Atomic Number 33
On this page:
Definition of the noun atomic number 33
What does atomic number 33 mean as a name of something?
- a very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms; arsenic and arsenic compounds are used as herbicides and insecticides and various alloys; found in arsenopyrite and orpiment and realgar
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- scientific name: As
- synonym of atomic number 33: arsenic
- more generic terms: chemical element / element = any of the more than 100 known substances (of which 92 occur naturally) that cannot be separated into simpler substances and that singly or in combination constitute all matter
- substance of: arsenopyrite / mispickel = a silver-white or grey ore of arsenic; orpiment = a yellow mineral occurring in conjunction with realgar; realgar = a rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide; herbicide / weed killer / weedkiller = a chemical agent that destroys plants or inhibits their growth; insect powder / insecticide = a chemical used to kill insects
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Atomic Number 33
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Subjective health care viewed with an objective eye by Joseph Segen
A metallic element (atomic number 33, atomic weight 74.92) that has been linked to deficiency states in some plants and animals; arsenic has no known physiological rule in humans, and in large amounts, is extremely toxic. See Arsenicum ...
by Anand Dhingra
the periodic table, having atomic number 33 and relative atomic mass 74.92. It exists in allotropic forms such as yellow, black and grey. The grey form is most stable. Arsenic is found in the natural state and also in several ores including ...
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
arsenic A chemical element, atomic number 33, atomic weight 74.92, ...
by Donald Venes
922, atomic number 33, specific gravity ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Atomic Number 33
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Atomic Number 33 to find many related words and phrases!