defects that may be present as comorbid disorders include corpus callosum agenesis or dysgenesis, fusion of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aslan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aslan
Click on an item to view that photo:
via Instagram ift.tt/2gNp0Y8
Photo credit: icaroferracini
Photo credit: angela n.
Photo credit: sfllaw
Photo credit: tekrei
Photo credit: ISuckAtTakingPictures
taken by Jess
Photo credit: natematias
Photo credit: stella_gonzales2003
Photo credit: ♔ Georgie R
Highgate cemetery, London.
Photo credit: nagillum
C.S. Lewis Square Belfast
Photo credit: Paul Bowman
- Aslan - C.S. Lewis Square - Belfast
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more." CS Lewis
Photo credit: Paul Bowman
- Aslan's Baby Brother
Photo credit: nickstone333
Photo credit: morgandobbins
- Aslan, wet
He was dirty and needed a bath. DO NOT WANT.
Photo credit: scjody
This guy's a White Lion.
Photo credit: cardamom
- Aslan, imagen de Cristo
Photo credit: damur88
- Aslan, The Chronicle
Photo credit: ben.hannis
- Aslan / Acian
Photo credit: stella_gonzales2003
- Hi Aslan
Photo credit: Chris Winters
- Aslan at the Cat Cafe
Photo credit: BBurchell Photography
View more pictures about Reza Aslan.
Videos about Aslan
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aslan Meaning
Video shows what Aslan means. The lion from the Narnia Chronicles written by C. S. Lewis; an allegorical Christ figure.. Aslan Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Reza Aslan on how the meaning of Messiah got changed...
- Swissgolden Winter Leadership Cruise 2015. Mehti Aslan. Finger language
swissgolden.com #swissgolden Swissgolden Company provides services on purchasing, storage, delivery and distribution of gold bullion from 1 to 100 gram.
- Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (Aslan Description)
- Swissgolden Winter Leadership Cruise 2015 Mosque Mehti Aslan finger language 360p
See also the pronunciation examples of Aslan!
Quotes about Aslan
We will liberate our country from the occupying forces and put an end to relations between Russia and the Chechen State, no matter how difficult the task may be. (Aslan Maskhadov)
more quotes about aslan...
Scrabble value of A1S1L1A1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ASLAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aslan!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aslan to see it in context!