On this page:
- Definition of the noun augment
- Definition of the verb augment
- Printed books with definitions for Augment
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Augment
- Photos about Augment
- Video language resources about Augment
- Quotes about Augment
- Scrabble value of A1U1G2M3E1N1T1
- Anagrams of AUGMENT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun augment
What does augment mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: augments
- [grammar] In some Indo-European languages, a prefix e- (a- in Sanskrit) indicating a past tense of a verb.
Definition of the verb augment
What does augment mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: augmented | augmenting | augments
- enlarge or increase
- grow or intensify
Definition of the verb augment for high school students
- to add to, expand
- example: The eager student seeks to augment his knowledge of French vocabulary by reading French literature.
The verb augment is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- Augment: In linguistics, the augment is a syllable added to the beginning of the word in certain Indo-European languages, most notably Greek, Armenian, and the Indo-Iranian languages such as Sanskrit, to form the past tenses.
- Augment is a term used to describe a group of genetically engineered Humans created by DNA resequencing in the late 20th century, a group of Klingons, and other genetically-engineered beings. Those from the 20th century were also called supermen. The Augments were designed to be stronger, faster, and more intelligent than a normal Human being. Even their resistance to energy weapons was improved, as it took multiple shots with a phase pistol to stun one.
- Augment: The Augments are a genetically enhanced group of Humans in the science fiction television series Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: Enterprise. They are also referred to as supermen.
Printed books with definitions for Augment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Last and most impressive teachings of the Buddha about Reality and the True Self by Dr. Tony Page
To augment means to learn and practise the four dhyanas. The Master refers to the fruitions of srotapanna and sakrdagamin. To lead refers to the fruition of the anagamin; "superior", to that of arhatship.
A Lexicon to Aeschylus (1847)
by William Linwood
Upon the omission of the syllabic augment in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Augment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Augment
If you need images about Augment for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about Augment
Click on an item to play that video:
- Augment Meaning
Video shows what augment means. To increase; to make larger or supplement.. To grow; to increase; to become greater.. To slow the tempo or meter, e.g. for a ...
- Vocabulary: How to Augment Your Vocabulary!
A short talk outlining various methods of how to study vocabulary! Great for students of all ages!
- ESL Vocabulary : augment
- ESL Vocabulary : augment
See also the pronunciation examples of Augment!
Quotes about Augment
If the quantity of labour realized in commodities, regulate their exchangeable value, every increase of the quantity of labour must augment the value of that commodity on which it is exercised, as every diminution must lower it. (David Ricardo)
more quotes about augment...
Scrabble value of A1U1G2M3E1N1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AUGMENT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Augment!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Augment to see it in context!