On this page:
Ate is sometimes a misspelling of eight.
The word ate is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
Definition of the noun ate
What does ate mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- ate: ates
- Ate: -
- goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment
- examples: I ate caviar. | During summer breaks, I ate dinner at midnight. | To my surprise, they ate the meat raw. | As he had no way of making fire, he ate the fish raw. | I went home and ate a hearty breakfast. | The lion ate the rabbit in one bite. | Before forks and chopsticks, people usually ate food with a piece of flat bread. | Although the fork entered society on the tables of rich people, many members of royalty, such as Elizabeth I of England and Louis XIV of France, ate with their fingers. | I ate a fresh lemon for the vitamin C. | I ate nothing but bread and butter.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- instance of: Greek deity = a deity worshipped by the ancient Greeks
"Ate" is a 2008 drama film written by Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil and directed by Lore Reyes.
- country: Philippines
- languages: Tagalog language, Filipino language
- producer: Ara Mina
- production design by Peque Gallaga
- written by Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil
- based on a story by Peque Gallaga
- cinematography by Rodel Bonus
- genre: Drama
- released on (7 years ago)
"Ate" a.k.a. "Até" is a musical album of The Hades Kick.
- read more about Até
Ate a.k.a. Antlers Municipal Airport is a public airport located one mile southwest of the central business district of Antlers, a city in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, United States. It is owned by the City of Antlers.
- Ate a.k.a. Atë, Até or Aite is the Greek goddess of mischief, delusion, ruin, and folly. Até also refers to the action performed by a hero, usually because of hubris, that often leads to his or her death or downfall. Mythology personifies Atë as the daughter either of Zeus or of Eris.
- Ate a.k.a. Atemble Language: Atemble, or Mand, is a Papuan language of Madang Province, Papua New Guinea.
- also known as Atemple-apris, Atemple
- Ate a.k.a. Garus Language: Garus, or Ate, is a Papuan language of Papua New Guinea.
- read more about Garus Language
- Ate a.k.a. ataxia telangiectasia mutated (includes complementation groups A, C and D) is a gene.
- also known as human phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase homolog; AT complementation group E; AT complementation group C; serine-protein kinase ATM; AT complementation group D; AT protein; AT mutated; AT complementation group A; ataxia telangiectasia mutated protein; TEL1, telomere maintenance 1, homolog
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Busy Man's Hand-book (1893)
A Condensed Cyclopedia of Historical, Geographical, Scriptural, Scientific, Legal, Social, Mercantile, Medical, and Useful Information
Sulph ate is the generic name of all the salts formed by the sulphuric acid. 4.
Mastering MIcrosoft VBA (2006)
Passwo rdTempl ate is an optional Variant argument that you can use to set a password for opening the template. 0 Reve rt is an optional Variant argument that specifies what Word should do if the Pi leName supplied matches a file that's ...
Climate Change (2002)
Critical Concepts in the Environment by Frank Chambers, Michael Ogle
The ordin- ate is the logarithm of the CO: pressure in the atmosphere; the abscissa is the corresponding total CO: amount present in both the oceans and atmosphere at equilibrium. The solid curves are for the CO: equilibrium only; the dashed ...
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
RUK PAI YAM ISN KAL TAG AKL PAL MOL KAG BLA SAB MUR MGY ACE * BAT MIN IND *SUN JAV MAD BAL SAS GOR DAA LIVER sayik x7oni a9ay ka¢ay atay agtay agtoy atay atay atoy atoy atay otoy atay arjkayaw ati ate ats-ats ati hati ...
by Harold L. Miller, Jr.
in Korean ; “John ate” versus “Ate John”). Under parametersetting accounts—perhaps ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ate
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Ate
Click on an item to play that video:
- The tower that ate people- lyrical meaning
Breakdown of Peter Gabriel's Tower That Ate People- meaning, please enjoy and share.
- Who ate all the pies Meaning
Video shows what who ate all the pies means. An interjection used pejoratively against a fat person. Who ate all the pies Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Genius explanation why the witch ate Hansel
- Pronunciation of words ending ...ate - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Verb Ate 'Em
- Basic English Language Training for ATE School Teachers
- The Dog that Ate Eggs - Aesop's Fables - ESL British English Pronunciation
- ATE 2010: AmeriDeck Full System Description
Russ Wallace introduces the AmeriDeck system at the American Towman Exposition 2010 and gives a full body description. AmeriDeck will be in attendance for ...
- Beauty Ate The Beast- Sadly Is an Adverb
View more videos about Cat That Ate the Canary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ate!
Quotes about Ate
If a rich man ate a snake, they would say it was because of his wisdom; if a poor man ate it, they would say it was because of his stupidity.
more quotes about ate...
Scrabble value of A1T1E1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ate!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ate to see it in context!