On this page:
- Atoka is a city in, and county seat of, Atoka County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 3,107 at the 2010 census, an increase of 4.0 percent from 2,988 at the 2000 census.
- Atoka is a town in Tipton County, Tennessee. As an incorporated municipality and as of the 2010 census, Atoka has the second largest population in Tipton County, second only to Covington, the county seat. Between 1990 and 2010, Atoka experienced a huge increase in population. In 1990, the population was 659; by 2010, the population had jumped to 8,387. Atoka's origins, as a municipality in Tennessee, can be traced back to the 1838 charter of Portersville, Tennessee. World War I Medal of Honor recipient Sgt.Joseph B. Adkison lived in the city limits of Atoka and is buried nearby.
- Atoka a.k.a. Atoka, Virginia: Atoka is an unincorporated community in Fauquier County, Virginia, United States. Atoka is located along U.S. Route 50 4 miles west of Middleburg.
- read more about Atoka, Virginia
- ATOKA is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as ATOKA waypoint, ATOKA fix, waypoint ATOKA, fix ATOKA
- Atoka a.k.a. Atoka, New Mexico: Atoka is a census-designated place in Eddy County, New Mexico, United States. Its population was 1,077 as of the 2010 census. U.S. Route 285 passes through the community.
- read more about Atoka, New Mexico
Atoka a.k.a. The Atoka meteorite is an L6 meteorite which was observed to fall to earth near Atoka, Oklahoma, in 1945. It weighs 1,384 grams.
- read more about Atoka meteorite
Phrases with Atoka
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atoka
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carol Smallwood
Atoka is a county in: A. New Mexico B. Pennsylvania C. Oklahoma D. Arizona E. None .29. Which play was not written by William Shakespeare: A. The Comedy of Errors B. Don yuan C. Twelfth Night D. The Winter's Tale E. None JO.
Shot in Oklahoma (2012)
A Century of Sooner State Cinema by John Wooley
Atoka is a total embarrassment for the filmmakers, the festival and the talent involved. The movie wastes some of the greatest musical talent ever included on a concert film. . . . Atoka, now showing at the Fontana and Forum Theaters, is a ...
Stratigraphic and Sedimentologic Analysis of the "middle Bloyd" Sandstone (Morrowan) in Outcrops, Mount Judea & Lurton Quadrangles, Newton County, Northern Arkansas (2008)
Above the Bloyd Formation is the Atoka Formation. The Atoka is a sequence of marine, mostly tan to gray silty sandstone and grayish-black shale (McFarland, 2004). Previous Investigations In northwest Arkansas, the middle Bloyd sandstone ...
Atoka is a town on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad, ...
The name may be from atoge, north, but atoka also means cranberries. \ Taug-ha' -nick is locally pronounced Ti-kaw-nik, and is applied to a creek and falls. It has several forms and may be a corruption of an Iroquois name, but seems an ...
Atoka is a town on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad, in the Choctaw Nation, where the Rev. Alexander Reid labored for a time. A.D.. 1883.] BOARD. or. HOME. mssrons. 755.
by William Martin Beauchamp
The name may be from atoge, north, but atoka also means cranberries. Taug-ha'- nick is locally pronounced Ti-kaw-nik, and is applied to a creek and falls. It has several forms and may be a corruption of an Iroquois name, but seems an ...
by Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. General Assembly
Atoka is a town on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad, in the Choctaw Nation, where the Rev. Alexander Reid labored for a time. A.D. 1883.] BOARD OF HOME MISSIONS ...
by Francis Aloysius Bogadek
Arnett Asher Atoka 1 A vard Bartlesville 6 Beaver City Beggs Bennington Ber\vyn Bigheart Biilings Binger Bixby iBlackburn Blackwell 3 Blair Blanchard Bluejacket Bokohito Bokoshe Boley 1 Bosvell Bovnton Braggs Bra man Bridgeport Bristow ...
Encyclopedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Atoka formation (Chickalioc chert lentil) Wapanucka limestone. Mississippian. Caney shale.
by Gwendolyn Lewise Werth Luttrell, Marilyn L. Hubert, Virginia M. Jussen, Geological Survey (U.S.)
or unconformably underlies Atoka Formation 10. Type section: Measured Section 42, on bluff immediately E of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atoka
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Atoka
Whittington Real Estate, Atoka, Oklahoma
Photo credit: peggydavis66
Scrabble value of A1T1O1K5A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ATOKA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Atoka!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Atoka to find many related words and phrases!