Babe appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Masseuse babe sues Sam.
- Ten game babes net a tense babe magnet.
- One babies’ index evaded a vexed nisei babe, no?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun babe:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun babe
- Phrases with Babe
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Babe
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Babe
- Photos about Babe
- Video language resources about Babe
- Quotes about Babe
- Scrabble value of B3A1B3E1
- Anagrams of BABE
- Share this page
The word babe is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun babe
What does babe mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: babes
- a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk
- examples: The cradle is as brand new as the born babe lying in it. | I can't believe you're so clueless. You're like a babe in the woods. | Get in the car, babe. We're driving to Madagascar. | When it comes to dealing with computers, he's a babe in the woods. | You're messing up with the wrong guy, babe. | She's a babe. | You're a babe. | Mary is a babe.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of babe: baby / infant
- more generic words: child / kid = a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age
- more specific terms:
- blue baby = an infant born with a bluish color
- cherub = a sweet innocent baby
- abandoned infant / foundling = a child who has been abandoned and whose parents are unknown
- godchild = an infant who is sponsored by an adult (the godparent) at baptism
- neonate / newborn = a baby from birth to four weeks
- nurseling / nursling / suckling = an infant considered in relation to its nurse
- pappoose / papoose = an American Indian infant
- test-tube baby = a baby conceived by fertilization that occurs outside the mother's body
- war baby = conceived or born during war
Alternative definition of the noun babe
- [context: literary or poetic] A baby or infant; a very young human or animal.
- [slang] An attractive person, especially a young woman.
- [context: also 'babes' [s]] Darling [gloss, term of endearment].
Who is Babe?
Babe a.k.a. Belinda Carlisle: Belinda Jo Carlisle is an American singer who gained worldwide fame as the lead vocalist of the Go-Go's, one of the most successful all-female bands of all time. The group sold more than seven million albums in just three years and she later went on to have a successful solo career with hits such as "Mad About You", "I Get Weak", "Circle in the Sand", "Leave a Light On" and "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" among others, which were major successes in the United States and the United Kingdom as well as internationally.
- read more about Belinda Carlisle (pop rock artist)
Babe is a Serbian rock supergroup from Belgrade.
Phrases with Babe
Phrases starting with the word Babe:
Phrases ending with the word Babe:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Babe
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Readers' Theater: Tall Tales (2006)
by Maureen Gerard
Babe is the greatest, bluest beast ever was. Paul once used Babe to straighten out thirty miles of crooked town road. Babe, you are the greatest, bluest beast ever was. Nowyou take the end ...
” The babe is the symbol of coming into the world and the aged man the symbol of departing from it, and by a hawk they ...
by George B. Kirsch, Othello Harris, Claire Elaine Nolte
RUTH, GEORGE HERMAN ("Babe") great American pastime. Rough-and- tumble Babe loved it and thoroughly outplayed all other members of the forty- three intramural St. Mary's teams, made up of youngsters from each dormitory, floor, ...
by Paul Dickson
Babe 1. The most famous nickname in baseball, the one given to George Herman Ruth, ...
by Jackson R. Bryer, Mary C. Hartig
American playwright Thomas Babe,a playwright most often associated with Joseph Papp's Public Theater, was born in Buffalo and raised in Rochester, New York.Babe waseducated at Harvard and Cambridge Universities and ...
English-Cheyenne Dictionary (1915)
by Rodolphe Charles Petter
babe, megevoz ( sg .) ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
Babe Ruth was known as the Sultan of Swat. Facts About RWANDA. The armies that fought the war were called the Reds and the Whites. The Reds represented the Russian Communists, as the Bolsheviks called themselves after March 1918.
by Francis Henry Stratmann
400; babe ршгеп ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Babe
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Babe
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: tiago araujo
Snapped this when she took a break from hunting mice in the straw stack.
Photo credit: thejesse
Photo credit: sprouticus
Photo credit: MFer Photography
Photo credit: Ibrahim Al-Shiwaish
50mm f/2.8 1/250
Photo credit: Schmirn
Photo credit: Incase.
Photo credit: Sharon Hahn Darlin
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Babe
Click on an item to play that video:
- Babe Meaning
Video shows what babe means. A baby or infant; a very young human or animal.. An attractive person, especially a young woman.. Darling .. babe synonyms: ...
- Babe in arms Meaning
Video shows what babe in arms means. An infant.. Babe in arms Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say babe in arms. Powered by ...
- Babe explain the Definition of Century haha !
- Luna talking to her daddy/"bade" meaning babe. Too cute =)
- The English Language, Everybody loves you babe
Chico Breaks The Record 04-17-15.
- Baby Talking babe talks in her own language
See also the pronunciation examples of Babe!
Quotes about Babe
Scrabble value of B3A1B3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BABE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Babe!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Babe to see it in context!