The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun atm:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun atm
- Definition of the adverb atm
- Other definitions of atm
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atm
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atm
- Photos about Atm
- Videos about Atm
- Quotes about Atm
- Scrabble value of A1T1M3
- Anagrams of ATM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun atm
What does atm mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- atm: -
- ATM: -
- a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade
- a means of digital communications that is capable of very high speeds; suitable for transmission of images or voice or video as well as data
- example: ATM is used for both LAN and WAN
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of ATM: asynchronous transfer mode
- more generic terms: data communication / digital communication = electronic transmission of information that has been encoded digitally
- an unattended machine (outside some banks) that dispenses money when a personal coded card is used
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of ATM: automated teller / automated teller machine / automatic teller / automatic teller machine / cash dispenser / cash machine
- more generic word: machine = any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
Definition of the adverb atm
What does atm mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- [Internet slang] [initialism of, at the moment]
Other definitions of atm
What does atm also mean?
- atmosphere (as a unit of pressure)
- [Internet slang] [initialism of, at the moment]
- "ATM" is a 2012 American horror-thriller film directed by David Brooks and starring Brian Geraghty, Alice Eve, and Josh Peck.
- also known as ATM - Tödliche Falle, ATM: El Cajero del Terror, Cajero automático, 取款機殺人夜, 自動取款機
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Paul Brooks & Peter Safran
- executive producers: Leon Clarance, Dan Clifton, Éva Alexander
- production design by Craig Sandells
- written by Chris Sparling
- based on a story by Chris Sparling & Ron Tippe
- Alice Eve as Emily
- Josh Peck as Corey
- Brian Geraghty as David Hargrove
- Mike O'Brian as The Man
- Robert Huculak as Robert
- Ernesto Griffith as Security Guard
- Bryan Clark as Jerry
- Daniel De Jaeger as Luke
- Omar Khan as Christian
- Aaron Hughes as Patrolman
- Will Woytowich as Sargent
- Glen Thompson as Harold
- Edgar Governo
- cinematography by Bengt Jonsson
- edited by David Brooks
- music by David Buckley
- costume design by Patricia J. Henderson
- set decoration by Bill MacInnis
- genres: Thriller, Horror
- released on
- "ATM" a.k.a. "ATM: Er Rak Error": ATM is a 2012 romantic comedy film directed by Mez Tharatorn.
- read more about ATM: Er Rak Error
- "ATM" is a book by Timothy Kwok.
- also known as "ATM: the new paradigm for Internet, Intranet, and residential broadband services and applications"
- "ATM" is a book by L. G. Cuthbert.
- also known as "ATM: the broadband telecommunications solution"
- "ATM" is a book by William Flanagan.
ATM is a fictional character from the 2004 film Shankar Dada MBBS.
"ATM" is a musical single of Busdriver.
- released on (4 years ago)
ATM is a musical group.
- album: "Way Late and Waiting..."
- official website: www.badstainrecords.com/atm
ATM a.k.a. Azienda Trasporti Milanesi is a public company, responsible for public transportation in Milan city and some surrounding municipalities, in Italy. It operates 18 tram lines, part of which are run with Peter Witt streetcars from the 1920s, 82 urban Bus lines, 4 Trolleybus lines, 35 interurban Bus lines, 4 underground lines, carrying over 734 million passengers in 2010.
- read more about Azienda Trasporti Milanesi
Atm a.k.a. Altamira Airport is the airport serving Altamira, Brazil.
- part of Brazil
- official website: www.infraero.gov.br/index.php/br/aeroportos/para/aeroporto-de-altamira.html
- ATM is a ZX Spectrum clone, developed in Moscow, in 1991, by two firms, MicroArt and ATM. It has an Z80 at 7 MHz, 1024 kB RAM, 128 kB ROM, AY-8910, 8-bit DAC, 8-bit 8-channel ADC, RS-232, Centronics, Beta Disk Interface, IDE interface, AT/XT keyboard, text mode, and 3 graphics modes.
- Atm a.k.a. Ata Language: Ata is a possible extinct Aeta language of Mabinay in the Philippines.
- Atm a.k.a. ATM! is a show aired on XHJUB-TV, a Televisa station in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico. It is a musical hour consisting of Mexican country music clips. It is hosted by Enrique Tovar and Tania Reza.
- Atm is a protein.
- also known as Ataxia telangiectasia mutated
- Atm is a file format.
- Atm a.k.a. ataxia telangiectasia mutated (includes complementation groups A, C and D) is a gene.
- also known as human phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase homolog; AT complementation group E; AT complementation group C; serine-protein kinase ATM; AT complementation group D; AT protein; AT mutated; AT complementation group A; ataxia telangiectasia mutated protein; TEL1, telomere maintenance 1, homolog
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atm
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
As described above, ATM is the emerging standard for communications. This is possible because ATM is available at...
by Lawrence A. Tomei
ATM is the technology selected in 1998 by the Consultative Committee on International Telephone & Telegraph...
ATM is a cell relay, circuit-switching network, and data link layer protocol that encodes data traffic into small fixed- sized cells.
Building Broadband Networks (2002)
by Marlyn Kemper Littman
ATM is a high-speed, high-performance multiplexing and switching technology that provides bandwidth on-demand for seamless transport of full-motion video, audio, data, animations, and still images in local and wider area environments.
ATM is the result of the standards bodies attempting to develop every-man s protocol. It was designed to be able to carry all types of transmission efficiently — data, voice, and video. Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) actually uses a ...
by Anu Gokhale
ATM is a telecommunications concept defined by the ANSI and the ITU standards committees for the transport of a broad range of user information — voice, data, and video communication. It can aggregate user traffic from multiple applications ...
Wireless Networks (2003)
by Georgios I. Papadimitriou, Andreas S. Pomportsis, P. Nicopolitidis, Mohammed S. Obaidat
Thus, ATM is the technology of choice for multimedia networking applications that demand both large bandwidths and QoS guarantees since these properties...
ATM is a packet-switching technology that somewhat resembles frame relay.
TCP/IP, ATM, SDH/SONET, and WDM/Optics by Byeong Gi Lee, Woojune Kim
ATM is a connection-oriented method that transfers service information through the establishment of VCs. A connection identifier is assigned whenever a VC is established and is removed when the connection is released. This identifier ...
by Sastri L. Kota, Kaveh Pahlavan, Pentti A. Leppänen
ATM is an International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T)...
ATM is a cell-switching and multiplexing technology that combines the benefits of circuit switching (guaranteed capacity and constant ...
Encyclopedia of Cancer (2011)
by Manfred Schwab
Characteristics ATM is a large, heavily phosphorylated protein of 370 kDa containing 3,056 amino acids.
by Harvey Lehpamer
ATM 3.5.1 ATM Basics ATM is the complement of STM. STM is a circuit- switched networking mechanism whereby a...
ATM is a transmission technology that uses fixed-size packets called cells.
by A.P.Godse, D.A.Godse
ATM is a method of multiplexing and relaying (cell-switching) 53-byte cells containing either text data packets or compressed images, real-time audio or video information. ATM has increasingly been used for transferring real time multimedia ...
ATM is the result of the standards bodies attempting to develop every-man s protocol. It was designed to be able to carry all types of transmission efficiently — data, voice, and video. Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) actually ...
RECUEIL DES TEXTES DE LOIS RELATIFS A by PHILIP FORSANG; SERGE-DELORS NDIKUM
Les présentes dispositions n'excluent pas la notification de toute situation qui pourrait compromettre la sécurité des aéronefs, et qui présente un intérêt spécifique pour l'ATM. Doivent être notifiés dans les catégories suivantes, les types ...
For Information and Communication Technologies and Related Areas by J. Vlietstra
Analytical Information Management System Absolute Assembly Language Asynchronous transfer mode Adaption Layer ATM Adaptation Layer (ATM = Asynchronous Transfer Mode) Automated Assembly Line ATM Adaptation Layer protocol ...
by J.K. Petersen
asynchronous transfer mode ATM. ATM is a highly significant protocol due to its flexibility and widespread use for Internet connectivity. It is a high-speed, cell- based, connection-oriented, packet transmission protocol for handling data with ...
An Encyclopedia by Rik W. Hafer
AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM) While these possible interpretations are not necessarily exclusive, they do suggest reasons why the asymmetric directive lasted for so many years. In the end, the 2000 change signifies a move toward ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atm
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Atm
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: PetroleumJelliffe
On the road
Photo credit: Damian Gadal
Photo credit: nopodemosmas
Photo credit: Phalinn Ooi
Photo credit: xurde
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
they Use the ATM!
Photo credit: marshillonline
Photo credit: nicocrisafulli
Skoufa Str, Athens, Greece.
Photo credit: Tilemahos Efthimiadis
Photo credit: break.things
Photo credit: D()MENICK
A well-decorated ATM in Nolita.
Photo credit: Phil Roeder
In the Maya city Tulum in Mexico
Photo credit: Marit & Toomas Hinnosaar
- Bitcoin ATM
Photo credit: ::Tanty::
- Triton ATM Cash Machine
Photo credit: InfoCash
- Close look to the Bitcoin ATM
Photo credit: ::Tanty::
- Latin ATM
Inserito scidulam quaeso ut faciundam cognoscas rationem
Photo credit: sethschoen
- ATM Number Pad
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Chase ATM Error
Yup, it's Windows.
Photo credit: joshmadison
- Cash out the ATM
Photo credit: Ben Popken
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Atm
Click on an item to play that video:
- ATM Meaning
Video shows what ATM means. or. ATM pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. ATM meaning. Powered by MaryTTS.
- Atm Meaning
Video shows what atm means. atmosphere (as a unit of pressure). Atm Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say atm. Powered by ...
- BSP seeks explanation on ATM fee increase
Pinagpapaliwanag ng Bangko Sentral ang mga bangko na nakatakdang magtaas ng interbank transaction fee sa mga ATM. Magba-Bandila si Jenny Reyes.
- New definition of ATM (Any Time Milk)
Marketing wing of India's biggest milk cooperative at Gujarat's Anand has given a new definition of ATM . Yes Not Any time money but Any Time Milk. India's first ...
- Cashpoint (ATM) with Cocky Rhyming Slang!
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- Definition of Mind = Any Time Misery (ATM) - Aug. 21, 2014
- ESL How To Use A Cash Machine (ATM) - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Roslyn Young ATM Video Gattegno Visible and Tangible Language
- Puppet Awareness Video on ATM Security in English Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Atm!
Quotes about Atm
Scrabble value of A1T1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine