Bald appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Bald elf fled lab.
- Was I bald as an idle hobo held in a sad lab I saw?
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective bald
- Definition of the noun bald
- Definition of the verb bald
- Phrases with Bald
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bald
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bald
- Photos about Bald
- Video language resources about Bald
- Quotes about Bald
- Scrabble value of B3A1L1D2
- Anagrams of BALD
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective bald
What does bald mean as an attribute of a noun?
Bald is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: balder | baldest
- with no effort to conceal
- lacking hair on all or most of the scalp
- without the natural or usual covering
Alternative definition of the adjective bald
- Having no hair, fur or feathers.
- antonym: haired
- Of tyres: whose surface is worn away.
- Of a statement: empirically unsupported.
Definition of the noun bald
What does bald mean as a name of something?
- [Appalachian] A mountain summit or crest that lacks forest growth despite a warm climate conducive to such, as is found in many places in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
Definition of the verb bald
What does bald mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: balded | balding | balds
- grow bald; lose hair on one's head
Alternative definition of the verb bald
- [intransitive] to become bald
- "Bald" is a 2008 comedy film written and directed by Blake Leibel.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Anson Carter & Rogina
- executive producer: Anson Carter
- production design by Michael Montaine & Jason Raines
- written by Blake Leibel
- casting by Sally Lear
- cinematography by Christopher Gosch
- edited by Jeremy Gosch & Thom Obarski
- music by Mike May
- costume design by James Crow
- genre: Comedy
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Bald" a.k.a. "Bald!" was a "fly-on-the-wall" documentary about baldness, broadcast on Channel 4 in the United Kingdom in April 2003. The show followed a number of men as they tried to hold back the advancement of hair loss, and the methods that they tried to cope with the problem.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- genre: Documentary film
- released in (12 years ago)
- "BALD" is a short film, directed by Felipe Torres Urso.
Bald is a fictional character from the 2011 comedy film The Best Movie 3.
"Bald" is a song by the English rock band The Darkness.
- music by Justin Hawkins
Phrases with Bald
- Bald Wig
- Bald Erne
- Bald Brome
- bald eagle
- Bald Patch
- Bald Blenny
- Bald Glassy
- Bald Parrot
- bald cypress
- Bald Sculpin
- Bald Bedstraw
- Bald Fleabane
- Bald As a Coot
- Bald Spikerush
- Bald Lamellaria
- Bald Spike-Rush
- charles the bald
View more phrases with the word Bald in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bald
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bald,bawld, adj. without hair (feathers, &c.) on the head (or on other parts of the body): bare, unadorned, destitute of literary grace: paltry, trivial: undisguised.—ns .Bald′coot, popular name for the coot, from its pure white widefrontalplate: ...
by Robert Allen
The bald coot or baldicoot (Fulica atra) has a white patch on its forehead. The English word bald may be cognate with Germanic words to do with 'shining' or ' having white patches', although an alternative etymology based on its early form ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bald
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bald
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bald
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bald Meaning
Video shows what bald means. Having no hair, fur or feathers. Having no hair on the head.. Of tyres: whose surface is worn away.. Of a statement: empirically ...
- Bald eagle Meaning
Video shows what bald eagle means. Haliaeetus leucocephalus, a species of eagle native to North America and notable for the white plumage on its head.. bald ...
- Bald patch Meaning
Video shows what bald patch means. An area of baldness on a partially bald head.. Bald patch Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- All Men Go Bald: Explanation and Reason
- BALD HEAD, BALD BROWS, BOLD LIPS: DAY 5, DONATION EXPLANATION: RIMMEL CUTTING EDGE
- Bald for Mexico - The explanation
- Bald as a coot Meaning
Video shows what bald as a coot means. totally bald, without any hair on one's head.. Bald as a coot Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Meaning and Pronunciation of BALD
- The Bald King of France (Philosophy of Language)
An explication of the Puzzle of the Bald King of France for the Law of the Excluded Middle in Philosophy of Language.
- Cycling Bald Hills Road: graphic description
Graphic display of road grade, speed and elevation profile with respect to distance from GPS. A supplement to video of the loop bicycle ride: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Bald!
Quotes about Bald
Scrabble value of B3A1L1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BALD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bald!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bald to see it in context!