On this page:
- Aus a.k.a. Australia, or colloquially, officially the Commonwealth of Australia, is a country comprising the mainland of the Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and numerous smaller islands. It is the world's sixth-largest country by total area. Neighbouring countries include Indonesia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the north; the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu to the north-east; and New Zealand to the south-east.
- also known as The Commonwealth of Australia, Commonwealth of Australia
- founded on (115 years ago)
- part of Australasia, Oceania, Australian Continent
- instance of: country / land / state = the territory occupied by a nation
- capital of Australia / Australian capital / Canberra = the capital of Australia
- Australian state = one of the several states constituting Australia
- Queensland = a state in northeastern Australia
- New South Wales = an Australian state in southeastern Australia
- Victoria = a state in southeastern Australia
- Tasmania = an Australian state on the island of Tasmania
- South Australia = a state in south central Australia
- Western Australia = a state containing the western third of Australia
- Northern Territory = a territory in north central Australia
- Norfolk Island = an island territory of Australia in the Pacific Ocean off the eastern coast of Australia
- Nullarbor Plain = a vast arid plain of southern Australia stretching inland from the Great Australian Bight; has sparse vegetation and no surface water and is almost uninhabited
- Gibson Desert = a desert area in western Australia
- Great Sandy Desert = a desert region in northwestern Australia to the north of the Gibson Desert
- Great Victoria Desert = a desert region in south central Australia to the north of the Nullarbor Plain
- Simpson Desert = a desert region of central Australia
- Australian Alps = a range of mountains in Australia that forms the southern end of the Great Dividing Range
- Cape York = the northern tip of Cape York Peninsula at the Torres Strait
- Cape York Peninsula = a peninsula in Queensland in northeastern Australia between the Gulf of Carpentaria and the Coral Sea
- Lake Eyre / Eyre = a shallow salt lake in south central Australia about 35 feet below sea level
- Eyre Peninsula = a peninsula of southern Australia
- Great Australian Bight = a wide bay of the Indian Ocean in southern Australia
- Great Barrier Reef = the largest coral reef in the world
- Great Dividing Range / Eastern Highlands = a mountain range running along the eastern coast of Australia
- Gulf of Carpentaria / Carpentaria = a wide shallow inlet of the Arafura Sea in northern Australia
- Murray River / Murray = a southeast Australian river
- Murrumbidgee River / Murrumbidgee = a river of southeastern Australia
- Namoi River / Namoi = a river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River
- member of: British Commonwealth / Commonwealth of Nations = an association of nations consisting of the United Kingdom and several former British colonies that are now sovereign states but still pay allegiance to the British Crown; British Empire = a former empire consisting of Great Britain and all the territories under its control; reached its greatest extent at the end of World War I; it included the British Isles, British West Indies, Canada, British Guiana
- member: Australian / Aussie = a native or inhabitant of Australia
- read more about Australia (country)
- Aus a.k.a. Austin–Bergstrom International Airport or ABIA is a Class C international airport located in Austin, Texas – the capital of Texas, and serving the Greater Austin metropolitan area, the 34th-largest metropolitan area in the United States. Located about 5 miles southeast of Downtown Austin, it covers 4,242 acres and has two runways and three helipads. The airport is named after Captain John August Earl Bergstrom, an officer who served for the 19th Bombardment Group.
- "Aus" is a musical single of Nina Kraviz & King Aus On The Mic.
- released on
- "Aus" is a composition.
- music by Christian Fennesz
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Materia Magica (2010)
by Draja Mickaharic
Aus means OUT in German. In southern Germany, aus is a ...
Female Urology (2008)
Text with DVD by Shlomo Raz, Larissa V. Rodriguez
The AUS is an effective alternative to the urethral sling for the treatment of urinary incontinence caused by primary urethral sphincter insufficiency (type III SUI).10 The AUS is a synthetic device that includes an internal cuff made of silicone ...
by John Walker-Smith, Simon Murch
The AUS is a viable alternative to the urethral sling or periurethral injection therapy for these difficult patients.
the AUS is that it offers the surgeon the ability to dissect through the difficult urethrovaginal plane under direct vision. In the patient ...
Proposed Livestock Grazing Program, Cerbat/Black Mountain Planning Units by United States. Bureau of Land Management
Aus means animal units ( see page ...
Great Wine Made Simple (2010)
Straight Talk from a Master Sommelier by Andrea Robinson
Andhere are the label terms you will find on the dessert styles: Auslese (OUSE- lay-zuh) Aus means out, lese means picked, referring to the fact that overripe clusters are isolated from the rest of the crop for this wine. This is the first ripeness ...
After Prostate Cancer (2011)
A What-Comes-Next Guide to a Safe and Informed Recovery by Arnold Melman M.D., Rosemary Newnham
The rates for complications are shown below: TABLE 62 The best thing about an AUS is that you can regain continence in a short period of time and appear ...
Clinical Management and Rehabilitation by Clare J. Fowler, Jalesh N. Panicker, Anton Emmanuel
urinarysphincter(AUS). The AUS is an excellent device for achieving continence. Although ...
by D.R. Bhandarkar, R. G. Bhandarkar
aus is that if a rebellion bleaks out and has to be put down with the Notes. 1 The last sentence ...
by Daniel R. Judd
AUS is a coeducational private university in Sharjah, The United Arab Emirates that was established in 1997. It follows an American curriculum offering both undergraduate and graduate programs with an approximate student body of 5,500 ...
Studies in Honour of Leonhard Lipka by Wolfgang Falkner, Hans-Jörg Schmid
Eine philologisch ideale Belegfülle und Dokumentationsdichte der englischen und der deutschen Sprachgegenwart wird sich nur über umfangreiche Untersuchungen vergleichsfähiger Datenbanken annähernd gleicher Zeiträume aus ...
by Elmar Waibl
Für ein Fachwörterbuch Philosophie ist diese Frage aber besonders schwierig, und zwar aus folgenden Gründen: (1) Als Grund- und Integrativwissenschaft bzw. als Prinzipienlehre (des Seins, der Erkenntnis, der Ethik, der Kunst usw.) besetzt ...
The Definitive Guide to All Flower Essences, their Making and Uses by Clare G. Harvey
Ear Problems: Bush Fuchsia, Bush Iris, Spinifex (FE Aus); Star Tulip (FES); Brown Kelp, Ox-Eye Daisy, Viburnum (Pac); French Lavender (PF). Eczema: Billy Goat Plum, Spinifex (FE Aus); Vanilla Leaf (Pac); Salvia (PF); Cherry (FES); Self-Heal ...
by Grand Rapids Public Library (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
Ekkehard: eine Geschichte aus dem zehnten Jahrhundert. Ger.441 Scherr, Johannes. Germania: zwei Jahr- tausende deutschen Lebens, Kulturge- schichtlich geschildert Ger.370 — Novellenbuch. 10 v.: 1-2 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Aus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition Aus
- SportDOG TEK 1.0 Explanation of Icons - EU / CAN / AUS
- Mike Aus, "Meaning Comes From Making a Difference" Houston Oasis Gathering, Mar 9, 2014
- Definition Health Club, CFM Testimony, Bull Creek AUS
Anji Mollison explains here why she chose CFM and will continue to...
- Hinterhof Jargon aus Bremen: 3. Platz beim CITY CUP 2013
- First ever AUS ESL match: AVANT KellinQUINN vs MONARCHY (ACE)
- APH - Aus X Hung - Love will find a way [2 Language]
- Wie du Verbindungen aus einem Adverb und einem Verb richtig schreibst
- Serbian language school "St Sava" Brisbane QLD AUS
Performance at school premises.
- EVEREADY AUS 15s EFL - ZAMAC AMTBB
- Enchanted vs MarviE Game 1 ESL CC POR vs AUS
- ScReaM vs Gamtja Game 1 ESL CC POR vs AUS
- Enchanted vs MarviE Game 2 ESL CC POR vs AUS
- Enchanted vs MarviE Game 3 ESL CC POR vs AUS - 1 / 2
- Enchanted vs MarviE Game 3 ESL CC POR vs AUS - 2 / 2
- Mitsuray vs Manking Game 2 ESL CC POR v AUS - 1 / 2
- ScReaM vs Gamtja Game 2 ESL CC POR vs AUS - 2 / 2
- Muska (AUS) - Filthy Language EP // Loophole Recordings
Muska (AUS) - Filthy Language EP // Loophole Recordings [LHR007] Genre: Techno,Tech-House, Release Date: Jun 29 2012 Beatport: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Aus!
Quotes about Aus
Ein Rauhreif, der reifte
vor sich hin
ein silberner Reif
war sein Gewinn -
er dachte er wär schlau
doch dafür war er
viel zu rauh!
Es kam die Sonne
da war sein kurzes
@floydfloydson 12.21.2010 (Floyd Floydson)
more quotes about aus...
Scrabble value of A1U1S1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine