On this page:
Definition of the noun bad hat
What does bad hat mean as a name of something?
- someone who deliberately stirs up trouble
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of bad hat: mischief-maker / trouble maker / troublemaker / troubler
- more generic terms: persona non grata / unwelcome person = a person who for some reason is not wanted or welcome
- more specific terms:
- agitator / fomenter = one who agitates
- disturber = a troubler who interrupts or interferes with peace and quiet
- badgerer / heckler = someone who tries to embarrass you with gibes and questions and objections
- hellion / heller / devil = a rowdy or mischievous person
- hellhound = a very evil man
- instigator / firebrand / instigant / provoker / inciter = someone who deliberately foments trouble
- blusterer / loudmouth = a person who causes trouble by speaking indiscreetly
- practical joker / prankster / trickster / tricker / cut-up / hoaxer = someone who plays practical jokes on others
- rioter = troublemaker who participates in a violent disturbance of the peace
Alternative definition of the noun bad hat
- naughty maker of mischief [syn: troublemaker]
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for bad hat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eric Partridge
whata shocking bad hat! Mackay (1841), after noting thatthissucceeded quoz!as the phrasein ...
by Jonathon Green
bad hat n. [early 19C- 1950s] a rogue, an untrustworthy person, [according to Charles Mackay's Memoirs of ...
by Gordon Jarvie
An alternative with the same meaning is 'bad hat'. Compare black sheep (of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for bad hat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about bad hat
Click on an item to view that photo:
Bad hat hair
Photo credit: Kradlum
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about bad hat
Bad hat Meaning
Video shows what bad hat means. naughty maker of mischief. bad hat synonyms: troublemaker. Bad hat Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of bad hat to see it in context!