On this page:
- Definition of the verb bail out
- Phrases with Bail out
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Bail out
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bail out
- Photos about Bail out
- Video language resources about Bail out
- Quotes about Bail out
- Anagrams of BAIL OUT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb bail out
What does bail out mean as a doing phrase?
- free on bail
- remove (water) from a boat by dipping and throwing over the side
Alternative definition of the verb bail out
- [transitive] To secure the release of an arrested person by providing bail money.
- [transitive, nautical] To remove water from a boat by scooping it out.
- [transitive, idiomatic] To rescue, especially financially.
- [intransitive, with 'of'] To exit an aircraft while in flight.
- [intransitive, idiomatic, slang, with 'of'] To leave (or not attend at all) a place or a situation, especially quickly or when the situation has become undesirable.
- [intransitive, idiomatic, colloquial, with 'of'] To sell all or part of one's holdings in stocks, real estate, a business, etc.
Specialised definition of the verb bail out
Glossary of sports / golf
if you bail out, you play safe by e.g. playing short of a green which has bunkers guarding it (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- usage: slang
to avoid or get out of trouble. There are two different senses here: Making a long putt is one way of bailing out; another is to hit a safe shot rather than risk playing the ball into a hazard
"Bail Out" is a 1989 action film written and directed by Max Kleven.
- also known as W.B., Blue and the Bean; Wings of Freedom; David Hasselhoff - Wings of Freedom
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Sanford Hampton, David Hasselhoff, Max Kleven
- executive producers: Frank Giustra & Peter E. Strauss
- art direction by Gene Abel
- written by Max Kleven
- John Vernon as Mr. Ridgeway
- Linda Blair as Annette 'Nettie' Ridgeway
- David Hasselhoff as Roger 'White Bread' Donaldson
- Tony Brubaker as Mason 'Blue' Walcott
- Thomas Rosales, Jr. as Casper 'Bean' Garcia
- Gregory Scott Cummins as Zalazar
- Wayne Montanio as Felix
- Jack Jozefson as Charlie
- Sheree Bodoff as Lady Jogger
- Valerie Swift as Cors
- Joe Tornatore as Trainer
- cinematography by Anthony Gaudioz
- edited by Lucin Godard
- music by Chuck Cirino
- set decoration by Ann Job
- genres: Action Comedy, Action Film
- released on (25 years ago)
"Bail Out" a.k.a. "Bail-out" is a book by Mel TenHaken.
- also known as "Bail-out: POW 1944-1945"
"Bail Out" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Jerry Goldsmith
Bail out a.k.a. Bailout: A bailout is a colloquial term for giving financial support to a company or country which faces serious financial difficulty or bankruptcy. It may also be used to allow a failing entity to fail gracefully without spreading contagion. A bailout can, but does not necessarily, avoid an insolvency process. In the United States, Chapter 11, Title 11, United States Code governs insolvencies, which fall under Chapter 11, for businesses, Chapter 13, for humans, and Chapter 9, for municipalities.
- read more about Bailout
Phrases with Bail out
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Bail out
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sally-Anne Lambert
huhu SAILING To bail out vmter etc. ope To bail out a canoe ipuipu To bail water out of a canoe tiheru/tati To dash water out of a canoe; so: To bail ti To bail or more accurately to dash the ...
The Encyclopedia of Surfing (2005)
by Matt Warshaw
BAIL OUT beginning surfers and a fairly regular occurrence for intermediates and even experts. While practical, the bail out is often frustrating and time-consuming, as it often means getting tumbled and pushed shoreward.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bail out
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bail out
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about To Bail Out.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bail out
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Bail Out on.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bail out!
Quotes about Bail out
As a Republican, I voted with President Clinton consistently in our efforts to bail out our European friends in Kosovo to stop genocide. I am proud of those votes. I am proud of President Clinton for that. (Gordon Smith)
Anagrams of BAIL OUT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bail out!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bail out to see it in context!