On this page:
- Definition of the adjective atlantic
- Phrases with Atlantic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atlantic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atlantic
- Photos about Atlantic
- Videos about Atlantic
- Sign language
- Quotes about Atlantic
- Scrabble value of A1T1L1A1N1T1I1C3
- Anagrams of ATLANTIC
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective atlantic
What does atlantic mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more atlantic / most atlantic
- relating to or bordering the Atlantic Ocean
- example: Atlantic currents
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective atlantic
- Pertaining to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Pertaining to locations adjacent to or in the vicinity of the Atlantic Ocean, such as the British Isles or the Eastern seaboard of the USA.
- Pertaining to the legendary island of Atlantis.
- Pertaining to the Atlantic language family.
- Atlantic a.k.a. Atlantic Records is an American record label best known for its numerous recordings of rhythm and blues, rock and roll, jazz, and hip hop. Over its first 20 years of operation Atlantic earned a reputation as one of the most important American recording labels, specializing in jazz, R&B and soul recordings by African-American artists, a position greatly enhanced by its distribution deal with Stax Records.
- read more about Atlantic Records
- Atlantic is a cinema in Warsaw, notable as the oldest cinema still operating in that city. It was opened to the public in 1930 as a luxurious cinema with expensive tickets. As the only cinema in Warsaw it survived the Warsaw Uprising and was refurbished after the war.
- official website: www.kinoatlantic.pl
- Atlantic a.k.a. Atlantic Express is an airline based at Exeter International Airport in the United Kingdom. It started operations in 2008 following the collapse in 2007 of the original airline which flew the route from Jersey Airport to London Stansted Airport. Services terminated on 15 January 2007. But services from Stansted to Jersey are going to restart in May 2009. The flights will be daily and operated with ATR 72 aircraft with airline, Aurigny.
- Atlantic is a musical group.
- Atlantic is a musical group.
- album: "Life Lately"
There are other groups with in their name, like New Atlantic, Atlantic Dash, Atlantic Drop, Twin Atlantic, Atlantic Ocean, Atlantic Popes, Atlantic Shore, Atlantic Starr, Grand Atlantic, Atlantic Victory, Atlantic/Pacific, Picture Atlantic, Atlantic Conveyor, Atlantic Crossing, Over the Atlantic, The Black Atlantic, The North Atlantic, Across the Atlantic, Freeze the Atlantic and Surface of Atlantic.
- "Atlantic" is a British black-and-white film, directed and produced by Ewald André Dupont and starring Franklin Dyall and Madeleine Carroll. Originally, two versions were made, the English and German-language version Atlantik were shot simultaneously. Subsequently the production of a French version began in spring 1930 using different footage and partially an altered storyline. The fourth version was released as a silent film.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- director: E. A. Dupont
- producers: E. A. Dupont & John Maxwell
- written by Ernest Raymond
- cinematography by Charles Rosher
- edited by Emile de Ruelle
- music by John Reynders
- genres: Disaster Film, Black-and-white, Drama
- tagline: A thunderbolt of drama impossible to describe!
- released on (85 years ago)
- "Atlantic" a.k.a. "Atlantic." is a film, directed by Jan-Willem van Ewijk.
- "Atlantic" is a song performed and composed by English alternative rock band Keane, released as the first single from their second studio album Under the Iron Sea, firstly as a download only music video and later as a 7" Vinyl limited edition. The song was premiered at a secret gig in London on 5 April 2006.
- "Atlantic" is a musical album of They Go Boom!!.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is the debut album by Italian post-hardcore band Dufresne. It was released October 13, 2006.
- genre: Screamo
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is the first studio album by the South African mathcore band Theatre. The album was released on 10 December 2010.
- "Atlantic" is a musical album of The Wounded.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical EP of Frontier Theory.
- released in (29 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical EP of Tarantula A.D..
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical album of Tycho Brahe.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical EP of Rainer Maria.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical EP of Southern Shores.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical album of First Signs of Frost.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical single of Sonar Kollektiv Orchester.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Atlantic" is a musical album of David Walters.
- Atlantic is a city in, and the county seat of, Cass County, Iowa, United States, located along the East Nishnabotna River. The population was 7,112 in the 2010 census, a decline from the 7,257 population in the 2000 census.
- Atlantic is a census-designated place in Crawford County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 43 at the 2000 census.
- Atlantic is an unincorporated community in eastern Carteret County situated along the Core Sound, located in what was known to early settlers of the area as Hunting Quarters. It is the location of US 70's eastern terminus and the ferry terminal for journeys to North Core Banks in the Cape Lookout National Seashore. The community is located east of the United States Marine Corps installation MCOLF Atlantic which is primarily used for helicopter and aggressor force exercises. The installation sees limited use but is manned around the clock by a security unit from MCAS Cherry Point. Atlantic is home to Luther L. Smith and Son Seafood, the last operating fish house in Atlantic. Drum Inlet Marina, the most suitable location to embark to the outer banks, is a full-service harbor. Commercial fishing has long been the primary means of earning a living in this community.
- Atlantic is the northernmost neighborhood of the Rainier Valley, USA, between Mount Baker Ridge and Beacon Hill. Atlantic is located in the Central District of east-central Seattle, Washington, though it may also be considered part of South Seattle and the Rainier Valley. Atlantic contains the Judkins Park neighborhood.
- also known as Atlantic, Seattle, Washington; Atlantic, Seattle
- neighborhood of Seattle, Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Atlantic Station is an at-grade light rail station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located at the intersection of Atlantic and Pomona Boulevards in East Los Angeles. The station is served by the Gold Line. It is the southeastern terminus of the Gold Line.
- Atlantic is a Staten Island Railway station in the neighborhood of Tottenville, Staten Island, New York. Located roughly at Fisher Avenue and Arthur Kill Road on the main line, it is at grade level with side platforms that can hold only one car. Only the last car of a train goes to the platform. Access to the northbound platform is via the short dead-end Tracy Avenue off of Arthur Kill Road between Fisher and Wood Avenues, while the southbound platform is reached from an entrance on Ellis Street. An overpass links both platforms. One can see the original, pre-1990s SIRT station components on this line--steel corrugated walls, overpasses and original 4-foot-high station pipe railings with faded signs. The station gets its name from the former Atlantic Terra Cotta factory, which was located near the station.
There are other places with in their name, like Mid-Atlantic, Atlantic Mine, Atlantic Wall, Atlantic Beach, Atlantic Ocean, Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic Canada, Atlantic County, Atlantic Forest, Atlantic College, Atlantic Village, Atlantic Highlands, Mid-Atlantic Ridge, Atlantic Ocean Road, Mid-Atlantic states, Atlantic Coastal Plain, Atlantic Union College, College of the Atlantic.
- The Atlantic in palaeoclimatology was the warmest and moistest Blytt-Sernander period, pollen zone and chronozone of Holocene northern Europe. The climate was generally warmer than today. It was preceded by the Boreal, with a climate similar to today’s, and was followed by the Subboreal, a transition to the modern. Because it was the warmest period of the Holocene, the Atlantic is often referenced more directly as the Holocene climatic optimum, or just climatic optimum.
- The Atlantic was built in 1903 by Townsend and Downey shipyard, and designed by William Gardner, for Wilson Marshall. The three-masted schooner was skippered by Charlie Barr and it set the record for fastest transatlantic passage by a monohull in the 1905 Kaiser's Cup race. The record remained unbroken for nearly 100 years.
- The Atlantic was a passenger train operated by Via Rail, serving both Canadian and U.S. territory between Montreal, Quebec and Halifax, Nova Scotia. It was previously operated by Canadian Pacific Railway as The Atlantic Limited between Montreal and Saint John, New Brunswick. It formed part of the transcontinental service for both systems.
- Atlantic was an Italian toy manufacturing company based in Treviglio from 1966 to 1984. In the 1970s it became widely popular both in Italy and in Europe as a producer of 1:32- and HO-scale toy soldiers. The original Atlantic company ceased to exist in 1984; in the late 1990s, the "Atlantic" brand and logo were acquired by Nexus Editrice.
- Atlantic was the name of an very early American steam locomotive built by inventor and foundry owner Phineas Davis for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad in 1832. It is in fact the first commercially successful and practical American built locomotive and class prototype, and Davis' second constructed for the B&O, his first having won a design competition contest announced by the B&O in 1830. ATLANTICS are also the name given an entire and famous class of high speed 4-4-2 classed passenger service locomotives developed by the Baldwin Locomotive Works between 1887–1894 for express passenger services.
- Atlantic was a British Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. In a career that lasted from July 1873 to September 1874 he ran twelve times and won six races. After a promising, but unremarkable two-year-old season in 1873 he improved to become one of the best British colts of his generation, winning the 2000 Guineas and finishing third in the Epsom Derby. His success was achieved despite his racing career being adversely affected by his tendency to break blood vessels in his races. Atlantic was the first Classic winner ridden by Fred Archer. After his retirement, Atlantic was exported to France, where he became a successful and influential sire of winners.
- born in (145 years ago)
- Atlantic was a large supermarket chain in Greece. Atlantic supermarkets were founded in 1980 by Panayiotis Apostolou. Up to 1985 the company was a small chain with just 5 stores. After 1985 the company expanded rapidly through both organic growth and a number of acquisitions and takeovers. Atlantic was a public company and its shares used to trade in the Athens Stock Exchange from 2000 up to 2010. As of 2006-2007, the company had 182 stores nationwide and was the fifth largest supermarket chain in Greece as measured by market share. The company had also operated a franchise network of smaller stores branded ARISTA. Since 2009 the company had suffered from serious financial difficulties and eventually went into liquidation. The company ceased all trading as of 3 August 2011.
- Atlantic was launched in 1783. She made one voyage from England to Australia in 1791 carrying convicts. Later, she made one voyage for the East India Company. Subsequently she sailed to Smyrna, Surinam, and Gibraltar, before she disappears from records in 1810.
- The Atlantic was made by Atlantic AG für Automobilbau, Berlin, from 1921 to 1923. It was a single-track car with two auxiliary side wheels and a two-seat tandem body. An air-cooled 2-cylinder 1.8/6.5PS engine was used.
- Atlantic a.k.a. Essex Junior: The sloop Essex Junior, formerly the British whaler Atlantic, Captain Obadiah Wier, was captured by the frigate Essex, Captain David Porter, off the Galapagos Islands on 29 April 1813. Porter took Atlantic to use as a tender, named her Essex Junior, and placed her under the command of Commander John Downes. The British recaptured her on 28 March 1814 when the captured Essex. They then sent Essex Junior to New York as a cartel.
- read more about Essex Junior
Phrases with Atlantic
- atlantic cod
- Atlantic Ivy
- Atlantic Oak
- Atlantic Abra
- Atlantic Seal
- Atlantic Shad
- Atlantic Sole
- atlantic time
- Atlantic Bluet
- Atlantic Camas
- atlantic coast
- Atlantic Isles
- atlantic manta
- Atlantic Morum
- Atlantic Nesta
- Atlantic Razor
- Atlantic Saury
- Atlantic Sedge
- Atlantic Spike
View more phrases with the word Atlantic in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atlantic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Atlantic. for all types of authentication data (e.g., PAP passwords, CHAP challenges and responses). Using RADIUS, a client can exchange authentication , access control, accounting, and device configuration information with a RADIUS server.
by Marco Rimanelli
to NATO as partners for shared Euro—Atlantic security; and led NATO peacekeepers (in Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan) and multinational ...
Dictionary Of Environment (2008)
by Kulwant Rai Gupta, Ashish Kumar Gupta & Suriti Gupta
In the Atlantic, winds transport warm tropical surface water northward where it cools, ...
Dictionary of Military Terms (2009)
by U.S. Department of Defense
communications staff officer North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Army Armaments Group North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Air Center; North Atlantic Council (NATO) National Military Command System ( NMCS) ...
The popular encyclopedia; or, 'Conversations Lexicon': [ed. by A. Whitelaw from the Encyclopedia Americana]. (1883)
by Popular encyclopedia
ATLANTIC OCEAN. ATLANTIC TELEGRAPH— ATMOSPHERE. ATMOSPHERIC RAILWAY— ATOMIC THEORY. ATOMIC THEORY— ATREUS.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atlantic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Atlantic
Click on an item to view that photo:
grim Monday, hope everyone had a better one...
Photo credit: nosha
Photo credit: SphotoE
Photo credit: enki22
- Atlantic Station
Photo credit: ChrisYunker
- Dragonfly Mid Atlantic
Photo credit: Michele Dorsey Walfred
- Atlantic Sunrise
Sunrise on the Atlantic Ocean a few miles off of Miami
Photo credit: dgreichert
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Atlantic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Atlantic Meaning
Video shows what Atlantic means. The Atlantic Ocean.. Atlantic Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Atlantic. Powered by ...
- Atlantic Cross Currents - F12 Student Documentaries - The Meaning of Food
- Atlantic Renewables Solar PV Inverter Explanation
Atlantic Renewables showcase a 3.6 kW Aurora Inverter for a 4kW Solar PV Panel Installation, for more info go to...
- Vocabulary of the Day : Hurricane Claudette Tropical Storm Atlantic Season Yucatan Peninsula
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Euro Atlantic Partnership Council
- One day in Dublin / Atlantic Language Dublin
Atlantic Language Dublin is a dynamic, state of the art English language school based in the heart of Dublin city where cutting edge programmes and activities ...
- Junior Summer Programme - GMIT / Atlantic Language Galway
- Atlantic Language school in Dublin
- Ulster Business Achiever - Atlantic Language Galway
The English Language School, Atlantic Language Galway were delighted to win the Ulster Bank Achievers Award for International Business in Connaught in ...
- University Foundation Programme / Atlantic Language Galway & Dublin
- Galway City/ Atlantic Language Galway
- Galway Arts Festival / Atlantic Language Galway
- Family Package Programme / Atlantic Language Galway
- English Courses in Dublin, Ireland at Atlantic Language - Out-going.net
- Atlantic Language Galway
Escuela de ingles en Galway, Irlanda. English Language School in Galway, Ireland.
- Discover friend Ireland with Atlantic Language Galway junior program!
Guaranteed fun, learning and great memories!
- Brazilian Christmas song - Atlantic Language
- Atlantic Galway Language School: Accomodation
Order a brochure free of charge at...
- Goose Verb Mid Atlantic Regional
- Atlantic Language Galway
- Atlantic Language Services
- Thriller - Atlantic Language Galway 2010
Thriller by students of Atlantic Language Galway - 2010.
- Zumba 26/7/2012 GMIT Galway 2012 (Piccadilly School & Atlantic Language Galway)
- College Atlantic Language Galway
- Zumba 26/7/2012 GMIT Galway 2012 (Piccadilly School & Atlantic Language Galway)
- Irish Dancing at Atlantic Language Galway
- Atlantic Language School - Dublin
- Farewell-Party at Atlantic Language School
- Atlantic Language School 2006 School interior
- Atlantic Language School 2006 About the school
View more videos about Atlantic Arc, Atlantic Isles, Atlantic Ocean, North Atlantic, Atlantic Canada, Atlantic salmon, Atlantic tomcod, Atlantic halibut, Atlantic herring, Atlantic pollock, Atlantic pomfret, Atlantic provinces, and Atlantic Standard Time.
See also the pronunciation examples of Atlantic!
Impractical Jokers LIVE- (Sign Language) Atlantic City 6/28/14
Live @ the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City.
Quotes about Atlantic
Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him until he emerges on the other side of his atlantic with his verb in his mouth. (Mark Twain)
more quotes about atlantic...
Scrabble value of A1T1L1A1N1T1I1C3
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ATLANTIC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Atlantic!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Atlantic to see it in context!