On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective ay
What does ay mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- For an indefinite time.
- synonym: always
Definition of the adverb ay
What does ay mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- Always; ever.
Other definitions of ay
What does ay also mean?
- Ah! alas!
- [alternative spelling of, aye, nodot=yes] ("yes")
- Ay a.k.a. Finnair Plc is the flag carrier and largest airline of Finland, with its headquarters in Vantaa and its main hub at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. Finnair and its subsidiaries dominate both domestic and international air travel in Finland. Its major shareholder is the government of Finland, with 55.8% of the shares.
- also known as Finnair PLC, 芬兰航空
- official website: www.finnair.com
- AY is a record label.
- Ay was the penultimate Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt's 18th dynasty. He held the throne of Egypt for a brief four-year period, although he was a close advisor to two and perhaps three of the pharaohs who ruled before him and was said to be the power behind the throne during Tutankhamun's reign. Ay's prenomen or royal name—Kheperkheperure—means "Everlasting are the Manifestations of Ra" while his birth name Ay it-netjer reads as 'Ay, Father of the God.' Records and monuments that can be clearly attributed to Ay are rare, not only due to his short length of reign, but also because his successor, Horemheb, instigated a campaign of damnatio memoriae against him and other pharaohs associated with the unpopular Amarna Period.
- Ay a.k.a. A.Y.: Ambwene Allen Yessayah, better known by his stage name as A.Y., is a Tanzanian bongo flava artist. He was born on July 5, 1981 in Mtwara, Southern part of Tanzania. He began his career with the group S.O.G. in 1996. He decided to go solo in 2002. AY is among the first bongo flava artists to commercialize hip hop. He was member of the musical group known as East Coast Army, but now he's no longer part of the group. He is still releasing songs and albums collaborating most with an ex-coast artist MwanaFA.
- Ay is the fictional representation of Ay, the penultimate Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt's 18th dynasty.
- Ay is a fictional character from the 2010 film Zephyr.
- Ay is a fictional character from the 2007 film La Reine Soleil.
- Ay is a fictional character from the 2014 film Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
- "Ay" a.k.a. "Ay!" is a musical album of Astrid Hadad & Los Tarzanes, Astrid Hadad, Los Tarzanes.
- also known as ¡Ay!
- released on (20 years ago)
- "Ay" a.k.a. "Ay..." is a musical album of Nacho Umbert & Refree.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Ay" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Tarkan
- "Ay" is a composition.
- music by Kike Mendoza
- "Ay" is a 2011 single by Indonesian band D'Bagindas.
- artist: D'Bagindas
- released in (5 years ago)
Ay is a commune in the Marne department in northeastern France.
Ay a.k.a. Aymara language: Aymara is an Aymaran language spoken by the Aymara people of the Andes. It is one of only a handful of Native American languages with over three million speakers. Aymara, along with Quechua and Spanish, is an official language of Bolivia. It is also spoken around the Lake Titicaca region of southern Peru and, to a much lesser extent, by some communities in northern Chile and in Northwest Argentina.
- also known as 艾馬拉語
Scrabble value of A1Y4
The value of this 2-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Ay to learn how to say it correctly!